Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jon Walters- an EFL rivals view of the imminent return 14:37 - Aug 30 with 3443 viewskentishblue

So I was speaking to a Stoke City supporting friend earlier this afternoon who was absolutely gutted to hear that JW was likely on the way back to Ipswich. He had been praying that Stoke were the other EFL team that Sean Dyche referred to in his comments as a potential loan destination.

" 20,000 Stoke fans would have him back in a heartbeat" were the exact words he used. Having Walters around the dressing room with his presence, ability and experience will be invaluable to the lads you've got making the transition from Leagues 1/2 to the Championship were his other comments.

Praise indeed - and a potential masterstroke by PH.
Jon Walters- an EFL rivals view of the imminent return on 15:06 - Aug 30 with 3191 viewsJ2BLUE

Agreed. I'm thrilled he's coming back. Quality player. He's 34, not bloody 44 and one of the criticisms from the small group of posters against the move is that he had no pace anyway!

Can't think of a better realistic loan striker than him right now. Bloody well done PH.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jon Walters- an EFL rivals view of the imminent return on 15:11 - Aug 30 with 3145 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Ive just spoke to my friend who is likewise a Stoke City friend he said: "Jesus, I'd be happy if I was you, very happy."

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Jon Walters- an EFL rivals view of the imminent return on 15:13 - Aug 30 with 3108 viewsLeagueOne

Jon Walters- an EFL rivals view of the imminent return on 15:06 - Aug 30 by J2BLUE

Agreed. I'm thrilled he's coming back. Quality player. He's 34, not bloody 44 and one of the criticisms from the small group of posters against the move is that he had no pace anyway!

Can't think of a better realistic loan striker than him right now. Bloody well done PH.

John Wark was about that age when he was still our best player! Although no longer playing in an attacking role - he still scored when needed too! Wark also looked 55 in his 30's.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Jon Walters- an EFL rivals view of the imminent return on 15:34 - Aug 30 with 2868 viewsMullet

Jon Walters- an EFL rivals view of the imminent return on 15:13 - Aug 30 by LeagueOne

John Wark was about that age when he was still our best player! Although no longer playing in an attacking role - he still scored when needed too! Wark also looked 55 in his 30's.

I think Walters to Wark is a hell of a stretch! Wark was one of the best players in the world comparatively.

It's clear that we need someone like Walters, whether that's damning of the window or just a sign of things not going well is irrelevant. It'd be nice to see us throw him or one of the other strikers on and it reinvigorate us mid-game. I think he gives us that.

The news about MacAuley joining him is almost surreal! However, the same thing applies they bridge a clear gap assuming they can still perform and they are former captains who clearly love the club/opportunity enough to come back at a time where we've lacked leadership.

For me those elements are crucial and give us more than just signing any old pro kicking their heels.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Jon Walters- an EFL rivals view of the imminent return on 15:34 - Aug 30 with 2859 viewschicoazul

Jon Walters- an EFL rivals view of the imminent return on 15:06 - Aug 30 by J2BLUE

I'm not unhappy about signing him specifically. I do question the need to get him in the first place.
He's a very good player (with the caveat he has had a bad injury and not scored for a season) and if we could sign him perm for a couple of seasons I would be over the moon.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Jon Walters- an EFL rivals view of the imminent return on 15:42 - Aug 30 with 2787 viewsLeagueOne

Jon Walters- an EFL rivals view of the imminent return on 15:34 - Aug 30 by Mullet

I think Walters to Wark is a hell of a stretch! Wark was one of the best players in the world comparatively.

It's clear that we need someone like Walters, whether that's damning of the window or just a sign of things not going well is irrelevant. It'd be nice to see us throw him or one of the other strikers on and it reinvigorate us mid-game. I think he gives us that.

The news about MacAuley joining him is almost surreal! However, the same thing applies they bridge a clear gap assuming they can still perform and they are former captains who clearly love the club/opportunity enough to come back at a time where we've lacked leadership.

For me those elements are crucial and give us more than just signing any old pro kicking their heels.

Oh I agree that Walters and Wark are leagues apart in terms of ability and status BUT as you said we need someone who meets that criteria although players with top flight experience are hardly queing up to join us. Walters has had one hell of a career since leaving compared to most ex-Town players. Some even end up in Norwich these days...

It's good that Walters (and McAuley if true) are willing to come back and give something back to the club after all these years in what is an hour of need in some respects.

It's also good for the supporters morale. It's pretty low at the moment and seeing old friends always helps give the club a lift, especially given there's been so much change here for one summer.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Jon Walters- an EFL rivals view of the imminent return on 20:40 - Aug 30 with 2187 viewsKeaneish

Jon Walters- an EFL rivals view of the imminent return on 15:34 - Aug 30 by Mullet

Agreed. 125 international caps between them. Ooosht! Great time to bring them. This is the turning point Mullet, I can feel it. Not just for us to climb the table, it’s the turning point between both East Anglian rivalries futures too...

Haven’t looked forward to a game this much in a very long time and we’re bottom of the league!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Jon Walters- an EFL rivals view of the imminent return on 20:45 - Aug 30 with 2141 viewsSuperblue95

Watch your back, Harry won't be happy with you giving our rivals views.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Login to get fewer ads

Jon Walters- an EFL rivals view of the imminent return on 21:20 - Aug 30 with 1960 viewsHarryfromBath

I can back the opening poster up. My Stoke mate texted me this when I got in touch with him: "SJW (Sir Jon Walters) will do a great job! I only wish we had him back at Stoke."

The news has also unnerved that lot up the road when it broke today. The phrase "will be a physical presence for us to deal with" was said with nervousness. Walters may not last a full 90 minutes but a substitute appearance could give the crowd such an adrenaline shot on Sunday.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Jon Walters- an EFL rivals view of the imminent return on 22:29 - Aug 30 with 1638 viewsMullet

Jon Walters- an EFL rivals view of the imminent return on 20:40 - Aug 30 by Keaneish

Agreed. 125 international caps between them. Ooosht! Great time to bring them. This is the turning point Mullet, I can feel it. Not just for us to climb the table, it’s the turning point between both East Anglian rivalries futures too...

Haven’t looked forward to a game this much in a very long time and we’re bottom of the league!

Just ask them about their finances and you will be deluged with fear and loathing in Dereham and beyond.

There has been some speculation on that side this Sunday might be a Div 3 fixture next season. That would be absolutely soul destroying.

I quite fancy a win for us Sunday, but I don't think it'll be easy, fun or good to watch which is fine. They have the players to hurt us from our weaknesses and we them. You just feel we should have more lads with a point to prove and the spunk to do it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024