Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RDR2: No Spoilers Please 22:46 - Dec 26 with 4584 viewsSwailsey

From those who have played both, can I play it without having played RDR1?

I know there are recap videos online.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 22:51 - Dec 26 with 4569 viewsBLUEBEAT

Yes.

You play as Arthur Morgan.

John Marston (from RDR1) is in your gang, though.

Poll: W or W

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 22:53 - Dec 26 with 4565 viewsBLUEBEAT

My only advice is don’t rush through the main story but do as many side-missions/challenges as possible and just go off and explore the scenery/make your own discoveries.

Poll: W or W

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 08:36 - Dec 27 with 4446 viewsBlueBadger

Yes. No prior knowledge needed, but there's a few nice easter eggs if you have.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 08:44 - Dec 27 with 4439 viewsSwailsey

Ah aces, thanks all. Really excited to play it.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 09:44 - Dec 27 with 4406 viewsBlueBadger

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 22:53 - Dec 26 by BLUEBEAT

My only advice is don’t rush through the main story but do as many side-missions/challenges as possible and just go off and explore the scenery/make your own discoveries.

Definitely, the amount of weird, scary or plain daft stuff you can see and discover just from spending a couple of hours mucking about in the wilds on your horse is amazing.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 10:04 - Dec 27 with 4395 viewsSwailsey

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 09:44 - Dec 27 by BlueBadger

Definitely, the amount of weird, scary or plain daft stuff you can see and discover just from spending a couple of hours mucking about in the wilds on your horse is amazing.

Ace. That’s what appeals to me. I play a lot of Fallout and open world games and the main quest is almost a distraction at times..

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 10:16 - Dec 27 with 4392 viewsSwansea_Blue

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 09:44 - Dec 27 by BlueBadger

Sounds like a tourist board advert for Norfolk

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 11:39 - Dec 27 with 4355 viewsStuartBrett8

It's a cool game but getting everywhere on a horse takes F*cking ages lol

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

Login to get fewer ads

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 11:42 - Dec 27 with 4347 viewsCoastalblue

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 11:39 - Dec 27 by StuartBrett8

It's a cool game but getting everywhere on a horse takes F*cking ages lol

Started this last night, had a couple of fun hours and just working my through the opening and learning the controls.
Are there any fast travel options available at any point?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 11:43 - Dec 27 with 4341 viewsMJallday

yes, 2 very separate games - but as others have said there are references (edit, just worth noting thats a reoccuring theme in most of rockstars games)

for me it was "ok" - not rockstars finest work - then again im heavily into ESO so i havent given RDR2 much time.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2018 11:53]

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 11:47 - Dec 27 with 4329 viewsDecoy_Octopus

Yes, you should be ok as it's set before the events of the first one I believe, though the Main character from the first one - John Marston is in it

The wife bought me this (and Battlefield V) for Christmas but due to being out and about I've not had a chance to play much of either yet so can't say what it's like yet gameplay wise, though looks amazing and if it's as good as the first one then will be really good
RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 11:58 - Dec 27 with 4311 viewsStuartBrett8

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 11:42 - Dec 27 by Coastalblue

Started this last night, had a couple of fun hours and just working my through the opening and learning the controls.

Stage coaches or trains, but they aren't available if you have a bounty on your head.

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 12:50 - Dec 27 with 4269 viewsBlueBadger

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 11:42 - Dec 27 by Coastalblue

You can unlock one when you're able to start upgrading your camp. A 'soft' fast travel is where you can set a waypoint, get your horse moving then put the camera into 'cinematic' mode and you cab do something else whilst your horse trots to where you want it to go. I wouldn't advise going too far away from the screen though, all sorts of mishaps tend to happen if you abandon things completely. Many's the time I've set off a journey, gone to put the kettle on and come back to find Arthur in the middle of a gunfight.

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 09:16 - Feb 15 with 3839 viewsCoastalblue

I realise I'm probably slow at this but now midway through Chapter 6 with a certain event looking inevitable at some point, unsure whether or not it will be before the end of the game.

I have to say that it really is a fantastic game, I got a little bored during some of the Saint Denis chapter but probably only to the point of interest I would have in other games I play.

I second what was said above, I've spent far more time doing my own thing and all of the side missions than I have on the main story and this has added a lot of fun and depth.

Strongly reccomend it to anybody who enjoys immersive RPG games, if I have a criticism it's that it's probably a bit easy, I think there has only been one point where it took me ore than a couple of goes to get through something (that was in a cave for those that have played)

Great game though and actually manages to touch the emotions as it heads toward the end, I don't know how it finishes and might be surprised yet, I hope so.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 09:28 - Feb 15 with 3811 viewsartsbossbeard

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 09:16 - Feb 15 by Coastalblue

I realise I'm probably slow at this but now midway through Chapter 6 with a certain event looking inevitable at some point, unsure whether or not it will be before the end of the game.

I have to say that it really is a fantastic game, I got a little bored during some of the Saint Denis chapter but probably only to the point of interest I would have in other games I play.

I second what was said above, I've spent far more time doing my own thing and all of the side missions than I have on the main story and this has added a lot of fun and depth.

Strongly reccomend it to anybody who enjoys immersive RPG games, if I have a criticism it's that it's probably a bit easy, I think there has only been one point where it took me ore than a couple of goes to get through something (that was in a cave for those that have played)

Great game though and actually manages to touch the emotions as it heads toward the end, I don't know how it finishes and might be surprised yet, I hope so.

I spent 3hrs playing poker on my last session.

3 fecking hours.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 11:47 - Feb 15 with 3755 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's on offer on the PS store now - at least £20 off for the basic game (you can still probably get it cheaper in hard copy though)

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 11:54 - Feb 15 with 3742 viewsuefacup81

Top tip - build a good relationship with your horse.

Those who've played through already will know what I'm on about...

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 12:26 - Feb 15 with 3707 viewsChampionship

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 11:54 - Feb 15 by uefacup81

Top tip - build a good relationship with your horse.

Those who've played through already will know what I'm on about...

Damn equine flu.
RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 12:32 - Feb 15 with 3700 viewsSuperblue95

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 09:16 - Feb 15 by Coastalblue

Not as slow as me, I’m still slogging my way through Chapter 4. I’ve done a tonne of wandering around though and all available side missions (that I’m aware of)

Cracking game, so easy to spend hours at a time playing without getting bored

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 13:50 - Feb 15 with 3659 viewsCoastalblue

RDR2: No Spoilers Please on 12:32 - Feb 15 by Superblue95

Not as slow as me, I’m still slogging my way through Chapter 4. I’ve done a tonne of wandering around though and all available side missions (that I’m aware of)

Cracking game, so easy to spend hours at a time playing without getting bored

I thik you're doing the right thing, I actually wish I wasn't quite as far through as I am. Those times when I forced myself to go progress the story, I wish maybe I hadn't now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024