Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) 18:44 - Jan 5 with 17193 viewsblueysbackside

If we are serious about getting rid of the owner, then action is demanded. This could be in the form of a protest. In the predicament that we are in, I'd suggest going on to the pitch after one home game and demanding the exit of Evans. I for one don't want to to see him go but there comes a time when change is required at the very top. And now is the time.

Gavin....you have a role to play here even though you are a journalist. You can help force a change for the good of a club we all love.

Local journos Stuart Watson and Andy Warren should also be contacted. I've asked them in the past to do an Evans, Enough Is Enough double-page spread. They haven't felt the need to go to such lengths. Perhaps now they will if enough of us tweet/contact them.

If we are serious about change, then we need to do more then vent our spleen here. I'd be quite happy to contact Stuart and Andy again and tell them we - as a group of fans - are in the process of arranging a protest after a forthcoming game.

Is that what everyone wants? Thoughts please.

Gav, what do you think?

I've written this with my hands shaking...I am so sorry with the way things have turned out at the club I have loved for 40 or so years. It brings a tear to the eye. It's got to the point where I doubt I'll ever bring my kids to PR.
if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 18:46 - Jan 5 with 4960 viewsgibbsm1

Wind up?
if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 18:47 - Jan 5 with 4950 viewsbontcho

Charlton are an example here (far worse owners). Get games stopped by chucking things on the pitch etc.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 18:49 - Jan 5 with 4921 viewseireblue

Well,........that’s one way to really stick it to Phil.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2019 18:50]
if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 18:56 - Jan 5 with 4872 viewsFixed_It

My thoughts are this. We are not down yet - and whilst we still have a chance we need to get behind the team. Any such demonstration would be a masive distraction to the task in hand. I also don't know what it would achieve. If Evans pulls the plug we are even more royally screwed than we are now.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2019 19:08]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 18:58 - Jan 5 with 4836 viewsJ2BLUE

No ITFC journalist is going to go for this. The Star said no, probably because they want no part of this.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:01 - Jan 5 with 4811 viewsTendring_Blue

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 18:56 - Jan 5 by Fixed_It

My thoughts are this. We are not down yet - and whilst we still have a chance we need to get behind the team. Any such demonstration would be a masive distraction to the task in hand. I also don't know what it would achieve. If Evans pulls the plug we are even more royally screwed than we are now.

If we are relegated, a protest akin to Charlton would just publicise the discontent with Evans. At the moment the press don't seem to realise the disconnect. I think it would be a good thing.

But whilst we still have a chance we must back our team.
if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:07 - Jan 5 with 4778 viewsRyorry

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 18:56 - Jan 5 by Fixed_It

Why would a demo be a massive distraction? Would last for, what, 15 mins before one game?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:07 - Jan 5 with 4782 viewsGavTWTD

I’ll let others comment here. I’m not the site’s journalist but a programmer.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Login to get fewer ads

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:10 - Jan 5 with 4739 viewsFixed_It

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:07 - Jan 5 by GavTWTD

And no doubt too busy working on the latest update...

Ready! Steady! Cook!

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:10 - Jan 5 with 4727 viewsJ2BLUE

Yea Gav just programs all the pro Evans bots.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:10 - Jan 5 with 4727 viewsRyorry

You're gonna let Mark say something?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:11 - Jan 5 with 4719 viewsFixed_It

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:07 - Jan 5 by Ryorry

Why would a demo be a massive distraction? Would last for, what, 15 mins before one game?

Really? You think that would help the team prepare/focus?

Ready! Steady! Cook!

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:15 - Jan 5 with 4679 viewsBasingstokeBlue

1. Gav's not the journalist - Phil is.

2. Encroachment on the pitch is an offence, leading (likely) to a ban from the stadium and, possibly, arrest.

The best you can hope for is protests outside the ground or vocally (perhaps with banners) from the stands.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:15 - Jan 5 with 4676 viewsblueysbackside

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:11 - Jan 5 by Fixed_It

Really? You think that would help the team prepare/focus?

I don't think a protest will affect the team in our near impossible task to stay up. But I did suggest AFTER a game to limit the impact on the players. I recall the days of John Duncan and even further back. If you do nothing but sit on your arse and moan, don't expect things to change quickly. I, for one, have had enough and I'm just searching for a way out of this blind alley under Evans.
if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:16 - Jan 5 with 4664 viewsblueysbackside

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:15 - Jan 5 by BasingstokeBlue

1. Gav's not the journalist - Phil is.

2. Encroachment on the pitch is an offence, leading (likely) to a ban from the stadium and, possibly, arrest.

The best you can hope for is protests outside the ground or vocally (perhaps with banners) from the stands.

1) Yes, apologies but thanks for telling me!
2) I couldn't care less. Remember the Bolton play off win?
if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:16 - Jan 5 with 4661 viewsBurwell_Blue

Nob-end.
if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:16 - Jan 5 with 4662 viewsgtsb

I know nothing about running a company let alone a football club yet I do know that football is far removed from the time we were regarded a big hitter in British football and I do know that we need someone to keep us afloat. If our current owner is willing to sell, and we all know he is, then finding a buyer is seemingly an impossible task at the moment. Therefore the fact he keeps us afloat is the reason we shouldn't be hounding him out. Just my opinion.
if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:17 - Jan 5 with 4643 viewsBurwell_Blue

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:10 - Jan 5 by Fixed_It

The App from 2012 is imminent, I can feel it.
if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:17 - Jan 5 with 4643 viewsGuthrum

Not decrying your call for a protest, but how, in practical terms, do fans actually force an owner out? Where is our leverage?

Charlton, Newcastle and West Ham - plus especially Blackpool - all show how easy it is for them to just tough it out. Even a boycott, in that last case, has made no difference so far. A little bit of bad publicity doesn't hurt that much. We don't pay enough of the bills to insist upon anything.

In modern football, the owner is king and the fans "customers".

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:18 - Jan 5 with 4628 viewsGavTWTD

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:10 - Jan 5 by Fixed_It

No, eating pizza.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:18 - Jan 5 with 4616 viewsCheltenham_Blue

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:16 - Jan 5 by Burwell_Blue

Nob-end.

Ah the insults are out. Well played sir.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:19 - Jan 5 with 4603 viewsMalcolmBlue

Gav this was your "I'm Spartacus" moment and instead you chose to go with "I'm just a programmer"

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:20 - Jan 5 with 4578 viewsGavTWTD

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:19 - Jan 5 by MalcolmBlue

Gav this was your "I'm Spartacus" moment and instead you chose to go with "I'm just a programmer"

Yeah, but pizza?

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:22 - Jan 5 with 4562 viewsblueysbackside

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:17 - Jan 5 by Guthrum

Not decrying your call for a protest, but how, in practical terms, do fans actually force an owner out? Where is our leverage?

Charlton, Newcastle and West Ham - plus especially Blackpool - all show how easy it is for them to just tough it out. Even a boycott, in that last case, has made no difference so far. A little bit of bad publicity doesn't hurt that much. We don't pay enough of the bills to insist upon anything.

In modern football, the owner is king and the fans "customers".

Don't buy any club merchandise.
Don't buy anything at half time.
Go to games late.
Protest during and after games.
He will soon go.
if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:23 - Jan 5 with 4554 viewsblueysbackside

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) on 19:16 - Jan 5 by Burwell_Blue

Nob-end.

thanks. do nothing then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024