Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment 15:10 - Sep 11 with 1502 viewsSteve_M

All of a sudden 194 with five wickets in hand is a possibility.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/18018/game/1119553/england-vs-india-5th-test-

Equally, one wicket will probably bring several.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment on 15:13 - Sep 11 with 1492 viewsbluewein

Which makes you wonder why Broad and Anderson have been left out for most of the day.

Very odd captaincy from Root...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment on 15:14 - Sep 11 with 1479 viewsReuser_is_God

Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment on 15:13 - Sep 11 by bluewein

Which makes you wonder why Broad and Anderson have been left out for most of the day.

Broad has a broken rib.

Not sure why Anderson hasn't bowled since 1st thing.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment on 15:16 - Sep 11 with 1474 viewsSteve_M

Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment on 15:13 - Sep 11 by bluewein

Broad has a cracked rib so that's probably why. There was a real need to slow down the run-scoring earlier though. 121/5 made the target a long way off but the rate that these two have scored at has brought it down quickly.

Some good batting though, good to get Rahul in form for Australia this Winter too.

Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment on 15:16 - Sep 11 with 1473 viewsgainsboroughblue

This is where Root is weak in captaincy. He lets the game drift way too often. In saying that, we've looked pretty toothless. Rashid should be coming to the party really.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment on 15:25 - Sep 11 with 1443 viewsBrianTablet

This is where we need Swanny.

First over of a spell, wicket guaranteed.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment on 15:33 - Sep 11 with 1430 viewsVic

Get one of these two and we'll probably get two and it'll be wrapped up by 5:30pm.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment on 15:47 - Sep 11 with 1403 viewscaught-in-limbo

No complaints from me. Test cricket is all the better for the current situation.

Personally, I'd have liked it to have been 2:2 going into the final test, but if India can win or even draw this test it'll be one of the best test series I can remember (outside a few of the Ashes series).
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 15:52]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment on 15:59 - Sep 11 with 1371 viewschicoazul

One of the greatest days in English cricket to be followed by one of the most embarrassing?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment on 16:36 - Sep 11 with 1325 viewsSteve_M

Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment on 15:47 - Sep 11 by caught-in-limbo

No complaints from me. Test cricket is all the better for the current situation.

Personally, I'd have liked it to have been 2:2 going into the final test, but if India can win or even draw this test it'll be one of the best test series I can remember (outside a few of the Ashes series).
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 15:52]

That's true, and 3-2 would be representative of the Summer. But, it's sport and I like winning more.....

One down now, Rashid in style:

Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment on 16:52 - Sep 11 with 1305 viewscaught-in-limbo

Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment on 16:36 - Sep 11 by Steve_M

That's true, and 3-2 would be representative of the Summer. But, it's sport and I like winning more.....

One down now, Rashid in style:

England were so dominant in the first two tests when it seemed they were playing against Kohli and had they not been, the weather would likely have given India a 1:0 lead after the third test. So 3:2 would have flattered India in retrospect, but 4:1 doesn't quite reflect the session by session play over the five tests.

Would love Cook to bowl and get Ishant's wicket for one last bit of Cook-based coincidence.

Great series.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 17:02]

#toxic

Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment on 16:57 - Sep 11 with 1292 viewsblueislander

Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment on 16:52 - Sep 11 by caught-in-limbo

England were so dominant in the first two tests when it seemed they were playing against Kohli and had they not been, the weather would likely have given India a 1:0 lead after the third test. So 3:2 would have flattered India in retrospect, but 4:1 doesn't quite reflect the session by session play over the five tests.

Would love Cook to bowl and get Ishant's wicket for one last bit of Cook-based coincidence.

Great series.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 17:02]

That Raschid delivery was unbelievable. It turned about 4 feet !
Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment on 17:18 - Sep 11 with 1259 viewscaught-in-limbo

Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment on 16:57 - Sep 11 by blueislander

It's all set for Anderson to take the final wicket and with Cook lead the teams off.

#toxic

Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment on 17:23 - Sep 11 with 1255 viewsCoastalblue

Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment on 16:57 - Sep 11 by blueislander

The batsman had a Gattinesque look about him as he looked down at the stumps.
Amazing ball.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment on 17:31 - Sep 11 with 1242 viewsCoastalblue

Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment on 15:33 - Sep 11 by Vic

Get one of these two and we'll probably get two and it'll be wrapped up by 5:30pm.

You were out by 3 minutes I think, you need to sharpen up your game

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment on 17:35 - Sep 11 with 1233 viewschicoazul

Cricket: Making hard work of winning this Test at the moment on 15:33 - Sep 11 by Vic

What are the lottery numbers for this weekend please.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024