Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be 23:18 - Nov 15 with 7352 viewsmos

For the young folk, like myself, whom are intending to become employed following university, the current situation looks a bit dull.

Following a no deal/hard Brexit which is becoming a more imminent possibility, we could end up with an economy built like a sh1thouse and the supposed end to this ‘austerity’ will be back.

Furthermore, not only the possible decrease in trade, but also trying to fill the sectors of work where immigrants make up a large percentage of that workforce. The NHS for example, 12.7% of its UK workforce are non British. Although Brexit doesn’t mean we will lose those 12.7% of NHS staff, it does reflect how immigration is crucial to the success of Britain, with it being an ageing population.

Not only that, I was wanting to go into the field of ‘International Finance/Law’, which is now looking a more difficult possibility. Not impossible, but has been made harder by statistically the older age groups within Britain.

Although I’m certainly one to oppose Nationalism/Patriotism, I’m struggling to see the ‘Great’ in Great Britain anymore.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 16:45 - Nov 16 with 575 viewsfooters

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 16:04 - Nov 16 by jimmyvet

Yes them same forecasters and economists who predicted recession and an emergency budget needed plus rampart unemployment straight after the vote to leave. I have the pleasure of economists and analysts daily with their views and predictions and I can count on 1 hand the amount who get things correct a month or two later ...I have no idea of your success in business or life but i suspect from your posts it is very limited and you are still in the learning phase with much to learn!
[Post edited 16 Nov 2018 16:07]

The morning of the result, the BoE increased QE, cut interest rates and bought up to £70bn in bonds and a provided a reserve of £100bn.

Action was needed and it was taken.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 16:47 - Nov 16 with 572 viewsJ2BLUE

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 10:37 - Nov 16 by factual_blue

You must also apologise for being hoodwinked in the first place.

I disagree.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 16:49 - Nov 16 with 566 viewsmos

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 08:26 - Nov 16 by hampstead_blue

Thinking on the OP.

I voted leave for one reason. The get out of an every closer union led by France and Germany.

It's in their interest to balls it up for us. That is their negotiating position.

I'd agree that May has undermined the manifesto promise and both Brexit ministers. Both were window dressing and puppets to her own man 'Olly Robins'.

There will be uncertainty but business finds solutions very quickly so I would not worry.
Think about the recent financial crash. The markets recovered from what looked like Armageddon, within a few months.

I like your choice of Int Finance. Providing you do your CFA/ACCA you'll never be poor.

Uncertainty in the markets and business causes contingency planning. What we are hearing are the worst cases which, in the whole won't happen.

Head down, get a First and you'll be fine.

Thank you for the response and the advice given, very useful.

Haven’t had time to respond on here as I haven’t really been checking - didn’t expect much of a response to my OP aha.

Again, thanks.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024