Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm just going to leave this here... 15:37 - Dec 10 with 27016 viewsHerbivore

...as it's an interesting and honest read from David Mitchell: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/dec/09/my-beef-with-vegans-says-m

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I'm just going to leave this here... on 07:37 - Dec 11 with 4236 viewsjjblue84

I'm just going to leave this here... on 06:50 - Dec 11 by DanTheMan

Which rights in particular are affected by hospitals providing a vegan option for food?

Just to provide the cheapest healthiest option for the taxpayer. Not pay more for fussy eaters!
I'm just going to leave this here... on 07:46 - Dec 11 with 4232 viewsHerbivore

I'm just going to leave this here... on 05:08 - Dec 11 by jjblue84

No, and no-one ever has...but now the law is dictating on personal desires!

No it isn't.

I'm just going to leave this here... on 07:47 - Dec 11 with 4230 viewsHerbivore

I'm just going to leave this here... on 07:37 - Dec 11 by jjblue84

Just to provide the cheapest healthiest option for the taxpayer. Not pay more for fussy eaters!

That's handy then, meat is expensive so they really should only offer vegan meals.

I'm just going to leave this here... on 07:56 - Dec 11 with 4217 viewsjjblue84

I'm just going to leave this here... on 07:47 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

That's handy then, meat is expensive so they really should only offer vegan meals.

If that was the case they’d be doing it already out of free choice...nothing against that!
I'm just going to leave this here... on 07:58 - Dec 11 with 4221 viewsHerbivore

I'm just going to leave this here... on 07:56 - Dec 11 by jjblue84

If that was the case they’d be doing it already out of free choice...nothing against that!

Why would they? It's almost like you're making this up as you go along. You've totally failed to show how vegans having rights infringes on anyone else's rights.

I'm just going to leave this here... on 08:01 - Dec 11 with 4219 viewsmonytowbray

I'm just going to leave this here... on 07:58 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

Why would they? It's almost like you're making this up as you go along. You've totally failed to show how vegans having rights infringes on anyone else's rights.

He has, and he’s avoided the question where he has to justify it 4 times. This thread did not go well for him.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I'm just going to leave this here... on 08:12 - Dec 11 with 4211 viewsbluelagos

I'm just going to leave this here... on 15:57 - Dec 10 by monytowbray

I did read this yesterday. A very welcome opinion that is honest but doesn't plead ignorance/denial to the evidence in front of him.

I honestly believe dairy will be a dead industry within the next 20-30 years. Giving up meat perhaps within 80-200 years.

I'd switch those over. I think Vegetarian diets will come first and then (maybe) Vegan ones.

Think the drivers will be environmental concerns rather than animal welfare/exploitation.

I'd also argue just how slowly attitudes change though, especially when there is such a vested interest in maintaining the status quo. One point you regularly make, which is spot on, is just how conditioned we are by the diary/meat industry with their huge advertising spend.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I'm just going to leave this here... on 08:24 - Dec 11 with 4203 viewsDanTheMan

I'm just going to leave this here... on 07:37 - Dec 11 by jjblue84

No that doesn't answer the question, which of your rights have been affected by a hospital offering vegan meals?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

I'm just going to leave this here... on 13:20 - Dec 11 with 4162 viewsjjblue84

I'm just going to leave this here... on 07:46 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

No it isn't.

Oh it is...the law is being used as a threat already...
I'm just going to leave this here... on 13:23 - Dec 11 with 4167 viewsgiant_stow

I'm just going to leave this here... on 13:20 - Dec 11 by jjblue84

Mysterious meet allergy (probably caused by callis somehow) https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/dec/11/mysterious-allergy-to-meat-alpha-ga

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I'm just going to leave this here... on 14:04 - Dec 11 with 4142 viewsjjblue84

I'm just going to leave this here... on 08:24 - Dec 11 by DanTheMan

No that doesn't answer the question, which of your rights have been affected by a hospital offering vegan meals?

Good, because the question should be about the rights of others, not necessarily mine...
I'm just going to leave this here... on 14:09 - Dec 11 with 4145 viewsDanTheMan

I'm just going to leave this here... on 14:04 - Dec 11 by jjblue84

Good, because the question should be about the rights of others, not necessarily mine...

OK, specifically which rights of "others" have been infringed by a hospital offering vegan meals as a choice?

I'm just going to leave this here... on 15:25 - Dec 11 with 4120 viewsmonytowbray

I'm just going to leave this here... on 14:09 - Dec 11 by DanTheMan

OK, specifically which rights of "others" have been infringed by a hospital offering vegan meals as a choice?

Don’t make him think too hard, he might malfunction.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I'm just going to leave this here... on 15:40 - Dec 11 with 4110 viewsHerbivore

I'm just going to leave this here... on 13:20 - Dec 11 by jjblue84

In what way? And which individual's rights have actually had their rights infringed upon?

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:05 - Dec 11 with 4100 viewscaught-in-limbo

"The thing that’s annoying about there suddenly being lots of them (vegans) is the nagging suspicion that they might be right."

I don't think Mitchell is being as honest as he claims to be here. Whole societies or cultures don't make changes to culturally acceptable behaviours practised over decades, if not centuries, because of a sudden realisation that it's no longer the right thing to do.

The rise in veganism is a result of a very different media portrayal of the vegan lifestyle and vegans in general over the last decade or so. Mitchell's article in the Guardian is evidence of that. Simply put, someone's being allowed to push pro-vegan agenda.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:11 - Dec 11 with 4094 viewsgiant_stow

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:05 - Dec 11 by caught-in-limbo

"The thing that’s annoying about there suddenly being lots of them (vegans) is the nagging suspicion that they might be right."

I don't think Mitchell is being as honest as he claims to be here. Whole societies or cultures don't make changes to culturally acceptable behaviours practised over decades, if not centuries, because of a sudden realisation that it's no longer the right thing to do.

The rise in veganism is a result of a very different media portrayal of the vegan lifestyle and vegans in general over the last decade or so. Mitchell's article in the Guardian is evidence of that. Simply put, someone's being allowed to push pro-vegan agenda.

someone?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:21 - Dec 11 with 4087 viewscaught-in-limbo

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:11 - Dec 11 by giant_stow

someone?

Yep, might even be a group of people, or even several groups.

#toxic

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:22 - Dec 11 with 4086 viewsgiant_stow

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:21 - Dec 11 by caught-in-limbo

Yep, might even be a group of people, or even several groups.

tease.

who?!

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:22 - Dec 11 with 4086 viewsDanTheMan

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:05 - Dec 11 by caught-in-limbo

I'd hardly call Veganism a "sudden" realisation. It's been around quite a while.

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:23 - Dec 11 with 4083 viewsCotty

I'm just going to leave this here... on 15:57 - Dec 10 by monytowbray

I did read this yesterday. A very welcome opinion that is honest but doesn't plead ignorance/denial to the evidence in front of him.

I honestly believe dairy will be a dead industry within the next 20-30 years. Giving up meat perhaps within 80-200 years.

No more milk butter or cheese in 20 years? As in all of our lifetimes? I seriously doubt it. Try making this suggestion to a French person!
I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:29 - Dec 11 with 4070 viewscaught-in-limbo

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:22 - Dec 11 by giant_stow

tease.

who?!

dunno, someone.

#toxic

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:34 - Dec 11 with 4059 viewscaught-in-limbo

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:22 - Dec 11 by DanTheMan

I'd hardly call Veganism a "sudden" realisation. It's been around quite a while.

Veganism's been around for a while, yes, but my comment is framed around Mitchell's words which I pasted at the start of my comment: "The thing that’s annoying about there suddenly being lots of them (vegans) is the nagging suspicion that they might be right."

Do you disagree with Mitchell, or is it just me you want to disagree with?

#toxic

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:38 - Dec 11 with 4055 viewsDanTheMan

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:34 - Dec 11 by caught-in-limbo

Veganism's been around for a while, yes, but my comment is framed around Mitchell's words which I pasted at the start of my comment: "The thing that’s annoying about there suddenly being lots of them (vegans) is the nagging suspicion that they might be right."

Do you disagree with Mitchell, or is it just me you want to disagree with?

No I agree with him, but now I'm confused what your point is. Whole cultures don't change overnight (although certain events can change peoples minds incredibly quickly) but after something has hit the mainstream it can certainly spread very quickly.

As he points out, when there are a few of them, it's very easy to write them off.

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:42 - Dec 11 with 4046 viewscaught-in-limbo

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:38 - Dec 11 by DanTheMan

No I agree with him, but now I'm confused what your point is. Whole cultures don't change overnight (although certain events can change peoples minds incredibly quickly) but after something has hit the mainstream it can certainly spread very quickly.

As he points out, when there are a few of them, it's very easy to write them off.

I think my point is clear.

I'm saying the media is influencing the number of vegans. You're suggesting the media is responding to the number of vegans.

#toxic

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:52 - Dec 11 with 4034 viewsjeera

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:23 - Dec 11 by Cotty

No more milk butter or cheese in 20 years? As in all of our lifetimes? I seriously doubt it. Try making this suggestion to a French person!

It's a fair point you make. We seem to be sometimes making assumptions that movements on our own doorstep, (no pun/insinuation intended), will automatically be mirrored elsewhere.

Try telling the Argentinians that beef is no longer a viable option.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024