Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... 20:43 - Jan 14 with 6483 viewsMrTown

Whilst my biggest gripe has really been about ticket pricing and I think Saturday showed why a restructure would be positive for Evans, I understand why his ticket price is how it is.

However, many have said about how the League 1 and 2 players just haven’t been good enough and a fair bit of money was spent.

But Evans and Lambert have recently started bringing this club back to where it should be! The positivity around the place is brilliant and I’m loving matchdays again. And a massive thank you needs to go to Evans and Lambert for that, the business that has been done hasn’t all been to me personal preference, but then again, the others I think are great business!

Massive gratitude to Evans and Lambert for restoring the love for the club again.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 09:19 - Jan 15 with 1138 viewsSwansea_Blue

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 20:48 - Jan 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

Anyone who thinks ME wants anything other than the best for the club is deluded.

The fact he has got it so badly wrong so many times will have hurt him as much as us (financially far more even if he can afford it).

yeah, I'm sure he's got the best intentions and I don't think that's ever been in doubt and he's generous in covering the funding gap. He's just not been very good at running us. It's as simple as that. Better this than having a nutjob run us, but the end result to the football team is going to be similar.

A brief uplift in mood after a few signings and a scraped win against relegation rivals isn't going to change anything. IF we can survive this season and start to see some upwards progress next year, then we can reassess whether 10 years of mediocrity may be coming to an end. But it isn't' yet.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 09:22 - Jan 15 with 1133 viewsMrTown

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 08:35 - Jan 15 by wkj

I think the scepticism is warranted; Evans has quite a way to go until trust is restored in him, pure and simple. Gushing praise on him is not where we are with him right now, but praising a step in the right direction, which this all seems to be, it an entirely different consideration.

Not quite pure and simple. More people opinion whether they trust the man. But this thread is about thanking the man. Doing a lot for the club when you sit back, shouldn’t be taken for granted.

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 09:27 - Jan 15 with 1127 viewsHerbivore

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 09:12 - Jan 15 by Stewart27

Sorry but I’m not going to thank the man who is on the brink of running this club into the third tier for the first time in 60 odd years. We’ve just beaten Rotherham 1-0 after being outplayed and are 7 points adrift.

Don’t get me wrong I absolutely loved the feel good factor of that win, the part the amazing fans played in it and also what Lambert is trying to do now for the club. I really feel that we are in good hands on the pitch. We need to keep him at all costs.

But Evans - no chance. We’re stuck with him I’m afraid.

I don't think we're stuck with him. I have a feeling, and it's just a feeling, that if Lambert somehow keeps us up and stays that ME might sell up in the summer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 09:41 - Jan 15 with 1112 viewsbobbyramsey

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 09:27 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

I don't think we're stuck with him. I have a feeling, and it's just a feeling, that if Lambert somehow keeps us up and stays that ME might sell up in the summer.

I would thank him if he sold up......and not a minute before.

Unless he does a massive U-turn and starts investing properly.
Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 09:42 - Jan 15 with 1109 viewswkj

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 09:22 - Jan 15 by MrTown

Not quite pure and simple. More people opinion whether they trust the man. But this thread is about thanking the man. Doing a lot for the club when you sit back, shouldn’t be taken for granted.

I think myself and other sceptics here prefer the idea of giving thanks when there is an end product to be thankful of, or at least a stable hitching post.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 09:43 - Jan 15 with 1106 viewsHerbivore

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 09:41 - Jan 15 by bobbyramsey

I would thank him if he sold up......and not a minute before.

Unless he does a massive U-turn and starts investing properly.

What level of investment would you consider to be proper?

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 09:45 - Jan 15 with 1101 viewsMrTown

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 09:42 - Jan 15 by wkj

I think myself and other sceptics here prefer the idea of giving thanks when there is an end product to be thankful of, or at least a stable hitching post.

We were stable under Mick but no one was happy?

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 09:47 - Jan 15 with 1098 viewsMrTown

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 09:27 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

I do think a sale is on the horizon in the nearer future than the latter. But I've always read that Evans' daughter is a big Ipswich lover and wants to take it over at some point. Or have I read that wrong somewhere?

Login to get fewer ads

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 09:47 - Jan 15 with 1095 viewswkj

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 09:45 - Jan 15 by MrTown

We were stable under Mick but no one was happy?

January 2015 - this is why people became unhappy with ME under Mick's reign

And this is when our stability started to falter, not just that season, but the following seasons too.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 9:50]

Crybaby

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 11:08 - Jan 15 with 1060 viewsFrimleyBlue

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 20:55 - Jan 14 by braveblue

Lambert has made a great difference. Really don’t see why Evans should be thanked. Minimal investment as usual and after 12 years he has managed to bring us down to where we are now. Would love to see him get out with a whopping great loss.

So, giving hurst between 8 and 9 mill is under investing?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 11:12 - Jan 15 with 1052 viewsHerbivore

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 11:08 - Jan 15 by FrimleyBlue

So, giving hurst between 8 and 9 mill is under investing?

It was more like £6m to £7m. And we'd brought in over £10m in the summer. Lambert has had decent backing though to get this number of players in this quickly and with some proven quality in there.

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 11:18 - Jan 15 with 1041 viewsFrimleyBlue

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 11:12 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

It was more like £6m to £7m. And we'd brought in over £10m in the summer. Lambert has had decent backing though to get this number of players in this quickly and with some proven quality in there.

Yeah so he invested the money made from player sales to purchase players. Which is the minimum people have said he never did, so for me he's did the right thing. Just a shame it was spent badly

Now we're seeing how funds can be used wisely again

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 13:03 - Jan 15 with 1005 viewsMrTown

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 11:18 - Jan 15 by FrimleyBlue

Yeah so he invested the money made from player sales to purchase players. Which is the minimum people have said he never did, so for me he's did the right thing. Just a shame it was spent badly

Now we're seeing how funds can be used wisely again

Agree with Frimmers, money was reinvested. Just was spent ridiculously.

Under MM you could say money wasn't reinvested in terms of sales for sales. Mings and Murphy. I think if MM had the £10m from them 2 sales to spend we would be top 8.

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 13:07 - Jan 15 with 1002 viewswkj

Big apologises to to Marcus Evans... on 13:03 - Jan 15 by MrTown

Agree with Frimmers, money was reinvested. Just was spent ridiculously.

Under MM you could say money wasn't reinvested in terms of sales for sales. Mings and Murphy. I think if MM had the £10m from them 2 sales to spend we would be top 8.

money was reinvested. Just was spent ridiculously.

When you are a CEO/Owner/Chairman/General etc

It is your responsibility to have people in place, or personally make sure that "Ridiculously" does not happen- more reason why I am waiting for an end product from this five-point plan before I am willing to gush love letters at him.

I don't question your intentions here, they seem lovely, I just think he's get a lot of bridges to re-build before I/We should get too won over.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 13:21]

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024