Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did my usual Christmas Day visit 15:33 - Dec 25 with 4706 viewshoppy

To the cemetery to say Happy Christmas and have a bit of father/son time... he’d have been 3 and a half now, so well into the whole magic of Christmas... but as usual, there were loads of people taking a moment out of the Christmas Day mayhem to visit and think of loved ones - it always moves me to see how many people this is a part of the day for. A special thought for those that are having their first Christmas without those they’ve lost this year... particular thoughts to Mrs Soap and family and to Lisa as both Joe and TLA are both very much missed on here, but obviously more so by them... so a lot of heartfelt TWTD love goes to both.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 15:37 - Dec 25 with 4657 viewsm14_blue

Great post Hoppy, hope you can still have a super Christmas.

Thoughts with everyone who has an empty chair at their table today.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 4:34]
Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 15:46 - Dec 25 with 4624 viewsUB9Blue

Respect for your post my friend.

My Dad passed away this time last year and he was a lifelong QPR supporter, this will make tomorrow quite poignant.
Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 15:47 - Dec 25 with 4618 viewsWhymarkmariner

Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 15:37 - Dec 25 by m14_blue

Great post Hoppy, hope you can still have a super Christmas.

Thoughts with everyone who has an empty chair at their table today.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 4:34]

Certainly reminds you of loved one's lost. Especially sad for those little dears that never have a life and how unfair it is that they are lost when there are people out there that have committed heinous crimes who are still walking the streets. Merry Christmas everyone and lets hope for a great 2019.
Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 16:23 - Dec 25 with 4545 viewsWestSussexBlue

Very Best Wishes at this difficult time, your first couple of lines brought a lump to my throat.
Take care Friend and light a wee candle for your son.
Kind thoughts.
Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 16:41 - Dec 25 with 4508 viewsjeera

I thought of you last night as it goes; figured you'd visit the cemetery today.

Hope you, KJ, and kids have a pleasant Xmas overall.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 17:05 - Dec 25 with 4451 viewspoppiesman

I lost my Dad in June of this year, so today has been totally crap, in fact I had fish fingers for dinner as couldn't face having a proper xmas dinner without him.
I too went up the cemetery this morning to say hello to Mum and Dad, I go once a week anyway but today was very upsetting up there, especially seeing so many other visitors there this morning also sharing the same grief as me.
Hopefully a Ipswich win tomorrow will cheer me up and Dad would had loved a blues win as well.
COME ON IPSWICH!
Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 17:13 - Dec 25 with 4426 viewsPecker

Lost my Mum this year. Can only imagine the pain of losing a child. My genuine heart felt sympathy sent to you not just on this special day, but every day.
Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 17:16 - Dec 25 with 4418 viewslinhdi

It was great to see you this morning, Hoppy. Wishing you all the best for the rest of Christmas.
Login to get fewer ads

Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 18:45 - Dec 25 with 4275 viewshoppy

Thanks to all for the kind words, and to those others that have lost folks too, I hope the day doesn’t get too much for you. Raise a glass of whatever your choice would be to them.. they will always be loved but never forgotten.
We’ve still had a good day so far.. Yasmin is very entertaining, which gives a lot of joy, but it was still good to have that quiet reflection earlier.

Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 19:43 - Dec 25 with 4169 viewsPaganBlue

Thanks so much for thinking of me, Hoppy, in the midst of your own grief. It's been a tough day, but made all the more bearable by the kindness of my lovely friends. Had a walk on the beach this morning, and scattered some of TLA's ashes - he absolutely loved a Christmas walk on the beach, so it felt right.

Wishing lots of love and peace to you, and to anyone else who is missing someone this Christmas xx
Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 19:47 - Dec 25 with 4152 viewsPJH

Great post Hoppy.

I did think that you would be paying your usual Christmas visit to your little boy..

I spent most of the day with the three grandkids who are currently called 14,12 and 7.

Enjoy the rest of your day with your family, you are one of the real good ones on here.
Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 23:53 - Dec 25 with 3927 viewscatch74

Says a lot that at such a tough time you’re thinking of others too. Thoughts with you and hope the rest of the day went well. Happy Christmas Hoppy.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 23:53 - Dec 25 with 3929 viewshoppy

Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 19:43 - Dec 25 by PaganBlue

Thanks so much for thinking of me, Hoppy, in the midst of your own grief. It's been a tough day, but made all the more bearable by the kindness of my lovely friends. Had a walk on the beach this morning, and scattered some of TLA's ashes - he absolutely loved a Christmas walk on the beach, so it felt right.

Wishing lots of love and peace to you, and to anyone else who is missing someone this Christmas xx

I’m glad you’ve got through it ok, and got to have that walk on the beach with him if that was a special thing, and scattering some of his ashes there is lovely if that was something he loved to do.

Hopefully we’ll see you soon.

Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 00:03 - Dec 26 with 3912 viewshoppy

Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 23:53 - Dec 25 by catch74

Says a lot that at such a tough time you’re thinking of others too. Thoughts with you and hope the rest of the day went well. Happy Christmas Hoppy.

Thanks. It just always brings it home, despite often visiting throughout the year, the sheer number of people that go there on Christmas Day struck me for the first time 3 years ago, and so it makes it hard not to think of others, as for many, I guess that might be the only time in the day on Christmas Day that they get out and are amongst other people too.

Hope you’re well and having a good Christmas too!

Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 01:07 - Dec 26 with 3872 viewsamdam81

Top Man x

Amdam81

Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 05:49 - Dec 26 with 3803 viewsBenters2

Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 17:13 - Dec 25 by Pecker

Lost my Mum this year. Can only imagine the pain of losing a child. My genuine heart felt sympathy sent to you not just on this special day, but every day.

Same as mate.

For a further kick in the nuts I got my checkup letter for the Big C which came through on Christmas Eve.

Perfect timing.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 6:02]
Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 06:00 - Dec 26 with 3794 viewsBenters2

Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 17:05 - Dec 25 by poppiesman

I lost my Dad in June of this year, so today has been totally crap, in fact I had fish fingers for dinner as couldn't face having a proper xmas dinner without him.
I too went up the cemetery this morning to say hello to Mum and Dad, I go once a week anyway but today was very upsetting up there, especially seeing so many other visitors there this morning also sharing the same grief as me.
Hopefully a Ipswich win tomorrow will cheer me up and Dad would had loved a blues win as well.
COME ON IPSWICH!

My place of Remembrance is Dedham both my parents grew up there,I’m not one for visiting grave stones I choose to remember them at the river.

I reckon I bike there most weeks,I go past loads of my old relatives houses always give a nod.

I didn’t feel like making a roast dinner either so didn’t.

God bless all those that had a happy but at times sad day x.
Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 08:10 - Dec 26 with 3699 viewsKeno

Hops above all the nonesense some posts just get you

Love to you, KJ and the family xx
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 9:46]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 08:28 - Dec 26 with 3672 viewsBluebell

It is certainly very emotional for people who have lost loved ones around this time of year.

My mum passed away on 28th December 7 years ago and it is still hard for me when this time of year comes. My sister's husband died on Christmas Day last year and we have all been supporting her.

Thinking of you Hoppy and KJ and everyone else who have lost loved ones.

Sending love.
Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 09:40 - Dec 26 with 3599 viewsblueislander

Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 08:28 - Dec 26 by Bluebell

It is certainly very emotional for people who have lost loved ones around this time of year.

My mum passed away on 28th December 7 years ago and it is still hard for me when this time of year comes. My sister's husband died on Christmas Day last year and we have all been supporting her.

Thinking of you Hoppy and KJ and everyone else who have lost loved ones.

Sending love.

Merry Christmas to all. We are with son and 6 month pregnant partner. They lost a baby just before Christmas last year, so this year had some poignancy amongst the joy .
Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 09:55 - Dec 26 with 3569 viewsGunnsAirkick

Lovely post hoppy.

I hope you had a great Christmas.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 9:55]
Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 10:05 - Dec 26 with 3552 viewsBloomBlue

And never stop doing what works for you.

I've been on this planet too many years and lost too many but we lost one very special loved one. For that special one my wife still writes a Birthday and Christmas card, we have a box full of unopened cards. People think my wife is insane for still writing the cards but it was the only thing that kept her going in those early years.

Keep doing what works for you
Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 14:29 - Dec 26 with 3400 viewshoppy

Did my usual Christmas Day visit on 10:05 - Dec 26 by BloomBlue

And never stop doing what works for you.

I've been on this planet too many years and lost too many but we lost one very special loved one. For that special one my wife still writes a Birthday and Christmas card, we have a box full of unopened cards. People think my wife is insane for still writing the cards but it was the only thing that kept her going in those early years.

Keep doing what works for you

We have a memory box, and always write out birthday cards for CT, so I don’t think she’s insane! As you say, whatever helps!

Right now, having been delayed on the A12, cutting it fine on the central line... 3 points would be great to take home!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024