Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Blair wants a second referendum. 10:24 - Dec 17 with 5856 viewsPinewoodblue

If he gets his way can we have a second Chilcott enquiry as we didn't like the outcome of the first one.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:00 - Dec 17 with 1736 viewsNo9

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 11:18 - Dec 17 by SomethingBlue

And what do you think Rees-Mogg and Johnson's intentions are, by contrast?

It is likely that Rees-Mogg's company is making a lot of money out of the fluctuating £ & stock markets - Redwoods clients also - how many other leavers are emaking a lot of money out of this?
Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:04 - Dec 17 with 1729 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 11:52 - Dec 17 by Fixed_It

Me too. Although presumably 'trial by Daily Mail' carries as much clout with some...
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 11:52]

In Callis case I think it's more 'trial by Morning Star'

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:04 - Dec 17 with 1725 viewschicoazul

Lads, once more; a 2nd referendum would be a huge defeat for Remain and give us Johnson Leadsom or Gove as PM.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:06 - Dec 17 with 1724 viewsFixed_It

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:04 - Dec 17 by chicoazul

Lads, once more; a 2nd referendum would be a huge defeat for Remain and give us Johnson Leadsom or Gove as PM.

Now THAT is scaremongering!!!!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:07 - Dec 17 with 1717 viewsNo9

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:04 - Dec 17 by chicoazul

Maybe that is what is needed to wake people up?
Maybe pain is the answer after all many people don't go to the dentist until they can bare the pain no longer.

Laura Ashley announced they are to close 40 stores with all the other companies closing down it will affect some people soon?
Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:13 - Dec 17 with 1700 viewschicoazul

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:06 - Dec 17 by Fixed_It

Now THAT is scaremongering!!!!

There is nobody on Remain with Farage's charisma, demagoguery, and popularity, and he is talking about being "prepared" for a 2nd go and indeed I seem to remember he was actively agitating for one not so long ago. You would think people would have learned by now not to fight him on his ground.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:20 - Dec 17 with 1683 viewsSomethingBlue

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:00 - Dec 17 by No9

It is likely that Rees-Mogg's company is making a lot of money out of the fluctuating £ & stock markets - Redwoods clients also - how many other leavers are emaking a lot of money out of this?

Quite. Convincing so many of the working class that they are on their side is the cruellest — and certainly the most effective — trick anyone in this country has ever played. It's a tragedy.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:20 - Dec 17 with 1683 viewsLord_Lucan

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:07 - Dec 17 by No9

Maybe that is what is needed to wake people up?
Maybe pain is the answer after all many people don't go to the dentist until they can bare the pain no longer.

Laura Ashley announced they are to close 40 stores with all the other companies closing down it will affect some people soon?

Retail stores will continue to close as people use them as showrooms prior to purchasing the same goods on Amazon.

The answer of course is a raise in VAT for online orders. How can a high street building compete with an out of town building with regards to rent and rates?

Even I can send a 20kg package overnight to Liverpool for £6.50 - God knows what Amazon pay -

I can get free same day delivery for some things on Amazon! Same day!!!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:21 - Dec 17 with 1677 viewsmonytowbray

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:04 - Dec 17 by GlasgowBlue

In Callis case I think it's more 'trial by Morning Star'

Don't you have some Corbyn slacktivism to be cracking on with?
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 12:22]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:28 - Dec 17 with 1664 viewsNo9

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:20 - Dec 17 by Lord_Lucan

Retail stores will continue to close as people use them as showrooms prior to purchasing the same goods on Amazon.

The answer of course is a raise in VAT for online orders. How can a high street building compete with an out of town building with regards to rent and rates?

Even I can send a 20kg package overnight to Liverpool for £6.50 - God knows what Amazon pay -

I can get free same day delivery for some things on Amazon! Same day!!!

Asos is an online Co.
Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:33 - Dec 17 with 1647 viewsBluesquid

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 11:15 - Dec 17 by No9

Like Tony Blair or not he's the most competent in political circles the UK has had since the 70's.
People don't like his success & I'm sure he would never have put the UK in the embarrassing place it is now.

"I'm sure he would never have put the UK in the embarrassing place it is now. "

No, of course not, only the embarrassing place the UK finds itself in over the deaths of hundreds of thousands (if not a million) of innocent Iraqis.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 12:35]
Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:41 - Dec 17 with 1638 viewsPinewoodblue

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:20 - Dec 17 by SomethingBlue

Quite. Convincing so many of the working class that they are on their side is the cruellest — and certainly the most effective — trick anyone in this country has ever played. It's a tragedy.

So what will you do if a second referendum comes in favour of leave?

You just don't get it do you? Elections / referendums are lost as much as won and the attitude you display shows why you stand a good chance of being on the losing side again.

2023 year of destiny

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:42 - Dec 17 with 1635 viewsSomethingBlue

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:41 - Dec 17 by Pinewoodblue

You just don't get it do you? Elections / referendums are lost as much as won and the attitude you display shows why you stand a good chance of being on the losing side again.

I would, as now, believe it is a tragedy for everyone — but particularly for those in this country who are really struggling.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 12:43]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:43 - Dec 17 with 1620 viewsHerbivore

This isn't a game of heads or tails. Some of us don't give two sh!ts about this tiresome winning and losing narrative that you Brexiteers seem so fond of.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:44 - Dec 17 with 1621 viewsNo9

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:33 - Dec 17 by Bluesquid

"I'm sure he would never have put the UK in the embarrassing place it is now. "

No, of course not, only the embarrassing place the UK finds itself in over the deaths of hundreds of thousands (if not a million) of innocent Iraqis.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 12:35]

Point one - Iraq was an American show
Point two - if the job had been done in IW1 the second would not have been necessary
Point three - who, in the 80's sold Saddam all the stuff to allow him to kill off his ow people - no one knows how many

Two wrongs don't make a right but it was the 80's cock-ups thay started it all
Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:48 - Dec 17 with 1610 viewsPinewoodblue

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:44 - Dec 17 by No9

Point two - if the job had been done in IW1 the second would not have been necessary
Point three - who, in the 80's sold Saddam all the stuff to allow him to kill off his ow people - no one knows how many

Iraq was supported simply because Iran was seen as the threat,

2023 year of destiny

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:48 - Dec 17 with 1602 viewsBluesquid

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:44 - Dec 17 by No9

lol, you've done this before, tried to whitewash Bliar.

But the Yanks don't control UK foreign policy do they?
Why did Bliar take the UK to war based on a lie?
Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:50 - Dec 17 with 1604 viewsLord_Lucan

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:28 - Dec 17 by No9

Asos is an online Co.

That's as maybe but my point stands.

Generally it is high street stores that will suffer most but just because you are clicks rather than bricks doesn't mean that there isn't something wrong with your business model.

We are also going into a worldwide recession.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:55 - Dec 17 with 1572 viewsJ2BLUE

I'll listen to him when he swears on a stack of bibles that he will never accept any position of power within the EU. Until then I believe he is simply trying to look out for his own ambition.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 13:07 - Dec 17 with 1536 viewsPinewoodblue

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:50 - Dec 17 by Lord_Lucan

That's as maybe but my point stands.

Generally it is high street stores that will suffer most but just because you are clicks rather than bricks doesn't mean that there isn't something wrong with your business model.

We are also going into a worldwide recession.

Spot on. Tesco closed their online business and it wasn't anything to do with Brexit.

2023 year of destiny

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 13:25 - Dec 17 with 1505 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 12:21 - Dec 17 by monytowbray

Don't you have some Corbyn slacktivism to be cracking on with?
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 12:22]

Ok. But only as you asked politely.

Iron Lion Zion

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 13:26 - Dec 17 with 1499 viewsJ2BLUE

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 13:25 - Dec 17 by GlasgowBlue

Oh and look, there's a nice picture of him next to Corbyn.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 13:28 - Dec 17 with 1493 viewsmonytowbray

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 13:25 - Dec 17 by GlasgowBlue

So they've suspended him, great news, particularly for anyone worrying they didn't take these matters seriously.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 13:29 - Dec 17 with 1491 viewsJimmyJazz

I think a second referendum is pointless. As you say it could end up as leave again. It could end up as remain - then what 1-1?

A second referendum would be a sign that the powers that be want to remain and need some kind of validation.

In my mind if that's what they want they should just do it (pull out of this whole Brexit) and ride out the consequences.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 13:35 - Dec 17 with 1473 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tony Blair wants a second referendum. on 13:28 - Dec 17 by monytowbray

So they've suspended him, great news, particularly for anyone worrying they didn't take these matters seriously.

Would be better if there weren't so many party officials who held such racists views but ho hum.

Rather than bore the board with this any more I can send you five of these a day if you want? Labour against antisemitism have submitted 1200 cases to the party with another 4000 ready to go.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 13:36]

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024