Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It amazes me some people think we arent going down 09:37 - Nov 29 with 1472 viewsMonkey

Some people truly have their heads in the sand.

Two games ago we we're 5 points adrift from safety. No one in the history of the Championship has ever stayed up in that position. We are now 6 points from safety with 2 games less to play (7 points effectively due to the wort goal difference in the league).

Lambert has improved things no end but bottom line is he isn't bringing in points. Those saying "wait until January" we will effectively be down by then anyway as too far adrift.

I heard in the north stand on Friday "theres three worse teams than us"... not based on this seasons performances or results.

Im not saying this to get people down or have a go at anyone i just feel people need to be realistic here. We should always stay behind the players as no one wants to get relegated but people need to be realistic about our situation.

Poll: Which division do you honestly think Ipswich will be in next season?

It amazes me some people think we arent going down on 09:41 - Nov 29 with 1446 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Get a grip man.

I think we all accept that we are red hot faves to go down, but there is no harm in hoping we dont.

'Accepting' we are down doesn't help the players on a match day.

If people want to believe we can stay up... let them believe, what harm can it do? It might even help.

It's really not a problem.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

It amazes me some people think we arent going down on 09:42 - Nov 29 with 1437 viewsMaySixth

I knew we were down a while back and I'm ok with it

Lots of new grounds

Hardcore fans will remain

Ipswich will be going strong well after I've left this planet

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

It amazes me some people think we arent going down on 09:42 - Nov 29 with 1438 viewsGooders7592

I don't blame Lambert in the slightest, Hurst has put together a dreadful squad and ripped out any good harmony within the club.

I can't see us winning 2/3 games more than the other teams down there with us.
It amazes me some people think we arent going down on 09:43 - Nov 29 with 1435 viewsSuperfrans

Nobody thinks that it isn't a high likelihood any more. But we're all trying to look on the positive side.

I'm the most positive ITFC fan you'd find. But I think we've now made it too difficult for ourselves. We really need around 50 points or thereabouts to stay up. Last night was the big chance to get 3 points at home, against a team in terrible form, and we lost. Drawing would be bad enough, losing was potentially calamitous.

No, of course, nobody was ever relegated in November. And we have to keep fighting on.

But sometimes you have to look at the likelihood. We'll have to pull something extraordinary out of the bag to stay up now.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

It amazes me some people think we arent going down on 09:45 - Nov 29 with 1414 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It amazes me some people think we arent going down on 09:43 - Nov 29 by Superfrans

Nobody thinks that it isn't a high likelihood any more. But we're all trying to look on the positive side.

I'm the most positive ITFC fan you'd find. But I think we've now made it too difficult for ourselves. We really need around 50 points or thereabouts to stay up. Last night was the big chance to get 3 points at home, against a team in terrible form, and we lost. Drawing would be bad enough, losing was potentially calamitous.

No, of course, nobody was ever relegated in November. And we have to keep fighting on.

But sometimes you have to look at the likelihood. We'll have to pull something extraordinary out of the bag to stay up now.

I don't understand posts like the OP, trying to hammer any slight remaining hope out of people.

Bit odd really.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

It amazes me some people think we arent going down on 09:51 - Nov 29 with 1385 viewsGuthrum

What good does it do to anyone accepting disaster long before it has become a certainty? All you are doing is undermining morale and encouraging lack of fight at a time when it is far from impossible to make it to safety.

Why?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

It amazes me some people think we arent going down on 09:52 - Nov 29 with 1370 viewsGuthrum

It amazes me some people think we arent going down on 09:45 - Nov 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

I don't understand posts like the OP, trying to hammer any slight remaining hope out of people.

Bit odd really.

Agreed.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What a contradictory post (n/t) on 09:53 - Nov 29 with 1368 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

It amazes me some people think we arent going down on 09:53 - Nov 29 with 1366 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It amazes me some people think we arent going down on 09:51 - Nov 29 by Guthrum

What good does it do to anyone accepting disaster long before it has become a certainty? All you are doing is undermining morale and encouraging lack of fight at a time when it is far from impossible to make it to safety.

Why?

He's even down voting replies that suggest hope is a good thing. Lol.

It amazes me some people think we arent going down on 09:55 - Nov 29 with 1348 viewscaught-in-limbo

I'll put my hand up and say I think we'll avoid relegation.

I say that from a position of total ignorance: I've not seen us play this year, neither live nor on TV.

From what I can gather from match reports and from being in the chatroom during matches is that many of our players' confidence is shot to bits and are prone to match changing mistakes, week after week. It's Christophe Berra all over again but all over the field.

They might not be great footballers but football at this level is not rocket science. We just have to be less abysmal than 3 other clubs. We can do that, but because so much of it is psychological, we won't survive if we believe we're doomed.

Feel free to bookmark this thread and rub my nose in it in March or April when survival is mathematically impossible.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

It amazes me some people think we arent going down on 09:56 - Nov 29 with 1336 viewsBrixtonBlue

Why do people need to be realistic?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

It amazes me some people think we arent going down on 09:56 - Nov 29 with 1328 viewsSuperfrans

It amazes me some people think we arent going down on 09:45 - Nov 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Bit odd really.

I think it's just generally so miserable. And, I have to say, I feel pretty down about the football after last night too - not least because it was game we really had to win, that we should have won too, but somehow conspired not to.

Plus, everyone deals with these things in different ways too, I guess.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

It amazes me some people think we arent going down on 09:59 - Nov 29 with 1311 viewsDeano69

We could convince ourselves that we are already down, but thats not going to help at all.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

It amazes me some people think we arent going down on 10:01 - Nov 29 with 1298 viewsKeaneish

Teams in this position before us have been dead and buried before a ball is kicked. If things hadn't changed under Lambert i would have agreed ala Coleman last season at Sunderland but they have. We're one win away from being back in the mix so that might be why there's optimism.

Having said that, if we don't start keeping cleaning sheets. The writing is on the wall. Glad Forest banged in 5 last night...!!!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024