Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
nowhere near good enough 17:17 - Jan 12 with 5197 viewspositivity

fantastic to get the win, but play like that all season and we'll probably not win again!

however our confidence is shot and this may be the spark we need ?!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

nowhere near good enough on 18:03 - Jan 12 with 1194 viewsRamRob

nowhere near good enough on 17:52 - Jan 12 by Ryorry

I dream of the day when we can go 3-0 up and don't have to be so anxious, can relax a bit more!

I gather the formation was rather different today, not just 1 up front? (didn't see any of it). Anyway, if we can get a better attacking formation & stike rate out of our new signings, that should help reduce pressure at the back, fingers crossed.

Started 4231 then changed to 433 with wingers very wide, dropped Keane into midfield until quaner went off for downes

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

nowhere near good enough on 18:03 - Jan 12 with 1194 views3_5_2

nowhere near good enough on 17:19 - Jan 12 by Oxford_Blue

Unfair. First half we played well.

Second half they panicked, which is understandable given their confidence is shot.

The new lads haven’t played much football so inevitable they would fade.

As you say it’s about confidence.

This

Given the small amount of football our new signings have played, as well as the lack of training together, it is to be expected they would fade The inability to keep the ball second half was stunningly poor but a gutsy defensive performance (plus yet another inept ref) got the points

Collins was immense

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

nowhere near good enough on 18:04 - Jan 12 with 1189 viewsBackToRussia

We've been playing much worse all season! What a weird post.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

nowhere near good enough on 18:04 - Jan 12 with 1189 viewsJohnny_Boy

We dominated them earlier in the season, should have won by 3 goals, yet left Rotherham with zero points & a 1-0 defeat.

So I don't quite understand your point.
nowhere near good enough on 18:06 - Jan 12 with 1184 viewsSteve_M

At this point the win is pretty much all that matters.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

nowhere near good enough on 18:07 - Jan 12 with 1181 viewsRyorry

nowhere near good enough on 18:03 - Jan 12 by RamRob

Started 4231 then changed to 433 with wingers very wide, dropped Keane into midfield until quaner went off for downes

Cheers RR.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

nowhere near good enough on 18:53 - Jan 12 with 1129 views44_not_out

nowhere near good enough on 17:21 - Jan 12 by positivity

c'mon we're 7 points adrift in one of the worst championships ever, and i STILL ended on a positive!

what do you want? blood?!

seriously, if you've been hanging around 20 years, you'll have seen more positivity from me than most; times are dark at the moment though!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 17:22]

I’m convinced people like you thrive when we are doing well and resent it when we win. I’m not totally sure of it’s meaning but I think some would refer to you as a ‘melt’.

I’m fairly sure we should be enjoying the win and staying positive, eh Positivity.
nowhere near good enough on 21:09 - Jan 12 with 1096 viewspositivity

nowhere near good enough on 18:53 - Jan 12 by 44_not_out

I’m convinced people like you thrive when we are doing well and resent it when we win. I’m not totally sure of it’s meaning but I think some would refer to you as a ‘melt’.

I’m fairly sure we should be enjoying the win and staying positive, eh Positivity.

i thrive when we do well, you're correct about that, i don't resent it when we win though, that's crazy!

if you read the post, i said play like that for the rest of the season and we won't make up the 7 points difference, HOWEVER it was understandable given the confidence and it might just be a turning point.

if people can't take a bit of constructive criticism, that person is often known as a snowflake. personally i think it's a bit of a negative comment, so wouldn't use it myself!

let's just enjoy the win for tonight!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Login to get fewer ads

nowhere near good enough on 21:28 - Jan 12 with 1084 viewsMelford

nowhere near good enough on 17:37 - Jan 12 by Ryorry

Collins indeed just the experienced defender we needed then :)

The new De Vos. Calm, assured, read the game and was always in the right place without breaking sweat. If Harry Maguire's head was a breezeblock during the World Cup, James Collins head today was the Berlin and Hadrian's wall combined. Trump should sign him up to stand on the border to head away the Mexicans.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

nowhere near good enough on 21:37 - Jan 12 with 1070 viewsNthsuffolkblue

nowhere near good enough on 17:48 - Jan 12 by GavTWTD

Let's enjoy the win, get the new players fully match fit, get them used to a new way of playing and their teammates' names, and for existing players to learn how to get the best out of the new players, and for a new right back to come in and do all of the above.

edit: oh and the small matter of getting Huws back into the team. My glass will be half full this evening.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 18:20]

If Huws can get fit and stay fit and we sign Judge and he is anything close to the player he once was … things will be very much on the up.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

nowhere near good enough on 00:12 - Jan 13 with 1017 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

nowhere near good enough on 17:30 - Jan 12 by suffolkpoker

About time we have a poor half and still win

That reversed the score line at there place.
nowhere near good enough on 05:02 - Jan 13 with 995 viewsreadtheleaguetable

nowhere near good enough on 17:32 - Jan 12 by positivity

sorry ryorry, it was great and all, but i have this annoying ability to read league tables and a dread of seeing my club in the third tier!

will try and live in the moment more!

Hey , Positivity. I AM the ONE who can read league tables!

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

nowhere near good enough on 08:46 - Jan 13 with 959 viewsArnieM

OP: Sorry, but I totally disagree with ....

Defence/ defending shouldn’t be a dirty word. I see comments stating how “ poor we were in the second half” ...... REALLY????

The great Liverpool sides of the 70’s and 80’s was built on the bank of having outstanding defensive qualities . So why not Ipswich?

This is exactly what we have been crying out for since I don’t know when. A Town side that can DEFEND, and by Christ we did against the Millers . It didn’t matter what they threw at us, or how many free kicks on the edge of our area ( few were actual fouls !) and an area which usually proves to be our Achilles heel , our back four held strong .

I’d say there’s everything to be proud of today. We had one shot in goal , and scored then defended like bloody gladiators. If we do this in more games this season the Town WILL stay up !

Let’s make some MORE NOISE for the TRACTOR- BOYS......
“ Every Saturday we follow...”

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

nowhere near good enough on 08:59 - Jan 13 with 946 viewsFreddy

nowhere near good enough on 18:06 - Jan 12 by Steve_M

At this point the win is pretty much all that matters.

This
nowhere near good enough on 10:08 - Jan 13 with 923 viewspointofblue

I think the OP is getting a lot of unfair stick on here considering the standard of the second half. If we play like that against Blackburn and Villa we’ll get our backsides handed to us on a plate as they have strikers who are far better at movement and finishing than Rotherham, no matter if we do have rocks at the back. Lambert said Rotherham would be facing a different team than in August, like he predicted before the QPR game, and in both cases he was right but only because we were worse.

Yes, we have a lot of new faces to get up to match fitness and used to playing with the other members of the squad and we need this to happen fast. I’ll take the fluke result yesterday considering they did the same to us at their place which may have helped shape our season for the worse but this is the biggest week in Town’s recent history, in continuing to strengthen the squad plus improving the match fitness and togetherness of the newcomers. We can get out of this but we need to improve performance wise and quickly.

(Prepares for down arrows)

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024