Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Lamberts easy ride 09:31 - Nov 26 with 5889 viewsMonkey

The man is a PR master. Getting the old players in gets them onside, praising the fans, not talking about Norwich at all, showing clips of training on social media. It's made everyone buy in to him and what he wants to do and i want him to have huge success and keep us up.

But... 2 points from 3 games. Where the "new manager bounce" people talk of? Yes performances have improved but we're still not creating chances so we're better, but still a long long way off.

Ask yourselves also, if the old irishman we had in charge had played a midfield 3 of Downes, Chalobah and Skuse for three games in a row would you be singing his praises or would you be saying he is too defensive and not putting any creativity in to midfield? I think we know the answer most people would give.

PR genius.

Poll: Which division do you honestly think Ipswich will be in next season?

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 09:33 - Nov 26 with 4671 viewsjjblue84

Someone else has noticed at last!!
Paul Lamberts easy ride on 09:33 - Nov 26 with 4681 viewsSteve_M

It's almost as if an enormous amount of damage had been done by Hurst and everyone understands the size of the job Lambert has to do.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 09:36 - Nov 26 with 4641 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

What would your alternative midfield 3 be for the do fight/battle we are in?

What do you want Lambert to do, he has had no transfer window, ultimately been put with a L1 team trying to stay in the championship and so far he has done a remarkable job in 3 different games.

Jesus Christ get a grip.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 09:37 - Nov 26 with 4636 viewscatch74

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 09:33 - Nov 26 by Steve_M

It's almost as if an enormous amount of damage had been done by Hurst and everyone understands the size of the job Lambert has to do.

Someone else has noticed at last!

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 09:37 - Nov 26 with 4633 viewsBlueastheycome

Your’s is the worst post of the year.

The man has walked into a club on its bum in morale and quality.

He isn’t a miracle worker (although we are all hoping he can be)
[Post edited 26 Nov 2018 9:38]
Paul Lamberts easy ride on 09:38 - Nov 26 with 4617 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I would say despite not winning, the 'new manager bounce' is in swing. We would've been trounced on Friday, and lost the other two also if he wasn't here. The amount he has helped us to recover in the short space of time is remarkable.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 09:41 - Nov 26 with 4603 viewsNo9

Not just Hurst was it? Take a long hard look at MM's home record and you will see the root cause of the problems at ITFC.
Paul Lamberts easy ride on 09:41 - Nov 26 with 4601 viewsstewartm

PL has only lost one of three games in charge (against a strong WBA team), not bad considering what he has inherited. No doubt Ipswich look a lot better and PL needs to add to his squad to have a chance of surviving the drop.

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 09:53 - Nov 26 with 4534 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 09:41 - Nov 26 by stewartm

PL has only lost one of three games in charge (against a strong WBA team), not bad considering what he has inherited. No doubt Ipswich look a lot better and PL needs to add to his squad to have a chance of surviving the drop.

And until we played WBA we hadn't been behind in a match.

WBA finished the match with 4 England internationals on the pitch.

I love the way the OP has made such a judgement after 3 matches, and has ignored the obvious improvements.

It's this kind of judgement that piles on too much pressure too early and kills clubs.

Very poor OP.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 09:59 - Nov 26 with 4500 viewsTractorWood

I think it's fair to say he's been more impressive off the pitch than on it. However, the situation he's come into is absolute dross. Agree on the midfield 3 though, you'll not see a less effective midfield in this league.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 10:01 - Nov 26 with 4482 viewsstewartm

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 09:59 - Nov 26 by TractorWood

I think it's fair to say he's been more impressive off the pitch than on it. However, the situation he's come into is absolute dross. Agree on the midfield 3 though, you'll not see a less effective midfield in this league.

I have never rated Skuse, he has never dominated midfield or put in a dominant performance when ever I have watched him play (perhaps I am unlucky). I think the 'less effective' midfield is down to player quality rather than the managers fault, spending all that money on Nolan did not improve things in the middle neither...
[Post edited 26 Nov 2018 10:03]

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 10:07 - Nov 26 with 4440 viewsTractorWood

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 10:01 - Nov 26 by stewartm

I have never rated Skuse, he has never dominated midfield or put in a dominant performance when ever I have watched him play (perhaps I am unlucky). I think the 'less effective' midfield is down to player quality rather than the managers fault, spending all that money on Nolan did not improve things in the middle neither...

Skuse, Downes and Chalobah are all broadly fine individually but playing all three really looks ridiculous when we face a decent side with real quality and balance in midfield.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 10:08 - Nov 26 with 4435 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 10:01 - Nov 26 by stewartm

I think once Nolan is fit again he will do well under Lambert. There is a player there, and i think he will get the best out of him.

Skuse is certainly a player that divides opinion however i think he does his job really well and he would be the second name on the team sheet after Chambers for me. The way he covers so much ground and breaks up attacks is so important.

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 10:10 - Nov 26 with 4419 viewsHalf_Idiot

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 09:59 - Nov 26 by TractorWood

Of those fit, who would you play in midfield?
Paul Lamberts easy ride on 10:18 - Nov 26 with 4389 viewsm14_blue

Getting everyone pulling in the right direction isn’t some sort of confidence trick, it’s really important if we’re to have any chance of staying up.

After years of acrimony and division we now have someone actively trying to unite the club and you’re criticising him for it, bizarre.

Obviously he needs to pick up results too but that is more likely with a positive atmosphere around.

You’re being a bit of an idiot about it all.
Paul Lamberts easy ride on 10:20 - Nov 26 with 4374 viewsNo9

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 10:07 - Nov 26 by TractorWood

Skuse, Downes and Chalobah are all broadly fine individually but playing all three really looks ridiculous when we face a decent side with real quality and balance in midfield.

The most serious thing about the team is that the midfield has been a problem for several seasons.
MM never did anything about it, that is one of the reasons his home record was so poor.
I hope PL gets to grips with this soon.
Paul Lamberts easy ride on 10:26 - Nov 26 with 4359 viewsstewartm

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 10:20 - Nov 26 by No9

The most serious thing about the team is that the midfield has been a problem for several seasons.
MM never did anything about it, that is one of the reasons his home record was so poor.
I hope PL gets to grips with this soon.

He signed Douglas to sort it out.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2018 10:26]

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 10:51 - Nov 26 with 4273 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 10:26 - Nov 26 by stewartm

He signed Douglas to sort it out.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2018 10:26]

Which at the time looked a good signing, just scored loads of goals for Brentford and a free transfer.

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 11:10 - Nov 26 with 4197 viewshorsehollerer

I know stats don't tell the whole story but ours have been pretty decent in PL's 3 games. I especially like the game-on-game improvement in our passing:

PRESTON (H): 343 passes with 58% accuracy
Reading (a): 398 passes with 66% accuracy
WBA (H): 416 passes with 70% accuracy

Also, across those 3 games, we have out-performed the opposition in...
Goal attempts: 35-33
Tackles: 54-36
Corners: 22-15
Crosses: 76-46
Possession (avg): 52%-48%

We are getting better, and we just need to be more clinical. A win will surely breed the confidence we need to push on from here. Keep the faith.

COYB.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 11:24 - Nov 26 with 4109 viewsSitfcB

Whilst I agree more with this the OP is right in a way. PL doing more off the pitch to cover up what’s happening on the pitch. The win(s) will come I’m sure. Starting Wednesday.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 11:25 - Nov 26 with 4102 viewsRadlett_blue

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 11:10 - Nov 26 by horsehollerer

I know stats don't tell the whole story but ours have been pretty decent in PL's 3 games. I especially like the game-on-game improvement in our passing:

PRESTON (H): 343 passes with 58% accuracy
Reading (a): 398 passes with 66% accuracy
WBA (H): 416 passes with 70% accuracy

Also, across those 3 games, we have out-performed the opposition in...
Goal attempts: 35-33
Tackles: 54-36
Corners: 22-15
Crosses: 76-46
Possession (avg): 52%-48%

We are getting better, and we just need to be more clinical. A win will surely breed the confidence we need to push on from here. Keep the faith.

COYB.

Yes, we are playing better under Lambert, but unless we pick up a few wins soon it's going to be a near impossible task. He may bring in some new faces in January but the new players will need to be integrated.
A win on Wednesday is hugely important, with 4 of our 6 December games being away from home.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 11:27 - Nov 26 with 4102 viewsGuthrum

1. I don't think Skuse, Downes and Chalobah is a particularly defensive midfield. Especially given how much attacking stuff we do down the flanks.

2. The "new manager bounce" does not guarantee wins, it is merely the name given to better performances from a reorganised and motivated team. Draws are an improvement on the previous three losses on the trot. McCarthy's team was on the wrong end of hammerings in two of his first four games, as he worked to get things turned around. Takes time, especially when the squad is not as well balanced as we would like.

3. As others have said, getting the fans onside is an important weapon in Lambert's armoury for the battle to avoid relegation. Gives a fighting chance of riding the inevitable defeats without a collapse in morale. Provides maximum support for the team on the pitch. The last thing we want to be doing is pouring cold water on that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 11:31 - Nov 26 with 4072 viewshorsehollerer

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 11:25 - Nov 26 by Radlett_blue

Yes, we are playing better under Lambert, but unless we pick up a few wins soon it's going to be a near impossible task. He may bring in some new faces in January but the new players will need to be integrated.
A win on Wednesday is hugely important, with 4 of our 6 December games being away from home.

100%. We really need 7 pts from the next 3 home games (Bristol C, Wigan, Sheff Utd) and hopefully a bonus point from either of the two aways (Forest, Stoke). Not an unreasonable expectation and one that would set us up "beautifully" for January.

Wednesday is indeed massive!

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 11:45 - Nov 26 with 4019 viewsKieran_Knows

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 10:07 - Nov 26 by TractorWood

I imagine PL has gone with those 3 are they are probably the 3 most 'solid' midfielders we have at this moment in time.

I'd personally go for Dozzell over Downes or Chalobah, just to add a bit of quality in the final 3rd, but can also see why PL probably doesn't want to go down that route.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 11:46 - Nov 26 with 4007 viewsReuser_is_God

Paul Lamberts easy ride on 11:27 - Nov 26 by Guthrum

1. I don't think Skuse, Downes and Chalobah is a particularly defensive midfield. Especially given how much attacking stuff we do down the flanks.

2. The "new manager bounce" does not guarantee wins, it is merely the name given to better performances from a reorganised and motivated team. Draws are an improvement on the previous three losses on the trot. McCarthy's team was on the wrong end of hammerings in two of his first four games, as he worked to get things turned around. Takes time, especially when the squad is not as well balanced as we would like.

3. As others have said, getting the fans onside is an important weapon in Lambert's armoury for the battle to avoid relegation. Gives a fighting chance of riding the inevitable defeats without a collapse in morale. Provides maximum support for the team on the pitch. The last thing we want to be doing is pouring cold water on that.

Spot on Guthers.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024