Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be 23:18 - Nov 15 with 7351 viewsmos

For the young folk, like myself, whom are intending to become employed following university, the current situation looks a bit dull.

Following a no deal/hard Brexit which is becoming a more imminent possibility, we could end up with an economy built like a sh1thouse and the supposed end to this ‘austerity’ will be back.

Furthermore, not only the possible decrease in trade, but also trying to fill the sectors of work where immigrants make up a large percentage of that workforce. The NHS for example, 12.7% of its UK workforce are non British. Although Brexit doesn’t mean we will lose those 12.7% of NHS staff, it does reflect how immigration is crucial to the success of Britain, with it being an ageing population.

Not only that, I was wanting to go into the field of ‘International Finance/Law’, which is now looking a more difficult possibility. Not impossible, but has been made harder by statistically the older age groups within Britain.

Although I’m certainly one to oppose Nationalism/Patriotism, I’m struggling to see the ‘Great’ in Great Britain anymore.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 09:28 - Nov 16 with 2668 viewsElderGrizzly

Add in loss of freedom of movement, it’s a disaster.

Plus it impacts on everyday travel now too

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 09:32 - Nov 16 with 2661 viewsStokieBlue

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 09:28 - Nov 16 by ElderGrizzly

I'm off on holiday at the start of April so I'm hoping sanity prevails and border checks and an open sky agreement are all in place.

If I lose my evenings at the vineyards I'm not going to be happy.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 09:34 - Nov 16 with 2654 viewsfooters

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 09:32 - Nov 16 by StokieBlue

I'm off on holiday at the start of April so I'm hoping sanity prevails and border checks and an open sky agreement are all in place.

If I lose my evenings at the vineyards I'm not going to be happy.

SB

"Brits already lined up for seasonal work in Europe post-Brexit"

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be (n/t) on 09:36 - Nov 16 with 2647 viewsIpswichKnight

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 09:28 - Nov 16 by ElderGrizzly

What I was trying to write was!

Simon Calder doesn't even read his own newspaper obviously

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/brexit-european-union-eu-pa

[Post edited 16 Nov 2018 9:37]
What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 10:08 - Nov 16 with 2614 viewsfactual_blue

We were bankrupted by two world wars. We'll never be 'Great' again. However, bear in mind that being 'Great' in the 18-19th centuries meant killing foreigners by the truckload, being prime movers in the slave trade, and selling drugs to an entire nation on a scale that would have had Pablo Escobar drooling.

At the same time the ordinary folk of 'Great' Britain spent much of their lives close to starvation, facing the likelihood of death or transportation for petty theft, whilst living in disease-ridden rural or urban squalor, doing increasingly dangerous work that left them dead or broken by disease by their 40s.

Welcome to the world jakob rank-snob wants to bring back.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 10:37 - Nov 16 with 2591 viewsfactual_blue

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 01:15 - Nov 16 by J2BLUE

It's fairly clear there is now a majority to stay in the EU. May keeps talking about the largest turnout ever. Why not add some clauses to the next vote? At least the same number of people must vote and remain must get at least 55% of the vote to overturn the last referendum. That way leave goes in with 'champion's advantage' but remain will almost certainly win with both of those stipulations met.

If we get the chance to reverse our votes, many of us will take it.

You must also apologise for being hoodwinked in the first place.

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 10:58 - Nov 16 with 2576 viewsgiant_stow

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 10:37 - Nov 16 by factual_blue

You must also apologise for being hoodwinked in the first place.

I've been wondering about some kind of mechanism to ban leave voters from ever voting again to stop them inflicting more damage down the line.

I guess we'd need them to own up and start a list, but they might just be persuadable...

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 11:01 - Nov 16 with 2570 viewsNo9

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 07:09 - Nov 16 by BloomBlue

But that hasnt happened in Norway. You need to get out more there are loads of Countries out there which aren't part of the EU and don't have insular problems. Actually one of the worst Countries in the world for that is Itally and they are part of the EU

You are a very long way off on both cases, you need to get out more
Login to get fewer ads

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 11:08 - Nov 16 with 2566 viewsPinewoodblue

The more red tape and barriers the more need for lawyers and other experts on international finance Things will settle down long before you leave Uni .

UK business will survive but they will already be looking for workarounds.

Take for example delays at borders . You can guarantee that the French will make life difficult but doubt if Belgium and Holland will as obstructive. Where there is a si there will always be a way

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 11:13 - Nov 16 with 2560 viewsfactual_blue

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 10:58 - Nov 16 by giant_stow

I've been wondering about some kind of mechanism to ban leave voters from ever voting again to stop them inflicting more damage down the line.

I guess we'd need them to own up and start a list, but they might just be persuadable...

That mechanism is, of course, a firing squad.

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 11:16 - Nov 16 with 2560 viewsGuthrum

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 10:08 - Nov 16 by factual_blue

We were bankrupted by two world wars. We'll never be 'Great' again. However, bear in mind that being 'Great' in the 18-19th centuries meant killing foreigners by the truckload, being prime movers in the slave trade, and selling drugs to an entire nation on a scale that would have had Pablo Escobar drooling.

At the same time the ordinary folk of 'Great' Britain spent much of their lives close to starvation, facing the likelihood of death or transportation for petty theft, whilst living in disease-ridden rural or urban squalor, doing increasingly dangerous work that left them dead or broken by disease by their 40s.

Welcome to the world jakob rank-snob wants to bring back.

The word "Great" in "Great Britain" refers not to quality, but instead to geographical extent, i.e. including Scotland after 1707.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2018 11:17]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 11:17 - Nov 16 with 2553 viewsNo9

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 11:08 - Nov 16 by Pinewoodblue

The more red tape and barriers the more need for lawyers and other experts on international finance Things will settle down long before you leave Uni .

UK business will survive but they will already be looking for workarounds.

Take for example delays at borders . You can guarantee that the French will make life difficult but doubt if Belgium and Holland will as obstructive. Where there is a si there will always be a way

They will stick by the 27 rules.

The NL needs Germany more than it needs the UK + both NL & Belgium are part of Benelux.

EU companies started to take on alternative supply routes after 2013

The French by having a UK border on their land have been more cooperative than most.

Everyone else is wrong except the brexiteers ?
What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 11:20 - Nov 16 with 2552 viewschicoazul

If I was you I would emigrate.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 11:28 - Nov 16 with 2538 viewsCoachRob

Possible academic route with MMT/MCTers trying to build new economic paradigm using double entry bookkeeping and aggregated and non-aggregated sectorial analysis.
What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 12:13 - Nov 16 with 2514 viewsBlueBadger

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 08:06 - Nov 16 by Herbivore

You genuinely don't know what you're talking about but yet seem to think you know better than people who do.

In a nutshell, this is how we ended up in the mess we're in.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 12:21 - Nov 16 with 2503 viewsBangor31

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 01:15 - Nov 16 by J2BLUE

It's fairly clear there is now a majority to stay in the EU. May keeps talking about the largest turnout ever. Why not add some clauses to the next vote? At least the same number of people must vote and remain must get at least 55% of the vote to overturn the last referendum. That way leave goes in with 'champion's advantage' but remain will almost certainly win with both of those stipulations met.

If we get the chance to reverse our votes, many of us will take it.

i think this would just cause more issues, what happens if 54.8% vote remain.

thats a solid proportion of the population who are told, good try but no.

the issue we have is that the brexit vote if take 100 times will be close every time, you will never get a countrywide result.

I think remainer's have quietly pushed all negative attribute to the EU under the rug and slated all the potential negative side affects of leaving.

flip side

Brexiteers seem to have forgotten all of the positive aspect of the EU and have brushed all the negative aspects of leaving under the rug.
What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 12:25 - Nov 16 with 2499 viewsBangor31

You genuinely don't know what you're talking about but yet seem to think you know better than people who do.

what was said which was so categorically incorrect?
What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 12:35 - Nov 16 with 2487 viewsHerbivore

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 12:25 - Nov 16 by Bangor31

what was said which was so categorically incorrect?

Well I especially liked the bit where he said that very well-qualified experts are just people who think they can predict the future, whilst confidently predicting that Brexit won't make any difference long term. He seemed to pluck that forecast from his arse. He is speculating from a position of ignorance whilst criticising the forecasts of those whose job it is to forecast what might happen based on expert acquired knowledge.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2018 12:42]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 12:40 - Nov 16 with 2477 viewsfactual_blue

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 11:16 - Nov 16 by Guthrum

The word "Great" in "Great Britain" refers not to quality, but instead to geographical extent, i.e. including Scotland after 1707.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2018 11:17]

Sadly, not enough people realise that.

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 12:47 - Nov 16 with 2466 viewsCurrie10

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 09:17 - Nov 16 by StokieBlue

What does any of that mean?

1.1 what?

Which union?

SB

Leave won referendum one, so if remain won a revote, it would be 1-1.

EU = european union. So this union.

Wake up
[Post edited 16 Nov 2018 12:53]
What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 13:10 - Nov 16 with 2431 viewsBangor31

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 12:35 - Nov 16 by Herbivore

Well I especially liked the bit where he said that very well-qualified experts are just people who think they can predict the future, whilst confidently predicting that Brexit won't make any difference long term. He seemed to pluck that forecast from his arse. He is speculating from a position of ignorance whilst criticising the forecasts of those whose job it is to forecast what might happen based on expert acquired knowledge.

i don't recall any mention of experts getting it wrong.

there are a significant number of economists who believe that in the medium term there is likely to be little change in UK output compare to if we stayed.

I believe what was being pointed out was that there is a lot of scaremongering based on little fact or even economic literature.

p.s. you could make the same point regarding leave's utopia
[Post edited 16 Nov 2018 13:13]
What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 15:58 - Nov 16 with 2387 viewsjimmyvet

You genuinely have no idea about running a business successfully dealing with business across the globe and clearly that's why you hold the views you do!
What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 16:04 - Nov 16 with 2381 viewsjimmyvet

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 12:35 - Nov 16 by Herbivore

Yes them same forecasters and economists who predicted recession and an emergency budget needed plus rampart unemployment straight after the vote to leave. I have the pleasure of economists and analysts daily with their views and predictions and I can count on 1 hand the amount who get things correct a month or two later ...I have no idea of your success in business or life but i suspect from your posts it is very limited and you are still in the learning phase with much to learn!
[Post edited 16 Nov 2018 16:07]
What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 16:19 - Nov 16 with 2364 viewsHerbivore

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 16:04 - Nov 16 by jimmyvet

Yes them same forecasters and economists who predicted recession and an emergency budget needed plus rampart unemployment straight after the vote to leave. I have the pleasure of economists and analysts daily with their views and predictions and I can count on 1 hand the amount who get things correct a month or two later ...I have no idea of your success in business or life but i suspect from your posts it is very limited and you are still in the learning phase with much to learn!
[Post edited 16 Nov 2018 16:07]

If you're going to condescend to me then at least have the decency to do it in half-decent English, mate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 16:39 - Nov 16 with 2344 viewsjimmyvet

What a f*cking disaster Brexit is looking to be on 16:19 - Nov 16 by Herbivore

If you're going to condescend to me then at least have the decency to do it in half-decent English, mate.

Sorry mate!

I actually want us to remain and have no time for the hard right brexiteers the point I am trying to make is whilst it will be more difficult we will adapt as a country and all be OK if by some disaster we left with no deal.

Apologies if appeared condescending not intended....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024