Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? 22:20 - Oct 24 with 5978 viewsbackwaywhen

Thoughts
How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 22:21 - Oct 24 with 4637 viewsCheltenham_Blue

God no.
He of all people would really struggle with this squad.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 22:21 - Oct 24 with 4632 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

A couple of years ago Idve said yes.

But in his last few jobs he's looked really low energy and uninspiring.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 22:23 - Oct 24 with 4611 viewstrueblue97

Scum
How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 22:23 - Oct 24 with 4602 viewsjas0999

No.
How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 22:24 - Oct 24 with 4592 viewsRomeo4

No thanks.
on 22:24 - Oct 24 with 4572 views_

How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 22:27 - Oct 24 with 4540 viewsBlueNode

He's good with League One teams... but the answer has to be NO.

Synapse central - No, I have not got a cold!
Poll: Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 22:30 - Oct 24 with 4503 viewssundaze

It's time for us fans to have a reality check, we aren't in a position where we are going to get a manager who has not had some failures at previous clubs. No one is going to leave another club to come to little old Town.
There is no investment and the club is in decline, we need a magician, not a manager.
Login to get fewer ads

How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 22:33 - Oct 24 with 4454 viewsBlueNode

How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 22:30 - Oct 24 by sundaze

It's time for us fans to have a reality check, we aren't in a position where we are going to get a manager who has not had some failures at previous clubs. No one is going to leave another club to come to little old Town.
There is no investment and the club is in decline, we need a magician, not a manager.

Its not Lambert's failures that rules him out, its his previous engagements on his CV that baulk with me.

Synapse central - No, I have not got a cold!
Poll: Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 17:13 - Oct 25 with 4194 viewsbackwaywhen

wish i had of lumped on now !
How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 17:14 - Oct 25 with 4173 viewsMoriarty

It’s a NO from me.

fka omuircheartaigh

How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 17:15 - Oct 25 with 4160 viewsreusersfreekicks

How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 17:14 - Oct 25 by Moriarty

It’s a NO from me.

Yes
How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 17:26 - Oct 25 with 4062 viewsKeaneish

Given Burley, Butcher, Matt Holland and Tarricco with or without Gus are available, I find the Lambert link hilarious. No doubt PH had lost the plot but an ex-scummer in charge? Really? This club gets more farcical by the day...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 17:27 - Oct 25 with 4039 viewsTIB

If we're going to consider someone with rival affiliations...I'd sooner have Bruce, at least he's relevant and a half decent manager.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 17:28 - Oct 25 with 4030 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

No. no success since Norwich 2011.

Back then George Burley was still managing, would rather have Burley over Lambert anyway of the week.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 17:31 - Oct 25 with 3985 viewsBigalhunter

How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 17:26 - Oct 25 by Keaneish

Given Burley, Butcher, Matt Holland and Tarricco with or without Gus are available, I find the Lambert link hilarious. No doubt PH had lost the plot but an ex-scummer in charge? Really? This club gets more farcical by the day...

Wasn't BFJ an 'ex-scummer'?
How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 17:31 - Oct 25 with 3989 viewsfloridaboy

Think some need to get a grip and grow up FFS!

Lambert has more experience on one hand than Hurst had. I for one couldn't care less if he has Norwich connections. If he gets us out of the hole we are in then great.

Just getting the right players in the starting eleven and have them playing football will be a great start.

Round pegs in round holes for starters.

Of course everyone is taking the Mirror story for granted! Lets wait and see if and when it happens.

His number two will be interesting. Chris Hogg or Gerard Nash maybe!
How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 17:35 - Oct 25 with 3927 viewsjjblue84

Preferable to one of the expensive dinosaur types!
How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 17:36 - Oct 25 with 3919 viewsKeaneish

How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 17:31 - Oct 25 by Bigalhunter

Wasn't BFJ an 'ex-scummer'?

He played a bunch of games for them. Very different to managing them to two promotions and beating us along the way.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Feels a bit desperate, and dare I say it, Jewellesqe on 17:36 - Oct 25 with 3915 viewsDyland

With no idea of the longer term plan though (and there won't be one yet), let's get behind whoever it is and try and stay in this division ffs.

Jesus, if we thought Mick leaving and Hurst coming in was our cathartic moment, how fooking wrong we were. The ride just gets more and more bumpy. But there's an opportunity for Evans now to put a decent structure in place, with DoF or whatever is needed.

Now Evans has experienced sacking a manager HE hired in short order, maybe he will/has listened to people close to the footballing side of things at ITFC (Klug e.g.). It's ridiculous berating him for hiring Hurst, but maybe now there's a proper opp to sort out the mid to long term plan, and get closer to the football side in terms of running things. Small hope I guess.

FFS, COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? (n/t) on 17:47 - Oct 25 with 3845 viewsBoiledOnion

How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 17:53 - Oct 25 with 3799 viewsChe

A big yes
Qualified, experienced and played at the highest level.
Its not about staying up now although that would be great tis the team that's going to get you back again.
Norwich could have sunk without Lambert after that Colchester mauling.
How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 17:55 - Oct 25 with 3766 viewstrev1991

Lambert would be the final nail in the ITFC coffin.
How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 18:24 - Oct 25 with 3660 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

No thank you! I really hope he isn't being lined up. Burley and Butch are the logical choice.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

How about Paul Lambert ....yes or no ? on 18:56 - Oct 25 with 3563 viewsBlueBrittania

Last major success over 6 years ago, struggled at Villa and Blackburn, failed at Stoke and was judged surplus to requirements at Wolves when their takeover happened. I'd be highly sceptical about this appointment even if he wasn't an ex Norwich manager.

Seem like we've been cursed since the day we sacked Jim and bit by bit the club's soul is ripped out, if it is Lambert at least I'll be at Millwall to see the last flickering of our pride under Klug before we trudge off into Lambert's reign.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024