Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London crossrail 23:39 - Sep 12 with 2639 viewsrgp1

Presumably when it's all up and running if we are away at say Reading or Southampton for example does anyone reckon you'll be able to board a train and get all the way back to Ipswich without stopping?
London crossrail on 00:15 - Sep 13 with 2584 viewsbournemouthblue

I wouldn't have thought it would be quite that simple but it will surely make the travel through the centre of London a lot quicker?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

London crossrail on 00:19 - Sep 13 with 2582 viewsSuperfrans

Very unlikely to be non-stop, you might need to change along the way too. But trains will go through from Shenfield to Reading so will avoid working your way from Liverpool St to Paddington.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

London crossrail on 07:00 - Sep 13 with 2410 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

You may have to change at Maidenhead (end of Crossrail section).....take the opportunity to explore this truly beautiful soulful town!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

London crossrail on 07:12 - Sep 13 with 2383 viewsReuser_is_God

London crossrail on 00:19 - Sep 13 by Superfrans

Very unlikely to be non-stop, you might need to change along the way too. But trains will go through from Shenfield to Reading so will avoid working your way from Liverpool St to Paddington.

Does that make Reading away more appealing?

No, no it doesn’t.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

London crossrail on 07:27 - Sep 13 with 2361 viewsSuperfrans

London crossrail on 07:12 - Sep 13 by Reuser_is_God

Does that make Reading away more appealing?

No, no it doesn’t.

It makes it quicker.

It did occur to me that it might also spell the end of a long London awayday tradition - the stop-off at Hamilton Hall.

London crossrail on 07:29 - Sep 13 with 2357 viewsFreddies_Ears

London crossrail on 07:27 - Sep 13 by Superfrans

It makes it quicker.

It did occur to me that it might also spell the end of a long London awayday tradition - the stop-off at Hamilton Hall.

Ipswich trains won't be stopping at Shenfield. Or, mostly, Stratford. So Liverpool St it is, still.
London crossrail on 07:34 - Sep 13 with 2341 viewsSuperfrans

London crossrail on 07:29 - Sep 13 by Freddies_Ears

Ipswich trains won't be stopping at Shenfield. Or, mostly, Stratford. So Liverpool St it is, still.

No, but Ipswich trains to Liverpool St will in lots of cases and it’ll be a lot easier to hop across from Ipswich to London train, to an Elizabeth Line train through the centre of London - compared to train to Liverpool St, Circle Line to Paddington (or another central London interchange for QPR, Fulham, Brentford etc) and then Paddington to Reading. It’ll save up to an hour getting across London I’d imagine.

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/elizabeth-line-december-2019.pdf
[Post edited 13 Sep 2018 7:35]

London crossrail on 07:37 - Sep 13 with 2324 viewsHerbivore

London crossrail on 07:34 - Sep 13 by Superfrans

No, but Ipswich trains to Liverpool St will in lots of cases and it’ll be a lot easier to hop across from Ipswich to London train, to an Elizabeth Line train through the centre of London - compared to train to Liverpool St, Circle Line to Paddington (or another central London interchange for QPR, Fulham, Brentford etc) and then Paddington to Reading. It’ll save up to an hour getting across London I’d imagine.

Liverpool St to Paddington doesn't take an hour.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

London crossrail on 07:40 - Sep 13 with 2318 viewsSuperfrans

London crossrail on 07:37 - Sep 13 by Herbivore

Liverpool St to Paddington doesn't take an hour.

So maybe 45-30 mins. Sorry I’m thinking of the time it takes to get there from Stratford area.

It’s not just the travel, it’s all the time changing, waiting for the next train etc it’ll save.

London crossrail on 07:43 - Sep 13 with 2314 viewsHerbivore

London crossrail on 07:40 - Sep 13 by Superfrans

So maybe 45-30 mins. Sorry I’m thinking of the time it takes to get there from Stratford area.

It’s not just the travel, it’s all the time changing, waiting for the next train etc it’ll save.

Trains to Reading are really frequent though, you can be in a train to Reading 30 mins after getting into Liverpool St. Won't you have to change to use Crossrail? I'm just not sure it'll save much time. Plus Reading is a hole so much better to break up the journey with a few beers in London anyway.

London crossrail on 07:55 - Sep 13 with 2301 viewsRozz

Who, on an away day, would want to skip through London on a single, alcohol free, largely underground service all the way from fecking dreadful Shenfield to fecking dreadful Reading?

You might as well get the coach.
London crossrail on 07:56 - Sep 13 with 2293 viewschiddley

London crossrail on 07:00 - Sep 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

You may have to change at Maidenhead (end of Crossrail section).....take the opportunity to explore this truly beautiful soulful town!

Crossrail starts at reading so won't need to change at Maidenhead.
I'm from Maidenhead.

Poll: The best joke petition of the last few days

London crossrail on 08:08 - Sep 13 with 2254 viewsSuperfrans

London crossrail on 07:43 - Sep 13 by Herbivore

Trains to Reading are really frequent though, you can be in a train to Reading 30 mins after getting into Liverpool St. Won't you have to change to use Crossrail? I'm just not sure it'll save much time. Plus Reading is a hole so much better to break up the journey with a few beers in London anyway.

Totally agree with the latter point. Yes, lots to be said about making the most of London rather than passing through to lovely Reading...

I’m just judging it on the times they are talking about. I’ll certainly use it to get to the other side of London from where I am just east of Stratford. It’ll make a big difference.

London crossrail on 09:44 - Sep 13 with 2153 viewsNo9

The passenger accommodation is crap for any distance travel.
Sheffield to Readign is likely to be 2 1/2 hours on that thing
Better to go into L'Street then across to Paddington
Although what we are going to get on the Nowich / L'street run look slike crap
London crossrail on 10:03 - Sep 13 with 2133 viewsFreddies_Ears

London crossrail on 07:34 - Sep 13 by Superfrans

Greater Anglia have previously said that trains between Ipswich and London will not be making an additional stop at Shenfield, and many won't stop at Stratford either. That said, Crossrail is a stopping service so it will take ages from Shenfield into town.
London crossrail on 10:07 - Sep 13 with 2117 viewsNo9

London crossrail on 10:03 - Sep 13 by Freddies_Ears

Greater Anglia have previously said that trains between Ipswich and London will not be making an additional stop at Shenfield, and many won't stop at Stratford either. That said, Crossrail is a stopping service so it will take ages from Shenfield into town.

Greater Anglia - Abilio- are they being honest about their servcies? A staff member told me that for some services Shenfiedl will be the main stop.
It looks like the only servcie that won't stop at Shenfield is the 'Norwich in 90' business trains which will only run once or twice a day.
Questions to Abillio about the time from Norwich to L'street on normal service don't get answered.

This whole franchise stinks
London crossrail on 10:16 - Sep 13 with 2092 viewsitfcjoe

London crossrail on 07:43 - Sep 13 by Herbivore

And then you have to get a bus to the stadium and it takes an hour to get out afterwards anyway....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

London crossrail on 10:23 - Sep 13 with 2075 viewsclive_baker

No, that'll never happen.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

London crossrail on 10:57 - Sep 13 with 2036 viewsHerbivore

London crossrail on 10:16 - Sep 13 by itfcjoe

And then you have to get a bus to the stadium and it takes an hour to get out afterwards anyway....

Yeah, it's a pretty lousy away day (aside from last season).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024