Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst’s signings have ruined us. 16:42 - Jan 5 with 3876 viewsSwailsey

Regardless of whether ME should have vetoed them, Hurst has f**ked us over.

I dislike him more than Keane and PJ combined.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 16:42 - Jan 5 with 3348 viewswkj

I agree 2000%

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 16:43 - Jan 5 with 3336 viewsSpruceMoose

He's turned us into an utter, embarrassing shambles.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 16:44 - Jan 5 with 3292 viewsjas0999

... yet again though Evans freed up around half of what he raked in. Not good enough at this level.

That said, yes, Hurst was simply terrible. But, ME decided to go for him without really considering anyone else. The owner appointed him. He must therefore take a large chunk of the blame.
Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 16:45 - Jan 5 with 3268 viewsballycastle

Lambert continues to play the footballing embarrassment that is Spence. What the hell is going on?
Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 16:49 - Jan 5 with 3174 viewsdavblue

It’s not just the players he’s brought in but the type/style. There looks to be zero thought that’s gone into how we will play with them.
Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 16:50 - Jan 5 with 3151 viewsBackToRussia

It is impossible to disagree with this.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 16:54 - Jan 5 with 3080 viewsTrequartista

They are good enough to beat Accrington Stanley though. This one is more down to Lambert, who like McCarthy, is not interested in the FA Cup

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 16:56 - Jan 5 with 3026 viewsSwailsey

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 16:54 - Jan 5 by Trequartista

They are good enough to beat Accrington Stanley though. This one is more down to Lambert, who like McCarthy, is not interested in the FA Cup

Are they though? Genuine question.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Login to get fewer ads

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 16:56 - Jan 5 with 3019 viewsgordon

This. Even Edwards is looking really really poor now. Although Nsiala did have a decent game.
Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 16:58 - Jan 5 with 2978 viewsgordon

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 16:56 - Jan 5 by Swailsey

Billy Kee scored loads more goals than Kayden Jackson last year, for example.
Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 16:59 - Jan 5 with 2953 viewsTrequartista

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 16:56 - Jan 5 by Swailsey

Well we took 2 of their star players, yes they are not good enough for the Championship, but should be beating Accrington Stanley.

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 17:01 - Jan 5 with 2913 viewsBackToRussia

We'll see next season I suppose.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 17:02 - Jan 5 with 2889 viewsSwailsey

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 16:59 - Jan 5 by Trequartista

Well we took 2 of their star players, yes they are not good enough for the Championship, but should be beating Accrington Stanley.

One of whom didn’t play but I do take your point.

We narrowly lost to a L1 side - which, given our players and a lot of their background, seems about right.

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 17:04 - Jan 5 with 2871 viewsPique

Not sure about that. I think Lambert was up for it, he just a) got the tactics a bit wrong today and b) has a group of players who aren’t that much better than AS have.
Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 17:07 - Jan 5 with 2833 viewsgordon

Not sure there's really much reason to think we should be beating Accrington away, think we'd be roundabout upper mid-table of League One with current squad, probably a couple of places above them.
Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 17:12 - Jan 5 with 2789 viewsPique

I have a friend who’s a Stanley fan. Loves Jackson, but was very surprised we took Donacien.

Basically, I think we took one of their stars.
Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 17:12 - Jan 5 with 2784 viewsMoriarty

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 16:44 - Jan 5 by jas0999

... yet again though Evans freed up around half of what he raked in. Not good enough at this level.

That said, yes, Hurst was simply terrible. But, ME decided to go for him without really considering anyone else. The owner appointed him. He must therefore take a large chunk of the blame.

ME wanted Mick to stay. The toxic atmosphere generated by supporters who wanted otherwise put that to bed. Mick, who is a thoroughbred decent skin was called a paedo and subjected to disgusting and gross personal abuse.

Many supporters and members of this forum are now suffering from amnesia. The calls for a young and upcoming manager were from the supporters and there were many on here who even said they welcomed the change and accepted the risks.

Hurst completely undermined the caliber of player we have. It is his fault we are where we are. Evans hired him to do a job and signed the players he wanted.

Someone asked me during the week why I followed Ipswich as their supporters were a bunch of so and sos. You’d probably wet yourself if I told you who they work closely with. 🏇 is your hint.

We’re a disjointed mess from top to bottom as a club. Lambert will do his best. I’ll back him. But the person I know who is closest to club wanted GB, as indeed I did, for reasons not considered by quite a few on here.

fka omuircheartaigh

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 17:13 - Jan 5 with 2757 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Keane was unpleasant. I actually have little dislike for Jewell. He did ok to start with for us bjt obviously mistakes were made and he failed us. At least he cared and was trting to do the right things. Hurst just took stupid stupid gambles. He potentially gambled the whole club on sporadic lower league signings hoping a few of them would turn out to be gems. Completely reckless and he has destroyed us so quickly. Say what you will against Mick, he did care. He always put the club first and took the stick on himself. It of course got ugly and the football was not good and aa much as i thought he had done a great job it was too sour with too many fans for him to stay. Hurst was the biggest disaster this club could have had. Lambert is left with an awful squad, has had little luck but results are poor at the end of the day. We cant keep swapping the manager now though. Seen enough in Lambert to draw a line and say we're going to build again and trust him to do it from L1 next year.awful awful times this.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 17:13 - Jan 5 with 2757 views44_not_out

That pathetic banner that was draped from the SBR upper should be publicly burned.

Paul Hurst has ruined this club...... so sad.
Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 17:14 - Jan 5 with 2748 viewsTrequartista

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 17:04 - Jan 5 by Pique

Not sure about that. I think Lambert was up for it, he just a) got the tactics a bit wrong today and b) has a group of players who aren’t that much better than AS have.

The one player you don't drop if you want to win a cup battle is Chambers

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 17:16 - Jan 5 with 2721 viewsTrequartista

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 17:01 - Jan 5 by BackToRussia

We'll see next season I suppose.

It's still just possible we won't be playing them next season

i believe they are in with a play-off shout.

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 17:17 - Jan 5 with 2712 viewsPique

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 17:14 - Jan 5 by Trequartista

The one player you don't drop if you want to win a cup battle is Chambers

I was talking more about Jackson as the main striker, but yeah, would agree with that too.
Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 17:24 - Jan 5 with 2630 viewsblueislander

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 17:13 - Jan 5 by 44_not_out

That pathetic banner that was draped from the SBR upper should be publicly burned.

Paul Hurst has ruined this club...... so sad.

Yes. The appointment of Hurst was a disaster for which Evans must take the blame, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. There were very few dissenting voices on here when he was appointed. We know that Evans has no great knowledge of football, so it is quite logical that he would back his new appointee.
Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 17:28 - Jan 5 with 2601 viewsMoriarty

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 17:24 - Jan 5 by blueislander

Yes. The appointment of Hurst was a disaster for which Evans must take the blame, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. There were very few dissenting voices on here when he was appointed. We know that Evans has no great knowledge of football, so it is quite logical that he would back his new appointee.

Was it the supporters or ME who wanted Mick out?

fka omuircheartaigh

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 17:31 - Jan 5 with 2579 views44_not_out

Hurst’s signings have ruined us. on 17:24 - Jan 5 by blueislander

Personally, I never liked the bloke from day one. He talked a load of BS and had nothing to back it up. Whether I was in the minority, who knows.

But then again, I never had a problem with MM..... tin hat at the ready 🤦🏼‍♂️
[Post edited 5 Jan 2019 17:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024