Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
[Redacted] 21:03 - Dec 11 with 17206 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
The worst British PM ? on 21:10 - Dec 11 with 6889 viewsSwansea_Blue

I think you need to distinguish between worse (hapless, inept) and worse (most destructive, damaging).

I’d put Thatcher in the last bracket, despite being one of the best in the first category.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The worst British PM ? on 21:12 - Dec 11 with 6878 viewsgordon

Theresa May is going to be right up there when people look back at this sh*tshow. Jeremy Corbyn also surely one of the worst leaders of the opposition, although the Tories certainly put up a few decent candidates for that award during the Blair years.
[Redacted] on 21:15 - Dec 11 with 6864 viewsvictorywilhappen

The worst British PM ? on 21:10 - Dec 11 by Swansea_Blue

I think you need to distinguish between worse (hapless, inept) and worse (most destructive, damaging).

I’d put Thatcher in the last bracket, despite being one of the best in the first category.

[Redacted]
The worst British PM ? on 21:16 - Dec 11 with 6857 viewsgordon

Is the answer Esther McVey?
[Redacted] on 21:17 - Dec 11 with 6855 viewsvictorywilhappen

The worst British PM ? on 21:12 - Dec 11 by gordon

Theresa May is going to be right up there when people look back at this sh*tshow. Jeremy Corbyn also surely one of the worst leaders of the opposition, although the Tories certainly put up a few decent candidates for that award during the Blair years.

[Redacted]
The worst British PM ? on 21:17 - Dec 11 with 6857 viewsNthsuffolkblue

To be fair Cameron is far worse than May. She has been left with the thankless task of implementing the vote. Cameron called the vote having not learnt from his previous referendum close call with Scotland and all in an attempt to unite his party that has probably simply pulled it even further apart. He also instigated the failed austerity measures that May has failed to rescind.

She is poor but Cameron was definitely more damaging.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The worst British PM ? on 21:31 - Dec 11 with 6820 viewsSwansea_Blue

The worst British PM ? on 21:17 - Dec 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

To be fair Cameron is far worse than May. She has been left with the thankless task of implementing the vote. Cameron called the vote having not learnt from his previous referendum close call with Scotland and all in an attempt to unite his party that has probably simply pulled it even further apart. He also instigated the failed austerity measures that May has failed to rescind.

I think Cameron was far less astute. He ballsed up most things he touched. Right from the start when he promised his rebel backbenchers he’d take the Tory MEPs into a new European party in exchange for their support in his leadership bid. But misread the mood and ended up not needing their votes, giving up much of our influence in the EU Parliament in the process.

That seems to be his trademark - getting the politics wrong and giving up something for nothing. He was pretty useless actually. I’d say May is a much more canny. A sly, devious liar, but much more astute.

The worst British PM ? on 21:33 - Dec 11 with 6813 viewsHerbivore

1. Cameron
2. Thatcher
3. May

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

The worst British PM ? on 21:38 - Dec 11 with 6800 viewsOxford_Blue

Ever?

Why is Neville Chamberlain deserving of this?

Lord North lost the American colonies.

Ramsay MacDonald abandoned his party to form a national government and allowed Hitler to rise unchallenged in the same way that Chamberlain did but at a time when Hitler could have been stopped more easily.

Eden - Suez!

Callaghan - the entire country ground to a halt.

Brown - presided over a financial disaster.

I think your criticism of Neville is glib and in fact you don’t give any reasons.
The worst British PM ? on 21:40 - Dec 11 with 6786 viewsSwansea_Blue

The worst British PM ? on 21:33 - Dec 11 by Herbivore

1. Cameron
2. Thatcher
3. May

In my lifetime it’s hard to disagree with that list. Although Bliar has to be an honourable mention for taking us into an illegal war and all the ramifications of that (even though the groundwork was laid long before he was PM).

Tories have always been the one to create the national rifts and rip the soul out of communities though (in my lifetime anyway).

The worst British PM ? on 21:43 - Dec 11 with 6781 viewsgordon

The worst British PM ? on 21:17 - Dec 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

Cameron didn't really give that much of a sh*t, that was his main problem. He probably thinks he did a great job, and he just ran into a bit of bad luck with all that Brexit bother.
The worst British PM ? on 21:46 - Dec 11 with 6771 viewswkj

The worst British PM ? on 21:43 - Dec 11 by gordon

Cameron didn't really give that much of a sh*t, that was his main problem. He probably thinks he did a great job, and he just ran into a bit of bad luck with all that Brexit bother.

Its a shame really as Cameron started out with a great deal of charisma and possibly a fresh outlook for the tories, but now it is the same old story of betrayals and rebellion.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The worst British PM ? on 21:46 - Dec 11 with 6772 viewsMelford

The worst British PM ? on 21:38 - Dec 11 by Oxford_Blue

Ever?

Why is Neville Chamberlain deserving of this?

Lord North lost the American colonies.

Ramsay MacDonald abandoned his party to form a national government and allowed Hitler to rise unchallenged in the same way that Chamberlain did but at a time when Hitler could have been stopped more easily.

Eden - Suez!

Callaghan - the entire country ground to a halt.

Brown - presided over a financial disaster.

I think your criticism of Neville is glib and in fact you don’t give any reasons.

Chamberlain shouldn't be here, he was in an impossible position. He was painted in a very bad light in that Finest Hour film.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

The worst British PM ? on 21:48 - Dec 11 with 6763 viewsOxford_Blue

The worst British PM ? on 21:46 - Dec 11 by Melford

Chamberlain shouldn't be here, he was in an impossible position. He was painted in a very bad light in that Finest Hour film.

I wouldn’t ever take historical fact or analysis from a film.

The criticism of him is that he led a pro appeasement government but without foresight they were not able to know what would happen next.

Halifax deserves more critism albeit that he wasn’t PM
[Redacted] on 21:56 - Dec 11 with 6743 viewsvictorywilhappen

The worst British PM ? on 21:48 - Dec 11 by Oxford_Blue

I wouldn’t ever take historical fact or analysis from a film.

The criticism of him is that he led a pro appeasement government but without foresight they were not able to know what would happen next.

Halifax deserves more critism albeit that he wasn’t PM

[Redacted]
The worst British PM ? on 21:57 - Dec 11 with 6735 viewsOxford_Blue

[Redacted] on 21:56 - Dec 11 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

What decision are you referring to and when?
The worst British PM ? on 22:00 - Dec 11 with 6729 viewsOxford_Blue

[Redacted] on 21:56 - Dec 11 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

If removing Hitler is your point, then why not criticise McDonald’s government?

Why not criticise the politicians who forced the Versailles treaty on Germany which laid the seeds for Hitler to rise to power?

Anyone who has studied and understands history knows that glib one line “this happened because of this and that’s it” is sub-GCSE level analysis.
[Redacted] on 22:00 - Dec 11 with 6729 viewsvictorywilhappen

The worst British PM ? on 21:57 - Dec 11 by Oxford_Blue

What decision are you referring to and when?

[Redacted]
The worst British PM ? on 22:01 - Dec 11 with 6721 viewsOxford_Blue

[Redacted] on 22:00 - Dec 11 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Yep. I’m asking what specific decision would have prevented the Second World War.
The worst British PM ? on 22:01 - Dec 11 with 6722 viewsBloomBlue

Blair was the worst, as PM you should protect lives he sent British troops to their death off the back of a load of lies. At worst he should be inside for murder at best hanging from a rope for treason
The worst British PM ? on 22:04 - Dec 11 with 6702 viewsOxford_Blue

The worst British PM ? on 22:01 - Dec 11 by BloomBlue

Blair was the worst, as PM you should protect lives he sent British troops to their death off the back of a load of lies. At worst he should be inside for murder at best hanging from a rope for treason

Any leader who sends soldiers to war does so with the risk they might die.

As for lies, where is the evidence he lied? As in, he made a claim he knew could not be true?

He was given intelligence about WMD by agencies.
The worst British PM ? on 22:06 - Dec 11 with 6690 viewsLord_Lucan

The worst British PM ? on 21:40 - Dec 11 by Swansea_Blue

In my lifetime it’s hard to disagree with that list. Although Bliar has to be an honourable mention for taking us into an illegal war and all the ramifications of that (even though the groundwork was laid long before he was PM).

Tories have always been the one to create the national rifts and rip the soul out of communities though (in my lifetime anyway).

How old are you Swansea?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

[Redacted] on 22:11 - Dec 11 with 6667 viewsvictorywilhappen

The worst British PM ? on 22:00 - Dec 11 by Oxford_Blue

If removing Hitler is your point, then why not criticise McDonald’s government?

Why not criticise the politicians who forced the Versailles treaty on Germany which laid the seeds for Hitler to rise to power?

Anyone who has studied and understands history knows that glib one line “this happened because of this and that’s it” is sub-GCSE level analysis.

[Redacted]
The worst British PM ? on 22:14 - Dec 11 with 6648 viewsOxford_Blue

[Redacted] on 22:11 - Dec 11 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

No, you’re making a claim that he could have stopped WW2 but aren’t able to provide any evidence or refer me to the specific point when this happened.

Seems to me you don’t really know the facts.

You do realise that Chamberlain was part of a government full of appeasers?

Why don’t you criticise Ramsay MacDonald for not removing Hitler earlier in the 1930s?
The worst British PM ? on 22:15 - Dec 11 with 6643 viewsOxford_Blue

The worst British PM ? on 22:14 - Dec 11 by Oxford_Blue

No, you’re making a claim that he could have stopped WW2 but aren’t able to provide any evidence or refer me to the specific point when this happened.

Seems to me you don’t really know the facts.

You do realise that Chamberlain was part of a government full of appeasers?

Why don’t you criticise Ramsay MacDonald for not removing Hitler earlier in the 1930s?

Also I don’t agree Nazi Germany was the “worst” totalitarian regime.

Stalin killed far more people as did Mao.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024