Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PL on Radio Suffolk 08:13 - Nov 20 with 5441 viewsBluePG

The guy just sounds a decent bloke. Clearly knows his onions. Assured and personable.

Poll: Best Dane?

PL on Radio Suffolk on 08:25 - Nov 20 with 5048 viewshoppy

Was thinking just that!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

PL on Radio Suffolk on 08:45 - Nov 20 with 5007 viewsKieran_Knows

I really worry about relegation, and then I hear PL talk and he makes me think we'll stay clear with ease.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

PL on Radio Suffolk on 09:18 - Nov 20 with 4899 viewshoppy

PL on Radio Suffolk on 08:45 - Nov 20 by Kieran_Knows

I really worry about relegation, and then I hear PL talk and he makes me think we'll stay clear with ease.

I can honestly say I’ve not even entertained the thought of relegation at all. Even under Hurst I thought somehow we would scrape clear by even a point. Since Lambert came in, I’m convinced we’ll be well clear of it, comfortably.

PL on Radio Suffolk on 09:49 - Nov 20 with 4824 viewsBlueBadger

PL on Radio Suffolk on 09:18 - Nov 20 by hoppy

I can honestly say I’ve not even entertained the thought of relegation at all. Even under Hurst I thought somehow we would scrape clear by even a point. Since Lambert came in, I’m convinced we’ll be well clear of it, comfortably.

I think we are, yet again, nailed on for 15th place. If we can put a bit of a run together, increased confidence will stand us in good stead when the transfer window opens and can actually sign someone capable of scoring goals.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

PL on Radio Suffolk on 10:17 - Nov 20 with 4768 viewshadleighboyblue

He has brought with him a positive , professional approach that we have been lacking for some time .
His managerial team too sound focused and bringing a feel good atmosphere for players and fans can only be good for the future .
You get the feeling this is the start of a recovery for the club , it might take time , but it will happen .
Welcome PL …………….I just wish people and the media in particular would stop going on about Norwich , PL is a BLUE now !
PL on Radio Suffolk on 10:22 - Nov 20 with 4736 viewsGuthrum

PL on Radio Suffolk on 10:17 - Nov 20 by hadleighboyblue

He has brought with him a positive , professional approach that we have been lacking for some time .
His managerial team too sound focused and bringing a feel good atmosphere for players and fans can only be good for the future .
You get the feeling this is the start of a recovery for the club , it might take time , but it will happen .
Welcome PL …………….I just wish people and the media in particular would stop going on about Norwich , PL is a BLUE now !

It's really only the media who mention it any more. The crowd sang "Paul Lambert is a Blue" for most of the game at Reading.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

PL on Radio Suffolk on 10:28 - Nov 20 with 4707 viewschicoazul

PL on Radio Suffolk on 09:18 - Nov 20 by hoppy

We're going down. It could be Pep in charge. We simply do not have players of the quality needed to pick up a few wins before the January window by which time we will be so adrift that nobody good will want to sign for us. No way will Lambert stay when we do go down. We are dead.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

PL on Radio Suffolk on 10:35 - Nov 20 with 4685 viewsPositivelyPortman

PL on Radio Suffolk on 10:28 - Nov 20 by chicoazul

We're going down. It could be Pep in charge. We simply do not have players of the quality needed to pick up a few wins before the January window by which time we will be so adrift that nobody good will want to sign for us. No way will Lambert stay when we do go down. We are dead.

Bookmark this ‘fan’ and his statement, and remind him of it next spring.
He’ll wriggle out of it somehow.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Login to get fewer ads

PL on Radio Suffolk on 10:57 - Nov 20 with 4613 viewssolemio

PL on Radio Suffolk on 10:35 - Nov 20 by PositivelyPortman

I think you missed out the words 'try to' in your second sentence.
PL on Radio Suffolk on 11:41 - Nov 20 with 4568 viewsGuthrum

If we can average one point per game (which we have been doing since Lambert arrived) or better, we will be well in touch at the beginning of January.

Then we can fill the gaps in the squad and have nearly half the season to accelerate clear of the drop.

Did you see our team at Reading? Two weeks of proper organisation and they were all over the opposition for a large part of the game. Really don't think our squad is that poor, certainly not the front rank players.

In any case, Lambert is probably a better fit than Guardiola for the current Town job, the latter having no experience in struggling, under-resourced lower-division football.

PL on Radio Suffolk on 12:01 - Nov 20 with 4544 viewschicoazul

Oh wait I remember, you're the lunch who laid into anyone who expressed doubts about Hurst. Tempted to think you formerly are a well known poster on here too.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

PL on Radio Suffolk on 12:16 - Nov 20 with 4526 viewschicoazul

PL on Radio Suffolk on 11:41 - Nov 20 by Guthrum

If we can average one point per game (which we have been doing since Lambert arrived) or better, we will be well in touch at the beginning of January.

Then we can fill the gaps in the squad and have nearly half the season to accelerate clear of the drop.

Did you see our team at Reading? Two weeks of proper organisation and they were all over the opposition for a large part of the game. Really don't think our squad is that poor, certainly not the front rank players.

In any case, Lambert is probably a better fit than Guardiola for the current Town job, the latter having no experience in struggling, under-resourced lower-division football.

Yes I know that about Pep Guthers it was just a little exaggeration to make a point,
I have no hope at all that Mini Roy's players can get us out of the situation they have got us in. Lambert is excellent but I feel the gap is too big and that we won't pick up the points you mention over the next 8 games, games that include Boro Forest Sheff U WBA and QPR.

PL on Radio Suffolk on 12:16 - Nov 20 with 4523 viewsTractorWood

It's a bit dramatic but it's not unreasonable to suggest a team 5 points clear at the bottom might go down. I like Lambert as much as the next guy but wins are what's going to keep us up.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2018 12:18]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

PL on Radio Suffolk on 12:41 - Nov 20 with 4484 viewsGuthrum

PL on Radio Suffolk on 12:16 - Nov 20 by chicoazul

Yes I know that about Pep Guthers it was just a little exaggeration to make a point,
I have no hope at all that Mini Roy's players can get us out of the situation they have got us in. Lambert is excellent but I feel the gap is too big and that we won't pick up the points you mention over the next 8 games, games that include Boro Forest Sheff U WBA and QPR.

But they also include Bristol at home. West Brom aren't that strong on the road. We could get something from Stoke and QPR. That's six to eight points there. Forest aren't particularly high scoring at home (only three games out of nine have they scored more than once).

It also gets one of the games we're more likely to lose, the return fixture against Boro, out of the way.

PL on Radio Suffolk on 12:46 - Nov 20 with 4464 viewschicoazul

PL on Radio Suffolk on 12:41 - Nov 20 by Guthrum

But they also include Bristol at home. West Brom aren't that strong on the road. We could get something from Stoke and QPR. That's six to eight points there. Forest aren't particularly high scoring at home (only three games out of nine have they scored more than once).

It also gets one of the games we're more likely to lose, the return fixture against Boro, out of the way.

I hope you're right!

That's demonstrably nonsense though Chickers on 12:58 - Nov 20 with 4446 viewsDyland

We would have beaten both Preston and Reading but for a calamitously organised wall (fixable), and soft errors by players who are usually pretty solid. We do have a squad capable of picking up some wins and as others have remarked it's silly to suggest we're nailed on for relegation. I've changed tack since the Reading game, listening to what's going on, and talking to people who generally know their stuff.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

That's demonstrably nonsense though Chickers on 13:02 - Nov 20 with 4439 viewschicoazul

That's demonstrably nonsense though Chickers on 12:58 - Nov 20 by Dyland

We would have beaten both Preston and Reading but for a calamitously organised wall (fixable), and soft errors by players who are usually pretty solid. We do have a squad capable of picking up some wins and as others have remarked it's silly to suggest we're nailed on for relegation. I've changed tack since the Reading game, listening to what's going on, and talking to people who generally know their stuff.

COYFB

Hope you're right luv but I just don't see it. We cannot keep a clean sheet for one thing.

That's the crux on 13:09 - Nov 20 with 4414 viewsDyland

That's demonstrably nonsense though Chickers on 13:02 - Nov 20 by chicoazul

Hope you're right luv but I just don't see it. We cannot keep a clean sheet for one thing.

That's fixable with the current players at Lambert's disposal.

Likewise, there's the small matter of "hope" mixed in here.

But to quote the late great Roger Bond...

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/c43bebb2-94f5-459b-9ac2-560e647af257#HyWNIPFW0X.cop

That's the crux on 13:24 - Nov 20 with 4381 viewschicoazul

That's the crux on 13:09 - Nov 20 by Dyland

That's fixable with the current players at Lambert's disposal.

Likewise, there's the small matter of "hope" mixed in here.

But to quote the late great Roger Bond...

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/c43bebb2-94f5-459b-9ac2-560e647af257#HyWNIPFW0X.cop

A defence consisting of Donacien and Toto is not going to keep clean sheets and we are one injury or suspension away from that. To say nothing of the fact the current defence can't do it either, although I appreciate it's only 2 games.

I googled Roger Bond and got some 007-themed pron links so thanks for that.

PL on Radio Suffolk on 13:36 - Nov 20 with 4363 viewsVic

Agreed - but some of his comments - wow!

“In an ideal world you get to each transfer window and you bring a couple in rather than seven or eight, that’s far too many.” How's that for a slap down of Hurst!

And given that one of Hurst's comments when he came was that the squad was unbalanced how about - “I think we’re unbalanced in a lot of areas if you look at it, that’s my own opinion, that’s no slight on anybody else’s, I think we’re a little bit unbalanced in certain areas, we’re top heavy in some areas and we’re very, very light in other areas." (Doesn't say a lot about Hurst's recruitment does it!!)

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Debby fooking Downer on 13:56 - Nov 20 with 4326 viewsDyland

That's the crux on 13:24 - Nov 20 by chicoazul

A defence consisting of Donacien and Toto is not going to keep clean sheets and we are one injury or suspension away from that. To say nothing of the fact the current defence can't do it either, although I appreciate it's only 2 games.

Cheer up you miserable sod. We have a chance of NOT being relegated. Get with the programme you sausage.

Debby fooking Downer on 14:03 - Nov 20 with 4309 viewschicoazul

Debby fooking Downer on 13:56 - Nov 20 by Dyland

Cheer up you miserable sod. We have a chance of NOT being relegated. Get with the programme you sausage.

I know I know, and I will try. But Evans has kicked the sht out of me over the years and I am filled with doom.

PL on Radio Suffolk on 14:06 - Nov 20 with 4304 viewsGuthrum

PL on Radio Suffolk on 13:36 - Nov 20 by Vic

Agreed - but some of his comments - wow!

“In an ideal world you get to each transfer window and you bring a couple in rather than seven or eight, that’s far too many.” How's that for a slap down of Hurst!

And given that one of Hurst's comments when he came was that the squad was unbalanced how about - “I think we’re unbalanced in a lot of areas if you look at it, that’s my own opinion, that’s no slight on anybody else’s, I think we’re a little bit unbalanced in certain areas, we’re top heavy in some areas and we’re very, very light in other areas." (Doesn't say a lot about Hurst's recruitment does it!!)

However, note: He doesn't say "The players are rubbish", but 'The squad is unbalanced'. Quite a different emphasis. Wrong positions filled (or not), rather than the personnel individually not good enough.

on 14:27 - Nov 20 with 4266 views_

That's the crux on 13:24 - Nov 20 by chicoazul

Debby fooking Downer on 14:30 - Nov 20 with 4256 viewshoppy

Debby fooking Downer on 14:03 - Nov 20 by chicoazul

I know I know, and I will try. But Evans has kicked the sht out of me over the years and I am filled with doom.

Must admit, hadn't got that impression from your recent postings... you always seem so happy and bouyant...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024