Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone on here actually familiar with 'the deal' 14:53 - Nov 16 with 962 viewsGeoffSentence

What's in it?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone on here actually familiar with 'the deal' on 14:55 - Nov 16 with 955 viewsJ2BLUE

It's the twenty first century Treaty of Versailles

*quietly leaves*

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone on here actually familiar with 'the deal' on 14:59 - Nov 16 with 949 viewsbluelagos

I read it this morning as it happens.

The answer is sfa. The 585 pages are the exit terms. There are just half a dozen pages (The bit I read) that basically say both sides intend to negotiate a deal across most sectors, security, travel etc.

So it's (imho) a "Blind brexit" that could become a single market or a canada - we simply don't know.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/progress-on-the-uks-exit-from-and-fut
[Post edited 16 Nov 2018 15:02]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anyone on here actually familiar with 'the deal' on 15:01 - Nov 16 with 937 viewsStokieBlue

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Anyone on here actually familiar with 'the deal' on 15:02 - Nov 16 with 929 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone on here actually familiar with 'the deal' on 14:59 - Nov 16 by bluelagos

I read it this morning as it happens.

The answer is sfa. The 585 pages are the exit terms. There are just half a dozen pages (The bit I read) that basically say both sides intend to negotiate a deal across most sectors, security, travel etc.

So it's (imho) a "Blind brexit" that could become a single market or a canada - we simply don't know.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/progress-on-the-uks-exit-from-and-fut
[Post edited 16 Nov 2018 15:02]

So, is it that we will be in a customs union until we have agreed a proper deal?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone on here actually familiar with 'the deal' on 15:05 - Nov 16 with 922 viewsbluelagos

Anyone on here actually familiar with 'the deal' on 15:02 - Nov 16 by GeoffSentence

So, is it that we will be in a customs union until we have agreed a proper deal?

fiik. That's in the first 585 pages somewhere!

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anyone on here actually familiar with 'the deal' on 15:51 - Nov 16 with 882 viewsVintage65

Anyone on here actually familiar with 'the deal' on 15:05 - Nov 16 by bluelagos

fiik. That's in the first 585 pages somewhere!

There appear to be a number of unpalatable elements to the proposed deal.

My understanding is that we still negotiate over the Ireland hard border, but until this issue is resolved, the EU must give us permission to leave, we cannot just decide to leave ourselves as a Country to leave the EU. Unless there is a crisis apparently, and all hell breaks loose in Ireland.

Strangely we would also agree to pay to belong to a scheme to access EU security data, for things like terrorism suspects etc. Strange as apparently our security services pride themselves on being the best in Europe, and we provide most of this security data to the EU in the first place, so we would more or less paying for the information we have already provided the EU!

Finally we will not regain our fishing rights in UK waters, which will still be shared with EU Member States, and we will still be members of the EU agricultural policy - my understanding is that we would still have to contribute money, until we finally leave (only leaving with the EU's permission).

I think there are plans for an EU Committee to be set up, consisting of UK and EU officials, to agree how much the UK should be charged each year by the EU in this interim period.

I know there is obviously a lot more, but these are just the points I have picked up on so far.
Anyone on here actually familiar with 'the deal' on 15:57 - Nov 16 with 863 viewsJakeITFC

Well we’ve taken back control, whilst being strong and stable and respecting the will of the people.

Yet to see it confirmed whether this Brexit is red, white and blue though.
Anyone on here actually familiar with 'the deal' on 16:10 - Nov 16 with 836 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone on here actually familiar with 'the deal' on 15:57 - Nov 16 by JakeITFC

Well we’ve taken back control, whilst being strong and stable and respecting the will of the people.

Yet to see it confirmed whether this Brexit is red, white and blue though.

Brexit is Brexit ..... simples

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024