Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me 14:47 - Dec 2 with 2158 viewsFtnfwest

That apart from anything else we really need to learn how to cheat much better
Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 14:48 - Dec 2 with 2150 viewsJ2BLUE

That Spurs penalty didn't look a penalty to me in real time or on the replay. Gary Neville seemed convinced but didn't seem to even touch Son?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 14:52 - Dec 2 with 2127 viewspointofblue

Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 14:48 - Dec 2 by J2BLUE

That Spurs penalty didn't look a penalty to me in real time or on the replay. Gary Neville seemed convinced but didn't seem to even touch Son?

I agree and the guys on BBC Score thought the same - Son dived.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 15:05 - Dec 2 with 2097 viewspoppiesman

There is contact, minimal yes but at speed and enough for Son to go to ground, as all players would have.
Therefore its a penalty.
As much contact with Son as there was with Vertongan's hand for Arsenal's penalty anyway, which again was minimal.
About time we saw a proper derby in the premier league, back to the old days.
Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 15:05 - Dec 2 with 2096 viewsstrikalite

Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 14:52 - Dec 2 by pointofblue

I agree and the guys on BBC Score thought the same - Son dived.

Yep, dived, bring in VAR and give each team two reviews each...the game has stopped at that moment anyway so nothing changes there..
Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 15:50 - Dec 2 with 2035 viewsBackToRussia

Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 15:05 - Dec 2 by poppiesman

There is contact, minimal yes but at speed and enough for Son to go to ground, as all players would have.
Therefore its a penalty.
As much contact with Son as there was with Vertongan's hand for Arsenal's penalty anyway, which again was minimal.

"Minimal contact at speed" aka, he fell over like a fookin big girl.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 16:03 - Dec 2 with 2022 viewsEly_Blue

Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 15:05 - Dec 2 by strikalite

Yep, dived, bring in VAR and give each team two reviews each...the game has stopped at that moment anyway so nothing changes there..

VAR would have ruled the Dier goal out for offside too, Arsenal look like they could be starting to build something quite special again. The Son penalty looked dodgy but if it was a town player that went diving in like that in the box you’d argue that if you do that and it’s close to the man then you can’t argue if a penalty is given, quite a reckless challenge

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 16:09 - Dec 2 with 2007 viewsm14_blue

Yeah, there was no contact at all and yet all Neville kept wittering on about was how the defender shouldn’t have slid in. He shouldn’t, obviously, but that doesn’t give Son carte blanche to cheat.

Ex pros in the media need to start calling out this cheating for what it is, not analyse a hundred times trying to find ‘contact’.
Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 16:25 - Dec 2 with 1976 viewsVic

Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 15:05 - Dec 2 by poppiesman

Therefore its a penalty.

So it’s a non contact sport then? Touch the player and he goes to ground and wins pen? That stinks! That seems to be how it is but it’s not the spirit of the game.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 16:30 - Dec 2 with 1968 viewsFtnfwest

Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 16:09 - Dec 2 by m14_blue

Yeah, there was no contact at all and yet all Neville kept wittering on about was how the defender shouldn’t have slid in. He shouldn’t, obviously, but that doesn’t give Son carte blanche to cheat.

Ex pros in the media need to start calling out this cheating for what it is, not analyse a hundred times trying to find ‘contact’.

It’s all ‘part of the game’ etc....
Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 16:54 - Dec 2 with 1924 viewspoppiesman

Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 16:25 - Dec 2 by Vic

So it’s a non contact sport then? Touch the player and he goes to ground and wins pen? That stinks! That seems to be how it is but it’s not the spirit of the game.

I didn't say it was right or I agree with it, but as you say its part of the modern game I'm afraid, when Ipswich win a penalty in the same way, I bet no one on here will complain.
Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 17:14 - Dec 2 with 1892 viewsJ2BLUE

Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 16:09 - Dec 2 by m14_blue

I don't think Son dived, he seemed to just get tangled up and go down. Neither a penalty or a dive IMO.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 17:16 - Dec 2 with 1884 viewsm14_blue

Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 17:14 - Dec 2 by J2BLUE

I don't think Son dived, he seemed to just get tangled up and go down. Neither a penalty or a dive IMO.

Really?

I thought it was as clear cut a dive as I’ve seen for a while.
Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 17:22 - Dec 2 with 1870 viewsFtnfwest

Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 17:14 - Dec 2 by J2BLUE

He did go from screaming in agony when being brushed against to recovering and pointing to his ankle within a split second
Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 09:35 - Dec 3 with 1678 viewsconnorscontract

Watching arsenal v spurs certainly reminds me on 16:54 - Dec 2 by poppiesman

I didn't say it was right or I agree with it, but as you say its part of the modern game I'm afraid, when Ipswich win a penalty in the same way, I bet no one on here will complain.

We'll all be too busy complaining about Spence.

There's only so much complaining you can reasonably expect us to do!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024