Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ 12:43 - Dec 12 with 9973 viewsElderGrizzly

Ironic eh....

She needed 158 to stay as leader
Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 16:04 - Dec 12 with 1491 viewsGlasgowBlue

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 15:57 - Dec 12 by XYZ

last week he was encouraging UKIP entryism to take over the tory party

Both the Labour and Tory parties have to split if they are going to be fit for purpose it the 21st century.

We have the Tory right still fighting the 1990 leadership election and the Labour left fighting the battles of the 1970's.

A new centrist party is desperately needed to represent the views of normal people who care little for the party politics and just want their government to get ion with running the country in it's best interests..

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 16:06 - Dec 12 with 1485 viewsGlasgowBlue

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 14:44 - Dec 12 by No9

"She get's 50% + 1 then she wins. Simple as that."

Agreed but, if she looses & a new leader is elected and declares a different policy doesn't that mean the new PM should really ask the people to provide a mandate for the different policy?

Like Jim Callaghan, John Major and Gordon Brown did?

Iron Lion Zion

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 16:38 - Dec 12 with 1458 viewsXYZ

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 16:04 - Dec 12 by GlasgowBlue

Both the Labour and Tory parties have to split if they are going to be fit for purpose it the 21st century.

We have the Tory right still fighting the 1990 leadership election and the Labour left fighting the battles of the 1970's.

A new centrist party is desperately needed to represent the views of normal people who care little for the party politics and just want their government to get ion with running the country in it's best interests..

Agreed.

The system is plainly broken and works to entrench the Lab/ Con dominance.

PR would be a good start; and, yes, even if it meant a few loonies from both extremes get representation.

What time do we get to hear the result? (Anyone?)
Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 16:44 - Dec 12 with 1452 viewsSteve_M

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 16:38 - Dec 12 by XYZ

Agreed.

PR would be a good start; and, yes, even if it meant a few loonies from both extremes get representation.

Worth reading this thread I think:

We're heading towards the US model at the moment which is not encouraging for anyone hoping for more functional politics in future.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 16:56 - Dec 12 with 1433 viewsMullet

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 16:44 - Dec 12 by Steve_M

We're heading towards the US model at the moment which is not encouraging for anyone hoping for more functional politics in future.

Something I was talking about the other week.

There should be a raft of Tories in prison by the new year over all of this. I'm sure their traditional stance on justice would become fluid at the prospect of some justice though.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 17:07 - Dec 12 with 1414 viewsSteve_M

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 16:56 - Dec 12 by Mullet

Something I was talking about the other week.

There should be a raft of Tories in prison by the new year over all of this. I'm sure their traditional stance on justice would become fluid at the prospect of some justice though.

Ah, but they'll have the last laugh because their years of under-funding police, courts and prison service will mean they get away with it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 17:11 - Dec 12 with 1410 viewsXYZ

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 16:44 - Dec 12 by Steve_M

Well, yes, but …

1. They only get to vote for one of the two put to them by the 315/ 316? MPs (I read one of the miscreants has had the whip reinstated and promised to vote for May!).

2. Technically they're electing the leader of the tory party, not the PM.

3. Parliament's numbers remain the same.

There are, undoubtedly, alt-right black ops at work I suspect there'll still be sufficient MPs in favour of stopping a crash out hard Brexit.

That said, if she loses tonight it will cause chaos and damage the country more than if she wins.

It would be nice if the tories cared more about governing the country than governing themselves.
Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 17:19 - Dec 12 with 1390 viewsgiant_stow

Just when you think things can't any worse...

Thanks for the links mr.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 17:19 - Dec 12 with 1390 viewsGlasgowBlue

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 16:38 - Dec 12 by XYZ

Agreed.

Nine-ish

Iron Lion Zion

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 17:55 - Dec 12 with 1349 viewsNo9

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 16:06 - Dec 12 by GlasgowBlue

Like Jim Callaghan, John Major and Gordon Brown did?

The point you have ignored is changing policy.
In our system of government the sitting party can argue they are in power an can change who they wish to. That may be OK IF policy doesn't change.
I don't necessarily agree but, that is the system. IF policy is to chnage they really should go to the country.

Or you can they do it the way McMillan did
Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 18:00 - Dec 12 with 1337 viewslowhouseblue

rees mogg and co remind me of the opening scene in one of the inspector clouseau films where a succession of assassins try to kill clouseau but only kill themselves.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ (n/t) on 18:06 - Dec 12 with 1321 viewsPositivelyPortman

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 12:44 - Dec 12 by clive_baker

Yay! In Theresa I trust!

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Being reported Theresa May has at least 165 votes to ‘remain’ on 19:36 - Dec 12 with 1255 viewsElderGrizzly

Now saying it could be as high as 230

Remain/pro-EU Tories voting for May tonight ( a few tweeted their ballot paper) to try and force a second referendum as they know The ERG lot will not give it a second’s thought.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024