Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BART dropped 11:14 - Sep 2 with 6520 viewsGlasgowBlue

Quite rightly imo.

Needs a kick up the arse and this shows that Hurst will only pick a team in merit.

COYB

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

on 11:16 - Sep 2 with 3992 views_

BART dropped on 11:19 - Sep 2 with 3934 viewsBluefish

Completely disagree. Getting lots of blame but not all his fault and some just bad luck. Regardless of any of that wrong time to do it.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

BART dropped on 11:20 - Sep 2 with 3896 viewsBiGDonnie

Terrible decision imo. BART is a class apart from Gerken and being dropped after a only a couple of mistakes won’t do anything for his confidence.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

BART dropped on 11:21 - Sep 2 with 3881 viewsgainsboroughblue

A potentially very unsettling move for the side ahead of the biggest game of the season. I hope Hurst is right.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

BART dropped on 11:25 - Sep 2 with 3790 viewsKeaneish

Agreed. He’s been terrible so far this season and a shadow of where he finished last season. How many games do you give him? 6 bad or below average back to back games is a good run not to snap out of it. He’s off form for whatever reason. Is Gerken up to it? Who knows. Not seen him for a long time.

HUGE call though. Fair play.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 11:25]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

BART dropped on 11:25 - Sep 2 with 3787 viewsbraveblue

Madness.
BART dropped on 11:36 - Sep 2 with 3662 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 11:16 - Sep 2 by _

I posted this after the last game.

7 out of 9 conceded by GlasgowBlue 25 Aug 2018 17:09
Have we reached the stage where we give Gerken a run out?

If Bart played in any other position his place would definitely be under threat.

I have seen us twice live and watched all the highlights and Bart has been a shadow of his former self. Flapping at crosses, palming shots into the danger area and he has been at fault for a good few of our goals conceded.

Hurst's decision has filled me with confidence because regardless of today's result he has shown that the job and ocasion hasn't overawed him and he isn't frightened to make a big call.

Of course this could go the way of Jewell putting in ALB in 2011.

Iron Lion Zion

on 11:38 - Sep 2 with 3637 views_

BART dropped on 11:36 - Sep 2 by GlasgowBlue

If Bart played in any other position his place would definitely be under threat.

I have seen us twice live and watched all the highlights and Bart has been a shadow of his former self. Flapping at crosses, palming shots into the danger area and he has been at fault for a good few of our goals conceded.

Hurst's decision has filled me with confidence because regardless of today's result he has shown that the job and ocasion hasn't overawed him and he isn't frightened to make a big call.

Login to get fewer ads

BART dropped on 11:41 - Sep 2 with 3607 viewsBlueBoots

Well...Hurst has dropped one of our "undroppable" players - does pretty much signal to the rest of the squad that anyone out of form or not at the levels he expects won't stay in the team on reputation...

Massive call (particularly for this fixture) - would expect several players to be even more focussed than usual to make sure they're not next!

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

BART dropped on 11:45 - Sep 2 with 3565 viewsdalianwasexciting

BART dropped on 11:41 - Sep 2 by BlueBoots

Well...Hurst has dropped one of our "undroppable" players - does pretty much signal to the rest of the squad that anyone out of form or not at the levels he expects won't stay in the team on reputation...

Massive call (particularly for this fixture) - would expect several players to be even more focussed than usual to make sure they're not next!

The issue is not just Bart - the whole defence has been in disarray at points. You do not become a bad and dodgy keeper overnight, the defence is a very changed one and has a weak link (IMO with Spence) and Bart will still pull off stops other keepers do not make. I am not convinced that DG is actually up to this level full stop but I am happy to be proved very wrong in a couple of hours.

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

BART dropped on 11:49 - Sep 2 with 3528 viewsGlasgowBlue

BART dropped on 11:45 - Sep 2 by dalianwasexciting

The issue is not just Bart - the whole defence has been in disarray at points. You do not become a bad and dodgy keeper overnight, the defence is a very changed one and has a weak link (IMO with Spence) and Bart will still pull off stops other keepers do not make. I am not convinced that DG is actually up to this level full stop but I am happy to be proved very wrong in a couple of hours.

Has the defence been in any more disarrayn than last season? It was shambolic at times and it was Bart who saved our embarrassment a fair few times.

But if Harrison is dropped for not putting the ball in the net then the same standards should apply to our goalie.

Hopefully Bart gets his head down and fights to regain his place rather than throwing a strop.

Iron Lion Zion

BART dropped on 11:51 - Sep 2 with 3505 viewsfloridaboy

BART dropped on 11:45 - Sep 2 by dalianwasexciting

Sorry but the issue is Bart. He has had a very poor start to the season. The players in front of him need to know he is on the ball which he obviously is not. That is when panic sets in.

Good move IMHO. Up to Gerken to grabs his opportunity with both hands and show that he is capable of being No 1.

You watch him have an absolute stormer!
BART dropped on 11:54 - Sep 2 with 3487 viewsreusersfreekicks

BART dropped on 11:36 - Sep 2 by GlasgowBlue

Looking at the line up I wondered the opposite, if Hurst is over-awed and has panicked a bit. Dropping Bart, bringing in 3 new players direct to team and having so many loanees one who has been playing well at right back has to be dropped from squad. Does not feel like a measured change
BART dropped on 13:10 - Sep 2 with 3316 viewsdalianwasexciting

BART dropped on 11:54 - Sep 2 by reusersfreekicks

Looking at the line up I wondered the opposite, if Hurst is over-awed and has panicked a bit. Dropping Bart, bringing in 3 new players direct to team and having so many loanees one who has been playing well at right back has to be dropped from squad. Does not feel like a measured change

I have to agree reusersfreekicks. It seems a massive knee jerk reaction and clearly a side which has had no time to gel or get understanding. I feel sorry for Donacien who was doing well at RB after his iffy debut and now is the loanee to lose out. Not sure what Jordan Graham brings us, last time he hardly set the place alight. I would be more pleased to see Edun on the pitch and maybe have Graham as the first replacement.

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

BART dropped on 14:25 - Sep 2 with 3211 viewsVic

So .... did the decision to drop Bart pay off? How did Mr Pickle do?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

BART dropped on 14:33 - Sep 2 with 3175 viewsreadtheleaguetable

BART dropped on 14:25 - Sep 2 by Vic

Nothing to do. One good reaction save and one good punched clearance. Othrise he could have sat in the fifth row.

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

on 14:34 - Sep 2 with 3168 views_

BART dropped on 14:25 - Sep 2 by Vic

BART dropped on 14:35 - Sep 2 with 3156 viewsreadtheleaguetable

BART dropped on 14:33 - Sep 2 by readtheleaguetable

Nothing to do. One good reaction save and one good punched clearance. Othrise he could have sat in the fifth row.

Otherwise

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

BART dropped on 14:36 - Sep 2 with 3152 viewsSpruceMoose

on 11:16 - Sep 2 by _

He had a good game. I hope you'll acknowledge that. Otherwise I'll be forced to suspect you have preconceived opinions about him.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 14:37]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

on 14:37 - Sep 2 with 3146 views_

BART dropped on 14:36 - Sep 2 by SpruceMoose

He had a good game. I hope you'll acknowledge that. Otherwise I'll be forced to suspect you have preconceived opinions about him.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 14:37]

BART dropped on 14:38 - Sep 2 with 3141 viewsVic

on 14:34 - Sep 2 by _

‘flapped about’. Really? When was that?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

BART dropped on 14:39 - Sep 2 with 3131 viewsSpruceMoose

on 14:37 - Sep 2 by _

No. That would be an exceptional game.

A good game is doing what you are expected to do.

There's no criticism that can be leveled at him today. What more do you want? For him to head in from a corner?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

on 14:41 - Sep 2 with 3117 views_

BART dropped on 14:39 - Sep 2 by SpruceMoose

No. That would be an exceptional game.

A good game is doing what you are expected to do.

There's no criticism that can be leveled at him today. What more do you want? For him to head in from a corner?

BART dropped on 14:42 - Sep 2 with 3105 viewsSpruceMoose

on 14:41 - Sep 2 by _

I doubt it. I'm like Neville Southall.

The 2017 version!

on 14:43 - Sep 2 with 3100 views_

BART dropped on 14:38 - Sep 2 by Vic

‘flapped about’. Really? When was that?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024