Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I might be delusional 19:42 - Sep 9 with 5340 viewsTractorWood

There was a paper called the Blue'un wasn't there?

Does it still get published?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I might be delusional on 19:44 - Sep 9 with 5339 viewshoppy

It was the Green'Un... it was printed on green paper originally. It then got incorporated just into Monday's EADT I believe.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I might be delusional on 19:49 - Sep 9 with 5316 viewsTractorWood

I might be delusional on 19:44 - Sep 9 by hoppy

It was the Green'Un... it was printed on green paper originally. It then got incorporated just into Monday's EADT I believe.

Thanks for confirming I'm delusional.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I might be delusional on 20:46 - Sep 9 with 5225 viewscarlisleaway

It was called the Geen Un
I might be delusional on 21:25 - Sep 9 with 5154 viewshoppy

I might be delusional on 20:46 - Sep 9 by carlisleaway

It was called the Geen Un

Or even the Green Un...

I might be delusional on 23:45 - Sep 9 with 5062 viewsronnyd

Always remember waiting on the Buttermarket in Bury for the Saturday evening edition to arrive.
I might be delusional on 09:54 - Sep 10 with 4902 viewsfarkenhell

I might be delusional on 23:45 - Sep 9 by ronnyd

Always remember waiting on the Buttermarket in Bury for the Saturday evening edition to arrive.

It did have very impressive publishing times. As a boy, I would often go to my grandparents house after a game, the journey would take no more than an hour or so, perhaps 90 minutes, depending on the heavy traffic. Occasionally the Green Un would beat us there!
I might be delusional on 10:06 - Sep 10 with 4884 viewsHarry_Palmer

I might be delusional on 09:54 - Sep 10 by farkenhell

It did have very impressive publishing times. As a boy, I would often go to my grandparents house after a game, the journey would take no more than an hour or so, perhaps 90 minutes, depending on the heavy traffic. Occasionally the Green Un would beat us there!

Ah yes, great memories. Getting the match report and all the local results on a Saturday evening....TWTD, I do miss the green un
I might be delusional on 10:12 - Sep 10 with 4873 viewsfarkenhell

I might be delusional on 10:06 - Sep 10 by Harry_Palmer

Ah yes, great memories. Getting the match report and all the local results on a Saturday evening....TWTD, I do miss the green un

I remember the match report was impressively detailed and would often fill in bits you missed whilst watching the match. Pre-internet of course.
Login to get fewer ads

I might be delusional on 11:05 - Sep 10 with 4829 viewsHarry_Palmer

I might be delusional on 10:12 - Sep 10 by farkenhell

I remember the match report was impressively detailed and would often fill in bits you missed whilst watching the match. Pre-internet of course.

It was, as you said it was very impressive how they used to manage to get so much detail in and still get it out so quickly.
I might be delusional on 12:00 - Sep 10 with 4787 viewshoppy

I might be delusional on 09:54 - Sep 10 by farkenhell

We used to go and have a drink after the game, then head to the station for the train back to Bury just after 6, and we’d be able to pick a copy up outside the station to read on the way home!
TWTD!

I might be delusional on 12:09 - Sep 10 with 4765 viewsmojo

Great little paper but the name never sat right with me. Surely they could have called it something else.
I might be delusional on 13:23 - Sep 10 with 4681 viewsColin_Viljoen

I remember Kevin Beattie coming into the Sporting Farmer after a game & grabbing a copy of the Green Un to read how he had played......legend!
I might be delusional on 19:51 - Sep 10 with 4553 viewsnorth_stand77

I remember going to the Combs Ford news agency as a kid on a Saturday teatime and there were always a collection of men waiting in /out of the shop for the arrival of the Green Un.

I thought it must be a very magical newspaper!
I might be delusional on 19:54 - Sep 10 with 4544 viewshoppy

I might be delusional on 19:51 - Sep 10 by north_stand77

I remember going to the Combs Ford news agency as a kid on a Saturday teatime and there were always a collection of men waiting in /out of the shop for the arrival of the Green Un.

I thought it must be a very magical newspaper!

It often was very magical back then!

I might be delusional on 19:58 - Sep 10 with 4534 viewsronnyd

I might be delusional on 19:54 - Sep 10 by hoppy

It often was very magical back then!

Yes, flying in the old Div1, great time to be a towen fan.
The "GREEN UN " was one of the highlights of the week back in the day.. on 00:15 - Sep 11 with 4429 viewseddiespearitt03

Yes, there were people hanging around outside paper shops all around the Ipswich area every Saturday night. Waiting for the delivery of the Green Un. Usually delivered between 6-7pm. The 1970,s was a magical time.

Even after an away match you could be getting back late at night on the "Blue Arrow" train and "KEN" would still be waiting on the platform trying to sell an Evening Star or Green Un to the supporters..
I might be delusional on 16:57 - Sep 11 with 4293 viewsmonty_radio

Anyone remember that among the local team reports which anyone could send in and get published there was a certain report from a local team (don't remember which) that was amazingly wordy and full of superb imagery?

We used to take turns to send ours in and, when it came to my own turn, I realised an ambition to call myself "ubiquitous" - a word beloved of Tony Garnett for any player who ran about a lot.

Actually, I didn't, but I liked the sound of the word.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

I might be delusional on 18:15 - Sep 11 with 4220 viewsFootballpete

I might be delusional on 10:06 - Sep 10 by Harry_Palmer

Every Saturday evening at 6.30 like clock work I'd get from my dad "boy, nip down the shop and get us a green un". Would give me an excuse to have a crafty fag.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024