Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Look at me 13:47 - Feb 21 with 2856 viewsBrixtonBlue

One year without alcohol today

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Look at me on 15:28 - Feb 21 with 1194 viewsRyorry

Look at me on 13:58 - Feb 21 by BrixtonBlue

Still not sure. Gonna have a drink in Scotland as discussed on here previously (most remote pub on UK mainland) but then I don't know after that. It's been great. My life has improved dramatically, so not sure why I'd go back to it.

Very well done 👏🏻

I suspect it's actually easier to give up totally than drink moderately, because going total means you don't even have the opportunity to think about or get tempted into "just one more" - it's an instantaneous flat "no" no-brainer.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Look at me on 15:39 - Feb 21 with 1173 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Well done.
Apart from 2 pints of Guinness in Belfast a few weeks back (it would have been rude not to), it will be 5 months without on March 3rd.
I,ve put on a stone though.
I have a very nice bottle of Rioja staring at me across the dining room which will be consumed when relegation is confirmed to commiserate,.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Look at me on 15:57 - Feb 21 with 1134 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Congrats.

Genuine question, are you an alcoholic, or just a lifestyle choice?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Look at me on 15:59 - Feb 21 with 1131 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Look at me on 15:07 - Feb 21 by GlasgowBlue

I found the first three weeks the hardest. But I think I have an addictive personality as I can't just have a bottle of beer or a glass of wine. Just as well I never tried drugs.

I drink, but like you, one of the reasons I decided never to try drugs was that I know I have an addictive personality.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Look at me on 16:40 - Feb 21 with 1091 viewsBrixtonBlue

Look at me on 14:47 - Feb 21 by Superfrans

Congratulations, that's great. Have you lost weight, do you think?

I've cut down dramatically too over the past 3/4 months (no mean feat given its been Christmas, and my birthday) and feel similarly good. A bit of intake management and a bit of exercise and I've lost more than 10 kgs in about two months.

A bit. I'm definitely thinner in the face having looked at a photo from when I started the challenge!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Look at me on 16:42 - Feb 21 with 1086 viewsBrixtonBlue

Look at me on 15:57 - Feb 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

Congrats.

Genuine question, are you an alcoholic, or just a lifestyle choice?

I don't reckon I'm an alcoholic, more a problem drinker. Probably a fine line. But giving up for a year has been easier than I expected.

Look at me on 17:00 - Feb 21 with 1059 viewsSwansea_Blue

Look at me on 14:26 - Feb 21 by GlasgowBlue

Since August I've slipped in the shower, pulled my hamstring (twice) and now have a hernia.

I was doing twenty miles a week and now I do nothing. You can see why footballers get fat as soon as they stop playing as they will consume the same calories but don't bother to work it off.

Once I have the hernia op it's a minimum two months no workouts.

Good effort that. Might as well get your money’s worth out of the NHS while we still have it!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Look at me on 17:21 - Feb 21 with 1036 viewsjeera

Look at me on 15:39 - Feb 21 by StochesStotasBlewe

Well done.
Apart from 2 pints of Guinness in Belfast a few weeks back (it would have been rude not to), it will be 5 months without on March 3rd.
I,ve put on a stone though.
I have a very nice bottle of Rioja staring at me across the dining room which will be consumed when relegation is confirmed to commiserate,.

You're not supposed to put weight on!

That's not the idea at all.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Look at me on 17:22 - Feb 21 with 1034 viewsjeera

Look at me on 16:42 - Feb 21 by BrixtonBlue

I don't reckon I'm an alcoholic, more a problem drinker. Probably a fine line. But giving up for a year has been easier than I expected.

I watched 'Drinkers Like Me' after someone on here [Joe maybe?} posted about it some weeks ago.

I have to say the programme rang true with me if I'm honest.

Look at me on 17:31 - Feb 21 with 1003 viewsBrixtonBlue

Look at me on 17:22 - Feb 21 by jeera

I watched 'Drinkers Like Me' after someone on here [Joe maybe?} posted about it some weeks ago.

I have to say the programme rang true with me if I'm honest.

Not watched that, what's it on?

Look at me on 17:35 - Feb 21 with 990 viewsjeera

Look at me on 17:31 - Feb 21 by BrixtonBlue

Not watched that, what's it on?

T'was on BBC. I checked a couple of days ago for someone but it's no longer on iplayer.

Pisses me off that stuff is removed after a few weeks. It has been paid for after all.

I assume it will make another appearance at some point?

Adrian Chiles, (yeah yeah I know), but it was really quite good.

Look at me on 19:00 - Feb 21 with 947 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Look at me on 17:21 - Feb 21 by jeera

You're not supposed to put weight on!

That's not the idea at all.

I know.
Perhaps it,s this strange thing called lard i,ve recently discovered.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024