Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Blair wants a second referendum. 10:24 - Dec 17 with 5855 viewsPinewoodblue

If he gets his way can we have a second Chilcott enquiry as we didn't like the outcome of the first one.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 13:37 - Dec 17 with 858 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:55 - Dec 17 by J2BLUE

I'll listen to him when he swears on a stack of bibles that he will never accept any position of power within the EU. Until then I believe he is simply trying to look out for his own ambition.

Charlie Mullins is on Sky News making the case for remain. That should convert a few to leave.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 13:40 - Dec 17 with 847 viewsmonytowbray

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 13:35 - Dec 17 by GlasgowBlue

Would be better if there weren't so many party officials who held such racists views but ho hum.

Rather than bore the board with this any more I can send you five of these a day if you want? Labour against antisemitism have submitted 1200 cases to the party with another 4000 ready to go.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 13:36]

Please do provide the list of all these, I'd be interested to know what they actually say.

You wanted it dealt with, it's getting dealt with. Please stop moving the goal posts so you can carry on attacking a politician you once laughed at who now poses an actual threat to the heartless sh1t show of a party you love so much.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 14:13 - Dec 17 with 814 viewsGuthrum

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 11:14 - Dec 17 by Steve_M

I've had a good read about what it entails and it's a crap deal. It's the result of May only caring about ending Freedom of Movement (which she is selling to the British public with glee) so it focuses on goods and ignores services. Not only are services more important to the UK economy now but they are often indivisible from goods.

This deal is also only a Withdrawal Agreement, there needs to be much more negotiation over future trade deals and that is all supposed to happen in two years. It's obvious from the last two that there is no likelihood of that happening and once we are out of the EU we have even less leverage during that period.

I can't see it as representing any sort of consensus outcome to a divided country so think the least economically damaging route out is required. If the country is markedly poorer then most people won't sanguinely think "Oh well, it's what we voted for".

A second referendum will be messy but that's were we are now. May's failure to make clear that choices incur costs as led to this impasse, but in that she just followed the Leave campaign.

Indeed, if the "red lines" did not exist, we could get a much more advantageous deal. But, (unfortunately IMO) they are part of the political landscape and extremely precious to most Brexiteers. Within those very awkward constraints, I'm not sure anything better can be done.

The two-year transition limit is exactly why we need a backstop arrangement, to make as much time available as is needed to complete the negotiations. A five-year timescale would be far more appropriate. But everyone's in a mad rush to get away from the EU asap.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 14:19 - Dec 17 with 802 viewsGuthrum

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 10:51 - Dec 17 by SomethingBlue

As far as a waste of time is concerned - if it takes another year to make sure we're not fcuked for the next 50 I'm ok with that.

The problem is that another referendum does not postpone the March 29th deadline. Only Parliament can try to do that (if, as their legal people suggest, the EU is prepared to accept a revocation of Article 50).

So six weeks wasted on organising and campaigning this vote leaves only about the same period before we run out of time.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 14:55 - Dec 17 with 761 viewsLord_Lucan

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 11:14 - Dec 17 by Steve_M

I've had a good read about what it entails and it's a crap deal. It's the result of May only caring about ending Freedom of Movement (which she is selling to the British public with glee) so it focuses on goods and ignores services. Not only are services more important to the UK economy now but they are often indivisible from goods.

This deal is also only a Withdrawal Agreement, there needs to be much more negotiation over future trade deals and that is all supposed to happen in two years. It's obvious from the last two that there is no likelihood of that happening and once we are out of the EU we have even less leverage during that period.

I can't see it as representing any sort of consensus outcome to a divided country so think the least economically damaging route out is required. If the country is markedly poorer then most people won't sanguinely think "Oh well, it's what we voted for".

A second referendum will be messy but that's were we are now. May's failure to make clear that choices incur costs as led to this impasse, but in that she just followed the Leave campaign.

I think I am the opposite of most people, I would like to keep freedom of movement and goods but I'd happily ditch the EU Parliament.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 15:08 - Dec 17 with 741 viewsPinewoodblue

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 14:55 - Dec 17 by Lord_Lucan

I think I am the opposite of most people, I would like to keep freedom of movement and goods but I'd happily ditch the EU Parliament.

If there was an EU wide referendum on ditching the EU parliament you would be in the majority

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 15:12 - Dec 17 with 738 viewsBloomBlue

Why didn't he have a referendum to ask the public if we should join the Iraq military operation?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024