Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Station hotel 01:14 - Aug 31 with 4516 viewsbritbiker

So they put the game on Sunday at mid day I assume to reduce the likelihood of drunken bad behaviour.

Then the appropriate authority gives the station hotel an early licence to serve beer from 6am. What could possibly go wrong.

I like a couple of beers before the game but isnt 6am a bit early.
Station hotel on 02:03 - Aug 31 with 4469 viewswitchdoctor

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Station hotel on 05:56 - Aug 31 with 4379 viewsPendejo

Station hotel on 02:03 - Aug 31 by witchdoctor

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

???

Perfectly valid point I think.

Why not just go with 15:00 and normal opening times? Does seem a bit skew-wiff.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Station hotel on 06:42 - Aug 31 with 4338 viewsCoastalblue

6 AM could be considered a bit late rather than early.

Particularly at the end of a Saturday night.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Station hotel on 07:38 - Aug 31 with 4246 viewsbritbiker

Station hotel on 02:03 - Aug 31 by witchdoctor

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thank for your constructive comment. I thought it was valid. Either they kick off early to help avoid drunks or if you are going to allow pubs to serve for six hours you may as well leave the kick off at the normal time on a Saturday.

I'm sure there will be some going out on Saturday who will be tempted for an all nighter then start again at six.
Station hotel on 07:49 - Aug 31 with 4216 viewsColin_Viljoen

Station hotel on 07:38 - Aug 31 by britbiker

Thank for your constructive comment. I thought it was valid. Either they kick off early to help avoid drunks or if you are going to allow pubs to serve for six hours you may as well leave the kick off at the normal time on a Saturday.

I'm sure there will be some going out on Saturday who will be tempted for an all nighter then start again at six.

"Those were the days"
Station hotel on 08:06 - Aug 31 with 4188 viewsflimflam

Popped in there last week for a quick pint after getting train to Ippy and before getting a taxi to a wedding and spoke to the landlord about this.

He said they would be open at that time anyway as they are a hotel and would usually have customers wanting breakfast etc.

Also said Villa was his biggest pay day last season.

Place is a bit of a dump though.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 8:07]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Station hotel on 08:14 - Aug 31 with 4150 viewsfactual_blue

Station hotel on 06:42 - Aug 31 by Coastalblue

6 AM could be considered a bit late rather than early.

Particularly at the end of a Saturday night.

And the first train from the back of beyond doesn't arrive until 7.30....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Station hotel on 08:14 - Aug 31 with 4151 viewsbritbiker

Station hotel on 08:06 - Aug 31 by flimflam

Popped in there last week for a quick pint after getting train to Ippy and before getting a taxi to a wedding and spoke to the landlord about this.

He said they would be open at that time anyway as they are a hotel and would usually have customers wanting breakfast etc.

Must admit I havnt been in there since they designated it as the away pub. It was a dump then but it looked like it had been tidied up outside since then.

Can imagine the fixture list make thousands of pounds difference to the landlord. I imagine Leeds at home on a 3pm kick off would be huge. They always pack out the beer garden.
Login to get fewer ads

Station hotel on 08:18 - Aug 31 with 4132 viewsBrixtonBlue

Station hotel on 08:14 - Aug 31 by britbiker

Must admit I havnt been in there since they designated it as the away pub. It was a dump then but it looked like it had been tidied up outside since then.

Can imagine the fixture list make thousands of pounds difference to the landlord. I imagine Leeds at home on a 3pm kick off would be huge. They always pack out the beer garden.

Imagine if you're someone who's booked it as a hotel and don't know about the football connection. That could be a ruddy nightmare!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Station hotel on 08:21 - Aug 31 with 4131 viewsflimflam

Station hotel on 08:14 - Aug 31 by britbiker

Leeds was his second biggest pay day then Norwich.

Must make thousands when away fans travel in numbers so fair play to him.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Station hotel on 08:26 - Aug 31 with 4116 viewsbritbiker

Station hotel on 08:18 - Aug 31 by BrixtonBlue

Imagine if you're someone who's booked it as a hotel and don't know about the football connection. That could be a ruddy nightmare!

Yeah. Probably the only time they run out of black pudding and brown sauce at breakfast is when leeds fans arrive.
Station hotel on 10:11 - Aug 31 with 3940 viewsshoopdelang

Whilst your point is correct that it’s counter productive of authorities.

I’m glad the station hotel is opening early, even if it is for Norwich. Almost putting two fingers up and showing how pathetic this 12pm on a Sunday kick off is.
Station hotel on 10:14 - Aug 31 with 3930 viewsSwansea_Blue

Station hotel on 05:56 - Aug 31 by Pendejo

???

Perfectly valid point I think.

Why not just go with 15:00 and normal opening times? Does seem a bit skew-wiff.

Quite. Doesn't make any sense at all.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Station hotel on 10:38 - Aug 31 with 3874 viewsBrixtonBlue

Station hotel on 10:11 - Aug 31 by shoopdelang

Whilst your point is correct that it’s counter productive of authorities.

I’m glad the station hotel is opening early, even if it is for Norwich. Almost putting two fingers up and showing how pathetic this 12pm on a Sunday kick off is.

Who's it putting two fingers up to?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Station hotel on 10:42 - Aug 31 with 3863 viewsartsbossbeard

I don't agree with it being a dump, to be fair.

It was before the refurb but it's a lot tidier, airier and friendlier now. It's a typical train station pub with regular traffic and not many locals.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Station hotel on 02:15 - Sep 2 with 3673 viewsshoopdelang

Station hotel on 10:38 - Aug 31 by BrixtonBlue

Who's it putting two fingers up to?

The establishment maaaan. Fight the power !
Station hotel on 03:20 - Sep 2 with 3640 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

12 noon start affects supporters in different ways. Some won't be able to view / follow the game or be in attendance but as mentioned one primary reason is to allow restriction on potential alcohol incidents. You got to satisfy SKY TV scheduling also you'd imagine.

It's not going to prevent people consuming beer beverages before the time indicated, only push them back to an earlier point of commencement. Hope one day games of this nature can return to a more appropriate start. People need to think of others before scheduling these damn stupid game times.
Station hotel on 05:37 - Sep 2 with 3600 viewsBenters2

Decent pint though and it’s hardly a dump ffs
Station hotel on 07:57 - Sep 2 with 3480 viewsBrixtonBlue

Station hotel on 02:15 - Sep 2 by shoopdelang

The establishment maaaan. Fight the power !

The establishment has to sanction it, so it's not really sticking two fingers up to anyone. Erm, maaaan.

Station hotel on 08:32 - Sep 2 with 3385 viewswitchdoctor

Station hotel on 07:38 - Aug 31 by britbiker

reason being this subject has been done to death on here already, that’s why... 🙄
Station hotel on 09:53 - Sep 2 with 3208 viewsbritbiker

Station hotel on 08:32 - Sep 2 by witchdoctor

reason being this subject has been done to death on here already, that’s why... 🙄

So why read and leave a comment. The headline makes it fairly clear what the subject is.
Station hotel on 09:58 - Sep 2 with 3185 viewscarlisleaway

Station hotel on 05:37 - Sep 2 by Benters2

Decent pint though and it’s hardly a dump ffs

The landlord should double the price of a pint for the legions of Budgies entering our county.
Station hotel on 10:49 - Sep 2 with 3032 viewsHennikerBlu

Station hotel on 10:42 - Aug 31 by artsbossbeard

I don't agree with it being a dump, to be fair.

It was before the refurb but it's a lot tidier, airier and friendlier now. It's a typical train station pub with regular traffic and not many locals.

I agree, not been in for a good while, but they did smarten it up a lot with a refit. Have they maintained it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024