Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q 08:44 - Dec 5 with 10741 viewsartsbossbeard

Right, so I think we finally put to bed the claims that ME charges ITFC interest on the loans last night BUT what's the craic with the "yeah, but he only owns the club for tax break reasons" statement oft bandied around?

It's for some copy & paste/online arguments reasons.

Thanks
ABB

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 17:01 - Dec 5 with 774 viewsLord_Lucan

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 16:45 - Dec 5 by LeagueOne

I know that at one point we were paying 10% interest or thereabouts on a number of loans ME group had given to Ipswich Town between 2010-2013 which accounted for some of the year end losses.

As for tax breaks - the law is here ( https://www.gov.uk/guidance/corporation-tax-calculating-and-claiming-a-loss) - assuming Ipswich Town is included in the overall Marcus Evans group figure.

Would you care to advise how much (in your mind) ME global corporations gain in tax savings for every 5 million he loses at ITFC.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 17:03 - Dec 5 with 769 viewsBluefish

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 17:01 - Dec 5 by Lord_Lucan

Would you care to advise how much (in your mind) ME global corporations gain in tax savings for every 5 million he loses at ITFC.

I think this has been covered and you won't change any opinions.

He makes 1 million for every 5 million lost so by losing 95 million he has made about 19 million. He is such a lucky man, if we can help him to lose another 5 we can get him up to 20 million

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 17:22 - Dec 5 with 760 viewsLord_Lucan

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 17:03 - Dec 5 by Bluefish

I think this has been covered and you won't change any opinions.

He makes 1 million for every 5 million lost so by losing 95 million he has made about 19 million. He is such a lucky man, if we can help him to lose another 5 we can get him up to 20 million

Yes, I know the figures, it's just that the bloke I'm interchatting with doesn't seem to accept it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 18:34 - Dec 5 with 721 viewsKeno

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 17:22 - Dec 5 by Lord_Lucan

Yes, I know the figures, it's just that the bloke I'm interchatting with doesn't seem to accept it.

Ask him this

If he give you a fiver would he be happy if you gave him £4 back

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 18:51 - Dec 5 with 707 viewsBluefish

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 17:22 - Dec 5 by Lord_Lucan

What is there to accept? I have clearly just shown you that Marcus Evans has made 20 million from ITFC. The scoundrel

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 18:54 - Dec 5 with 701 viewssparks

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 18:51 - Dec 5 by Bluefish

What is there to accept? I have clearly just shown you that Marcus Evans has made 20 million from ITFC. The scoundrel

The reality is that it means when we talk about ME putting in £10m, it was only, in effect £8m.

So it makes his investment / lossess about 20% cheaper.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024