Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whilst on the subject of parking 12:15 - Nov 21 with 1914 viewsLord_Lucan

When do you think large supermarkets will realise they have completely over allocated disabled spaces?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Whilst on the subject of parking on 12:32 - Nov 21 with 1861 viewsSwansea_Blue

They need to run a campaign to kneecap shoppers. Things'd be fine then.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Whilst on the subject of parking on 12:33 - Nov 21 with 1858 viewsFreddy

Agree far too many empty ones
Whilst on the subject of parking on 12:45 - Nov 21 with 1821 viewssoupytwist

Use of disabled parking spaces varies according to time of day I think. Due to a change in circumstances I am now doing the weekly shop on a Monday during the day at the Braintree branch of Lidl (the glamour!). The four disabled spaces are often all taken, and with what look to be genuine blue badges.
Whilst on the subject of parking on 12:46 - Nov 21 with 1815 viewsReuser_is_God

The new one on Crown St also has this issue.

Also has far too many electric car charging points.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Whilst on the subject of parking on 13:03 - Nov 21 with 1766 viewsLord_Lucan

Whilst on the subject of parking on 12:45 - Nov 21 by soupytwist

Use of disabled parking spaces varies according to time of day I think. Due to a change in circumstances I am now doing the weekly shop on a Monday during the day at the Braintree branch of Lidl (the glamour!). The four disabled spaces are often all taken, and with what look to be genuine blue badges.

Four disabled parking spaces even if usually empty isn't a lot to allocate and perfectly acceptable, I'm talking about the likes of Sainsburys who seem to allocate about 100 spaces out of a 500 space car park.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Whilst on the subject of parking on 13:04 - Nov 21 with 1762 viewsCoastalblue

and start to appreciate not everybody drives a Mini Metro or has a car that size.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Whilst on the subject of parking on 13:20 - Nov 21 with 1726 viewsfactual_blue

And child & parent spaces should be the one furthest away from the supermarket, to help combat childhood obesity.

And then children should be put in a holding pen outside the store, so they don't run around screaming.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Whilst on the subject of parking on 13:58 - Nov 21 with 1667 viewsLord_Lucan

Whilst on the subject of parking on 13:20 - Nov 21 by factual_blue

And child & parent spaces should be the one furthest away from the supermarket, to help combat childhood obesity.

And then children should be put in a holding pen outside the store, so they don't run around screaming.

I agree in a way about moving the spaces further away but only for parents on benefit.

Also, cars allowed in parent and child spaces should have pink foam bumpers, I realise this is a bit sexist as not every parent will be a women.

Login to get fewer ads

Whilst on the subject of parking on 14:10 - Nov 21 with 1636 viewsjjblue84

Always remember to limp to the shop after parking there!
Whilst on the subject of parking on 14:11 - Nov 21 with 1632 viewsNo9

Maybe it's due to the fact people who have walking difficulties can't get a 'disabled' pass from the authorities?
Whilst on the subject of parking on 14:15 - Nov 21 with 1610 viewsitfcjoe

You notice it even more when you are looking for a parent and child space and have to drive past 30 empty disabled spaces looking for one. I now just park in the furthest away disabled space if no parent and child available and snarl at those parking in parent and child illegally whilst I struggle with 2 little ones!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Whilst on the subject of parking on 14:49 - Nov 21 with 1544 viewsDeano69

and miscalculated the size of a 'normal' car when marking out spaces.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Whilst on the subject of parking on 14:55 - Nov 21 with 1526 viewsSpruceMoose

Whilst on the subject of parking on 14:15 - Nov 21 by itfcjoe

You notice it even more when you are looking for a parent and child space and have to drive past 30 empty disabled spaces looking for one. I now just park in the furthest away disabled space if no parent and child available and snarl at those parking in parent and child illegally whilst I struggle with 2 little ones!

Please, for the sake of humanity, children have no business being in public.

Callis said so.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Whilst on the subject of parking on 15:18 - Nov 21 with 1497 viewsITFC_Forever

The 20 minute waiting zone at Ipswich station is the worst for this.

There are more disabled spaces than regular spaces FFS.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Whilst on the subject of parking on 15:27 - Nov 21 with 1481 viewsDeano69

Sainsbury at Warren Heath, the possibly the worst laid out and planned car park I have ever been to. We stopped shopping there because of it

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024