Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something 08:55 - Feb 21 with 3198 viewsgiant_stow

They're desperate to get and have been desperate for for a long time? No idea what's right/wrong - he's only just started wanting stuff (an arsenal coat)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something on 12:42 - Feb 21 with 830 viewsGeoffSentence

Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something on 10:03 - Feb 21 by factual_blue

I'll e-mail him the details if you like.

(It's currently 156-11 by the way in Town's favour)

To make it more palatable to Ulla, he could instead research the number of England caps won by Norwich players versus the number of England caps won by Russell Osman.

That's a draw by the way.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

on 12:59 - Feb 21 with 811 views_

Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something on 13:05 - Feb 21 with 788 viewsgiant_stow

Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something on 12:42 - Feb 21 by GeoffSentence

To make it more palatable to Ulla, he could instead research the number of England caps won by Norwich players versus the number of England caps won by Russell Osman.

That's a draw by the way.

I don;t like the way this thread is working out. brutes.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something on 13:07 - Feb 21 with 781 viewsgiant_stow

Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something on 10:16 - Feb 21 by chicoazul

I am conflicted on this having been in similar situations in the past. It's important that kids learn about money but I dont think its important that they learn about it at 5. I would either say yes and buy the coat, or no. Dont tell him no because we cant afford it or whatever as that can in turn make the little man worry about money, just say no.

Kids have enough on their plate without either worrying about money or worrying about earning money to buy stuff when they are only 5. I have always find they respond best to binary answers of yes or no, you dont have to explain yourself to a 5yo.

plus 1 to the not wanting them to worry about money thing. He'll have enough of that down the line.

Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something on 13:07 - Feb 21 with 779 viewsChampionship

Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something on 13:05 - Feb 21 by giant_stow

I don;t like the way this thread is working out. brutes.

You've ignored my brilliant advice so you can foxtrot oscar.
Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something on 13:19 - Feb 21 with 767 viewsgiant_stow

Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something on 13:07 - Feb 21 by Championship

You've ignored my brilliant advice so you can foxtrot oscar.

My apologies - you were right about showing allegiance, but he already has an Arsenal shirt and scarf - I should have said. He's just fixated on this bludy coat.

Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something on 13:20 - Feb 21 with 762 viewsChampionship

Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something on 13:19 - Feb 21 by giant_stow

My apologies - you were right about showing allegiance, but he already has an Arsenal shirt and scarf - I should have said. He's just fixated on this bludy coat.

I see. You've failed as a parent if he isn't a Town fan.
Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something on 13:23 - Feb 21 with 762 viewsReuser_is_God

on 12:59 - Feb 21 by _

Indeed.

I was never given 'pocket money' as my parents funded me playing football, cricket, tennis & golf throughout my childhood & teenage years so was never able to save for big things like games consoles & season tickets so they were always birthday or Christmas presents, which is all I ever really wanted for those occasions anyway.

My £13 a week paper round money used to fund my away games.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something on 13:30 - Feb 21 with 749 viewsKieran_Knows

Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something on 13:23 - Feb 21 by Reuser_is_God

Indeed.

I was never given 'pocket money' as my parents funded me playing football, cricket, tennis & golf throughout my childhood & teenage years so was never able to save for big things like games consoles & season tickets so they were always birthday or Christmas presents, which is all I ever really wanted for those occasions anyway.

My £13 a week paper round money used to fund my away games.

This. Was in the same boat other than my Nana and Grandad used to give me a £1 pocket money every other time I saw (usually week - 2 weeks).

I'm also thankful to my parents for making me save money as soon as I left school and got my apprenticeship as otherwise I doubt I'd have the nice house that I now own because of it (did have 9 years to save mind).

EDIT - but obviously I'm talking years ahead of Ulla, although I would still say it's good practice.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 13:31]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something on 13:46 - Feb 21 with 737 viewsChampionship

Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something on 13:30 - Feb 21 by Kieran_Knows

This. Was in the same boat other than my Nana and Grandad used to give me a £1 pocket money every other time I saw (usually week - 2 weeks).

I'm also thankful to my parents for making me save money as soon as I left school and got my apprenticeship as otherwise I doubt I'd have the nice house that I now own because of it (did have 9 years to save mind).

EDIT - but obviously I'm talking years ahead of Ulla, although I would still say it's good practice.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 13:31]

My mate used to get £60 a week off his nan. His parents had no idea. Naturally he wasted it. He would offer you £30 for a rare Pokemon card he didn't have and spent loads on random crap.
Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something on 13:52 - Feb 21 with 730 viewsfooters

on 12:59 - Feb 21 by _

Don't care how much he'd pay me, I'd never handle my old man's wood.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something on 13:54 - Feb 21 with 727 viewsKieran_Knows

Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something on 13:46 - Feb 21 by Championship

My mate used to get £60 a week off his nan. His parents had no idea. Naturally he wasted it. He would offer you £30 for a rare Pokemon card he didn't have and spent loads on random crap.

Ridiculous.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something on 13:58 - Feb 21 with 717 viewsChampionship

Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something on 13:54 - Feb 21 by Kieran_Knows

Ridiculous.

It was. He was about 16. I was a year younger. I think he felt he had to spend it so his parents didn't find out which just made him even more wasteful.
Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something on 14:21 - Feb 21 with 703 viewshoppy

Parents:do you make your kids chip in with savings for something on 09:09 - Feb 21 by giant_stow

Hes old enough to wind me up about supporting Ipswich, the little toad!

It’s respect he needs to learn. Tell him however much he tries to wind you up about it, if you want to support Ipswich, that’s up to you...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024