Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers and Skuse 08:44 - Sep 4 with 8017 viewsitfcjoe

Interesting stuff this in a great piece from Noel Hunt, although I'm sure some will read this and still think they only play because they are Mick's 'proper blokes' despite all the evidence to the contrary.

This is one of my concerns about why senior players need to be kept onside and worry with spiky approach so far.

http://www.the42.ie/noel-hunt-interview-4210954-Sep2018/

“That chance to go to Ipswich, it was like a saviour, like I’d gone to heaven. Mick McCarthy, TC [his assistant, Terry Connor], they were so good to me, the fans were amazing.

“I scored in the first game and the relief – I remember I was sitting on the train coming back to Leeds. I went down on the Thursday train, played on the Saturday morning on the telly live on Sky, I was crying on the train [afterwards] for about an hour. It was such relief and happiness that I proved myself. I’d proven all the doubts in my own head wrong. Even my wife, she was just so happy when I came home.

“She couldn’t stop smiling and laughing all day. It was just nice, a lovely part of football.”

Hunt credits McCarthy and others at the club for helping to rejuvenate his career.

“[Mick is] a lovely man, a simple man, played the game right – just chilled and relaxed, wanted things done like he asked.

When I went to Ipswich, it was a dressing room. You had these big characters who were the best people in football – Luke Chambers, who is underrated and not often spoke of, he’s still there now as captain. Whatever he earns in football, he deserves, and more. For what he does, the way he has the dressing room, how he conducts himself, how his teams conduct themselves.

“Cole Skuse, he’s still there, he’s another absolute diamond. Strong people and a strong dressing room is what makes a dressing room successful.

“It doesn’t matter who [else] you have, it doesn’t matter the quality of the player. If you have Mick McCarthy, TC, people like Luke Chambers, Cole Skuse, and you put in 15 average players, they will do okay for you. They will not be relegated. They will hold their own, and overachieve, because of the people that are involved.”

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Chambers and Skuse on 11:44 - Sep 4 with 2211 viewsDeano69

Chambers and Skuse on 09:33 - Sep 4 by Guthrum

You have to not get relegated in order to mount a promotion push.

Glass half empty?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Chambers and Skuse on 11:53 - Sep 4 with 2196 viewsLeagueOne

Chambers and Skuse on 11:10 - Sep 4 by Steve_M

Anyone who didn't appreciate the work Mick did on team spirit and unity wasn't paying enough attention, nor able to remember the mess he inherited back in 2012. The question of whether that translated into enough on the pitch is a very different one.

Chambers was looking after himself in the absence of a sensible offer which I completely understand. That he was hours from leaving the club is, as you suggest, indicative of failings from the owner again.

I think Evans biggest problem here is he's not always the one running the show. It's decent he allows managers to get on with it, but some of the contract situations and deadline day dealings have been unforgivable. The Leon Best scenario sums it up perfectly. We all knew which way that would end up even as mere numbskulls.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Chambers and Skuse on 14:37 - Sep 4 with 2137 viewsGarv

Chambers and Skuse on 10:42 - Sep 4 by Guthrum

Would we have conceded with Skuse on the pitch?

He was on the pitch when they stroked it in from the edge of the box last season.

For me, while continuing to make mistakes, Chalobah was a good sub and by putting his foot in and winning headers we were able to get on the front foot a bit more. He's so frustrating because he can be brilliant and awful within the same 10 seconds.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

on 14:39 - Sep 4 with 2129 views_

Chambers and Skuse on 14:37 - Sep 4 by Garv

He was on the pitch when they stroked it in from the edge of the box last season.

For me, while continuing to make mistakes, Chalobah was a good sub and by putting his foot in and winning headers we were able to get on the front foot a bit more. He's so frustrating because he can be brilliant and awful within the same 10 seconds.

Chambers and Skuse on 15:05 - Sep 4 with 2106 viewsjaykay

didnt mullet put this up yesterday

A bit on his time here and his whole career in chronological order, but some really good insights about the game in general through the lenses of each club including us. Also proves why everybody hates Leeds I guess.

http://www.the42.ie/noel-hunt-interview-4210954-Sep2018

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Chambers and Skuse on 15:40 - Sep 4 with 2079 viewsGarv

on 14:39 - Sep 4 by _

Yeah I get that to an extent but it wasn't a great place to have a wild swipe at the ball was it? If he'd miscued it and it gone in the net (would have been bizarre admittedly) we'd have hammered him. He let it run but then he did get a tackle in to take it away from the man. It's not necessarily his fault it fell to another yellow shirted player. There were other defenders on the pitch.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Chambers and Skuse on 15:50 - Sep 4 with 2067 viewsSpruceMoose

Chambers and Skuse on 09:16 - Sep 4 by Bluefish

The strange thing is he is confirming the things that normal people on here have been saying for years. As I've said before I've been lucky enough to be in the dressing room on a match day and chambers influence is enormous, spend any time at all with chambers and skuse and you get see what great blokes they are. Both a pleasure to be around, They are also both massively underrated as players

My God. I've just worked it out.

You are Mark Fish.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Chambers and Skuse on 16:03 - Sep 4 with 2038 viewsSlambo

Me and my mates bumped into Noel Hunt on the tube after that Charlton game. All bundled him, gave him a hug, got a group picture with him, saying 'cheers Noel, you made our day' and he replied 'jaysus lads, you made my f*ckin year!'. Remember cynically thinking at the time 'yeah right', but sounds like he was really at a low ebb then...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Login to get fewer ads

Chambers and Skuse on 16:31 - Sep 4 with 2000 viewsitfcjoe

Chambers and Skuse on 16:03 - Sep 4 by Slambo

Me and my mates bumped into Noel Hunt on the tube after that Charlton game. All bundled him, gave him a hug, got a group picture with him, saying 'cheers Noel, you made our day' and he replied 'jaysus lads, you made my f*ckin year!'. Remember cynically thinking at the time 'yeah right', but sounds like he was really at a low ebb then...

That's pretty cool, I know it would probably have been an emotional moment for him anyway but the joy you guys showed must have helped him loads. Nice one

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Chambers and Skuse on 18:03 - Sep 4 with 1960 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Chambers and Skuse on 08:50 - Sep 4 by Deano69

Nice article but fully points out the issue, ‘they will do ok and not get relegated’ which is admirable but at the same time not much of a spectator sport.

Wow, what a way to flip a positive comment from Noel. Maybe you didnt intend it like that.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Chambers and Skuse on 18:29 - Sep 4 with 1950 viewsDeano69

Chambers and Skuse on 18:03 - Sep 4 by Terry_Nutkins

Wow, what a way to flip a positive comment from Noel. Maybe you didnt intend it like that.

I was being positive about where we now find ourselves (post MM)

Not quite the opposite, but while it worked for Noel, who is a lovely guy, under the previous regime it would mean years of mediocrity and limited or minimal progress.

We may regret the decision to let MM go if the wheels fall off and we get relegated, but I don't think that will happen. It does feel like we are actually trying to build something now. Time will tell.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Chambers and Skuse on 18:45 - Sep 4 with 1936 viewsHerbivore

Chambers and Skuse on 16:03 - Sep 4 by Slambo

You made Noel Hunt cry, I hope you're pleased with yourself.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Chambers and Skuse on 18:47 - Sep 4 with 1932 viewsHerbivore

Chambers and Skuse on 14:37 - Sep 4 by Garv

I seem to recall Skuse had gone off for treatment and was just coming back on the pitch when Maddison scored last year, which kind of further reinforces the point. I'm not sure Chalobah yet has the maturity and discipline needed for the role he's being asked to play. He has the talent but that alone isn't enough.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Chambers and Skuse on 19:16 - Sep 4 with 1914 viewsBluebell

Chambers and Skuse on 15:50 - Sep 4 by SpruceMoose

My God. I've just worked it out.

You are Mark Fish.

Either that or he just likes watching men get changed!
Chambers and Skuse on 19:19 - Sep 4 with 1909 viewsSpruceMoose

Chambers and Skuse on 19:16 - Sep 4 by Bluebell

Either that or he just likes watching men get changed!

I can detect your jealousy from 3500 miles away!
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 19:20]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Chambers and Skuse on 19:30 - Sep 4 with 1893 viewsBluebell

Chambers and Skuse on 19:19 - Sep 4 by SpruceMoose

I can detect your jealousy from 3500 miles away!
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 19:20]

You know me so well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024