Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q 08:44 - Dec 5 with 10742 viewsartsbossbeard

Right, so I think we finally put to bed the claims that ME charges ITFC interest on the loans last night BUT what's the craic with the "yeah, but he only owns the club for tax break reasons" statement oft bandied around?

It's for some copy & paste/online arguments reasons.

Thanks
ABB

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 11:44 - Dec 5 with 3068 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 11:42 - Dec 5 by Bluefish

Keanish makes benters look reasonably intelligent

He has me on ignore presently as I was nasty about PH.

I'm gutted, naturally.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 13:14 - Dec 5 with 3012 viewsfactual_blue

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 09:53 - Dec 5 by Guthrum

Financially we are not especially in a mess, other than the endemic situation of running a football club in the modern Championship, where big losses are inevitable without additional sources of income (e.g. parachute payments) and it's all a matter of how much the owner can or will put in.

The ground has ahifted significantly in the last ten to fifteen years.

So there's subsidence to deal with as well? Which stand is most in danger of collapsing?

It just gets worse and worse.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 13:32 - Dec 5 with 2994 viewsKeno

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 13:14 - Dec 5 by factual_blue

So there's subsidence to deal with as well? Which stand is most in danger of collapsing?

It just gets worse and worse.

Plate tectonics init

Where is dryas when you need him???

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 13:36 - Dec 5 with 2986 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 13:32 - Dec 5 by Keno

Plate tectonics init

Where is dryas when you need him???

Look for a Sparks post and he'll be close by.

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 13:38 - Dec 5 with 2984 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 09:35 - Dec 5 by Bluefish

We live in a world where people think that brexit will be good so they will simply believe What they want. Ipswich were big once so we are therefore entitled to be still be big and in this day and age we should spend big.

I fail to see how a bloke with a business that is 100 million in debt that props it up and keeps it going with more losses each year can be seen as a disgrace for not spending more. The argument could be spend more will see a return but 50 million a season doesn't guarantee to get you out if this league. The detachment from reality is quite bizarre

And he props it up because he has such good heart hasn't he?
I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 13:40 - Dec 5 with 2979 viewsNo9

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 08:57 - Dec 5 by factual_blue

There is a small tax advantage in being able to reduce the total tax bill of a group of companies by transferring losses to another company in the group to offset against the second company's profit. But - certainly where we're not talking in billions - the tax saving is limited.

But it's 15-20 years since I did tax exams for my accountancy qualification, and I never used the knowledge in the real world, so I can't pretend I've summarised it precisely.

Now that Mr E has moved all his companies to the Isle of Man & ITFC appears to be owned by ME BV, in Amsterdam, given the knoown details of relations between the IoM & the NL for tax avoidance / evasion ( as per the TV programme ) does your consideration still hold?
I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 13:40 - Dec 5 with 2974 viewsBenters2

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 11:42 - Dec 5 by Bluefish

Thanks for the mention you nasty man!
I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 13:42 - Dec 5 with 2959 viewsBenters2

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 13:38 - Dec 5 by Mach_foreignBlue

Yeah he is lovely xoxox
Login to get fewer ads

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 13:44 - Dec 5 with 2948 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 13:36 - Dec 5 by artsbossbeard

Look for a Sparks post and he'll be close by.

Get your bid in, Mach. We're all rooting for you.

To confirm, £95M sees you bottom of Division 1, so you're looking at investing, say circa £130m over a few years, to get us somewhere half decent.

Maybe you could go 50/50's with Rommy's student bid?

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 13:47 - Dec 5 with 2940 viewsBluefish

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 13:38 - Dec 5 by Mach_foreignBlue

Err no mach he props it up because he made a massive fook up buying us and he has no way out.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 14:00 - Dec 5 with 2915 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 13:40 - Dec 5 by No9

Now that Mr E has moved all his companies to the Isle of Man & ITFC appears to be owned by ME BV, in Amsterdam, given the knoown details of relations between the IoM & the NL for tax avoidance / evasion ( as per the TV programme ) does your consideration still hold?

Well if he’s avoiding tax entirely his losses from ITFC are definitely losing him money...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 14:00 - Dec 5 with 2920 viewsLord_Lucan

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 09:45 - Dec 5 by ArnieM

Genuine request:

I don’t suppose you’d have the time and be will to explain the situation on here for interested , but less qualified members please? I genuinely want to understand the mess ITFC are in and Evans approach to the situation.

Regards AM

Arnie

I am no accountant but it's a bit like this

Marcus Evans Ltd makes £5m profit and because they have done so well they will have to pay 20% corporation tax meaning he has to pay that man the taxman £1m

If at the same time his other company Marcus Evans ITFC Ltd loses £5m then he can offshoot that against his £5m profit so overall he has made no profit so he pays no tax.

The upshot is that ME Group has got away without any tax but he has still lost £5m in hard cash on ITFC.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 14:03 - Dec 5 with 2911 viewsNo9

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 14:00 - Dec 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Well if he’s avoiding tax entirely his losses from ITFC are definitely losing him money...

I didn't say he was avoiding tax did I?
I was merely pointing out who owns ITFC & what a TV programme showed about the tax relationship between Dutch Companies and tax via the I.o.M
I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 14:05 - Dec 5 with 2905 viewsBenters2

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 14:00 - Dec 5 by Lord_Lucan

Arnie

I am no accountant but it's a bit like this

Marcus Evans Ltd makes £5m profit and because they have done so well they will have to pay 20% corporation tax meaning he has to pay that man the taxman £1m

If at the same time his other company Marcus Evans ITFC Ltd loses £5m then he can offshoot that against his £5m profit so overall he has made no profit so he pays no tax.

The upshot is that ME Group has got away without any tax but he has still lost £5m in hard cash on ITFC.

Hard cash? That will get the stumpybeardo frothing at the mouth
I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 14:07 - Dec 5 with 2898 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 14:05 - Dec 5 by Benters2

You're probably best leaving the grown up talk to the adults.

Haven't you got a post to put the word "this" on somewhere?

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 14:10 - Dec 5 with 2891 viewsLord_Lucan

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 14:05 - Dec 5 by Benters2

This

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 14:11 - Dec 5 with 2885 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 14:10 - Dec 5 by Lord_Lucan

This

I make you right.

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 14:11 - Dec 5 with 2882 viewsKeaneish

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 09:35 - Dec 5 by Bluefish

We live in a world where people think that brexit will be good so they will simply believe What they want. Ipswich were big once so we are therefore entitled to be still be big and in this day and age we should spend big.

I fail to see how a bloke with a business that is 100 million in debt that props it up and keeps it going with more losses each year can be seen as a disgrace for not spending more. The argument could be spend more will see a return but 50 million a season doesn't guarantee to get you out if this league. The detachment from reality is quite bizarre

Football is a detachment from reality for most, i think that's the whole point.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 14:18 - Dec 5 with 2859 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Nobody on here knows, nobody knows the nitty gritty of his business activity. All fans can do on the surface is read the documents produced.

Only his accountants really know what he does with his money and how he wishes to use it.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:36 - Dec 5 with 2830 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 13:44 - Dec 5 by artsbossbeard

Get your bid in, Mach. We're all rooting for you.

To confirm, £95M sees you bottom of Division 1, so you're looking at investing, say circa £130m over a few years, to get us somewhere half decent.

Maybe you could go 50/50's with Rommy's student bid?

Keep clapping as lovely Marcus pays bills.

You are so teary when bad words are spoken against him.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 14:38]
I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 14:47 - Dec 5 with 2806 viewstextbackup

When there’s a footballing discussion between you and he, he literally has you on toast every single time.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 14:56 - Dec 5 with 2787 viewsBluefish

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 14:47 - Dec 5 by textbackup

When there’s a footballing discussion between you and he, he literally has you on toast every single time.

That is funny but also a bit worrying that you have lost your sense of reality and perspective and now have a blinkered view of everything. It has eaten you up mate,

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 16:40 - Dec 5 with 2732 viewstextbackup

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 14:56 - Dec 5 by Bluefish

That is funny but also a bit worrying that you have lost your sense of reality and perspective and now have a blinkered view of everything. It has eaten you up mate,

I have absolutely no idea what that post means

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 16:42 - Dec 5 with 2728 viewsBenters2

I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 14:10 - Dec 5 by Lord_Lucan

This

I make you right
I'm no qualified accountant - ME interest/tax breaks Q on 16:45 - Dec 5 with 2726 viewsLeagueOne

I know that at one point we were paying 10% interest or thereabouts on a number of loans ME group had given to Ipswich Town between 2010-2013 which accounted for some of the year end losses.

As for tax breaks - the law is here ( https://www.gov.uk/guidance/corporation-tax-calculating-and-claiming-a-loss) - assuming Ipswich Town is included in the overall Marcus Evans group figure.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024