Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back 23:37 - Feb 23 with 5639 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

My thoughts for what they are worth;
Pennington Immense
Keane superb
Nolan 6.5/10 which is good for him
Kenlock not good enough for me
Jackson has nothing to his game I'm afraid, he is not even quick
Knudsen rash but it is not a hangin offence, think the defence were poor for that situation positionally.

My overall analysis would be that we have just forgotten how to win games, and fundamentally what has cost us this season is failure to kill games off. Decent point today given the circumstance but disappointing not to hold on having gone all that way

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Just got back on 00:28 - Feb 24 with 5489 viewsArnieM

.... and we have a defender hell bent on gifting opponents goal scoring opportunities ... aka scum, Stoke, Wigan! But let’s not be harsh. He’s an International left back after all!

F cuk him!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Just got back on 00:53 - Feb 24 with 5425 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Just got back on 00:28 - Feb 24 by ArnieM

.... and we have a defender hell bent on gifting opponents goal scoring opportunities ... aka scum, Stoke, Wigan! But let’s not be harsh. He’s an International left back after all!

F cuk him!

entitled to your opinion... Just don't think the incident is as bad as it has been made out to be. Also don't remember him being at fault for a goal against Norwich

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Just got back on 00:57 - Feb 24 with 5414 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Just got back on 00:28 - Feb 24 by ArnieM

F cuk him!

Moronic post, if anything Knudsen was too desperate not to give a goal away today

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Just got back on 00:59 - Feb 24 with 5401 viewsjeera

Just got back on 00:57 - Feb 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Moronic post, if anything Knudsen was too desperate not to give a goal away today

Well, exactly.

Not too dissimilar to Berra 'that' time in that respect.

Spur of the moment thing that culminates in hours of needless analysis and criticism.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Just got back on 04:00 - Feb 24 with 5297 viewsharlingblue

Good to have feed back from a Town supporter that was at the game.
I listened to the game, and have watched the highlights.
With 11 men, we were the better team, playing football that belied our lowly position.
A harsh sending off, Jonas naive with the pull back, but with Chambers in a deeper covering position, only a yellow card should have been administered, no doubt video evidence will rescind the red, but not give us back the win that we deserved.
Just got back on 08:10 - Feb 24 with 4987 viewsKeaneish

Just got back on 00:57 - Feb 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Bizarre logic. It was a naieve and rash decision I'd never expect to see from an International. While you're here, I see Phil referred to yesterday's game as a 6 pointer too. Best send him that Wikipedia link.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Just got back on 09:45 - Feb 24 with 4771 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Just got back on 08:10 - Feb 24 by Keaneish

Bizarre logic. It was a naieve and rash decision I'd never expect to see from an International. While you're here, I see Phil referred to yesterday's game as a 6 pointer too. Best send him that Wikipedia link.

Might be worth reading my post again fella and considering what I was actually saying

And it still wasn’t a 6 pointer, quite clearly

Just got back on 09:54 - Feb 24 with 4751 viewsChocorange

Agree with everything above.

Good to see at least 2 of us were watching the same game !

Also thought Bree is a solid defender , not much gets past him but his passing is something he needs to improve. Big improvement over Spence. Noticed Chambo talking with Bree during the match.
Bart and Chalobah had solid games.
Edwards looked much more lively than he has of late when having the rare chance to get forward .
I was disappointed with Downes tho.
Login to get fewer ads

Just got back on 09:55 - Feb 24 with 4737 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Just got back on 00:59 - Feb 24 by jeera

Well, exactly.

Spur of the moment thing that culminates in hours of needless analysis and criticism.

Yep, exactly like Berra

Just got back on 11:09 - Feb 24 with 4583 viewsKeaneish

Just got back on 00:59 - Feb 24 by jeera

Well, exactly.

Why needless criticism exactly? It's an absurd decision to make give the gravitas of the game, how early it was in the game and the fact Chambers might have even able to force Clarke a bit wider.

Just got back on 11:14 - Feb 24 with 4570 viewsgordon

Just got back on 04:00 - Feb 24 by harlingblue

With 11 men, we were the better team, playing football that belied our lowly position.
A harsh sending off, Jonas naive with the pull back, but with Chambers in a deeper covering position, only a yellow card should have been administered, no doubt video evidence will rescind the red, but not give us back the win that we deserved.

It was a red card, it won't be rescinded. It would have been a clear goalscoring opportunity. There's no way Chambers wasn't going to get to the ball before the forward.
Just got back on 11:51 - Feb 24 with 4520 viewsKeaneish

Just got back on 11:14 - Feb 24 by gordon

It was a red card, it won't be rescinded. It would have been a clear goalscoring opportunity. There's no way Chambers wasn't going to get to the ball before the forward.

Maybe not but he might have closed more of the angle and Clarke still had a bit to do.

Just got back on 12:06 - Feb 24 with 4487 viewsPecker

Just got back on 11:51 - Feb 24 by Keaneish

Maybe not but he might have closed more of the angle and Clarke still had a bit to do.

It was probably a red. Think we would have expected one if the other side did it. We will miss him in the coming games, but hopefully after yesterdays performance, not as much as before.
Just got back on 14:52 - Feb 24 with 4330 viewsjeera

Just got back on 11:09 - Feb 24 by Keaneish

Why needless criticism exactly? It's an absurd decision to make give the gravitas of the game, how early it was in the game and the fact Chambers might have even able to force Clarke a bit wider.

It was absurd in hindsight for PL to fly how he did at Norwich, but there you go.

It's all about favourites isn't it.

Which is, of course, how a number of those continually picking away at Jonas used to describe him when it suited them.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Just got back on 15:01 - Feb 24 with 4300 viewsDarth_Koont

Just got back on 04:00 - Feb 24 by harlingblue

I think it was a sending off unfortunately as Chambers wasn't close enough or far back enough to have challenged Clarke.

Knudsen at fault but Chambers should have been busting a gut to get back anyway given Clarke was effectively past Knudsen.

Pronouns: He/Him

Just got back on 16:52 - Feb 24 with 4181 viewsgordon

Just got back on 11:51 - Feb 24 by Keaneish

Yup don't disagree - wasn't a definite goal, but Clarke was definitely denied a clear goalscoring opportunity.
Just got back on 07:12 - Feb 25 with 3853 viewsKeaneish

Just got back on 14:52 - Feb 24 by jeera

It was absurd in hindsight for PL to fly how he did at Norwich, but there you go.

It's all about favourites isn't it.

Which is, of course, how a number of those continually picking away at Jonas used to describe him when it suited them.

I have no vendetta against Knudsen and I've said a few times he's a decent players yet he's had a dismal season and has made a catalogue of amateur mistakes that have cost us dearly. That's not targeting or using him as a scapegoat as a lot like to label it, it's calling it for what it is. The more mistakes he makes, the more he gets singled out. Simple as that. It beggars belief that his naieve decision making gets any level of support on here.

Just got back on 10:03 - Feb 25 with 3707 viewsDarth_Koont

Just got back on 07:12 - Feb 25 by Keaneish

I have no vendetta against Knudsen and I've said a few times he's a decent players yet he's had a dismal season and has made a catalogue of amateur mistakes that have cost us dearly. That's not targeting or using him as a scapegoat as a lot like to label it, it's calling it for what it is. The more mistakes he makes, the more he gets singled out. Simple as that. It beggars belief that his naieve decision making gets any level of support on here.

The thing is, you could substitute the name Knudsen for Chambers, Pennington, Spence (or any of our other defenders if they'd actually been playing throughout this season) and that would be true. So not sure why certain individuals get particularly excited about Knudsen.

Pronouns: He/Him

Just got back on 10:38 - Feb 25 with 3654 viewsWhymarkmariner

Let's face it virtually every player in the Town's team have contributed to a more or lesser extent to where we are. Midfielders have lost possession through bad passes or trying to be too clever, forwards have missed chances, defenders have made horrendous blunders and both goalkeeper have come for crosses and missed, can't kick the ball up field or had mix up's with defenders. That;s why we are where we are. Not because of Knudsen, Bart, chambers, Kenlock, Quaner etc. But because of all of them. You don't find yourselves 9 points adrift down to one man, one Manager or even one owner. It's the whole kit and caboodle going back many seasons.
Just got back on 11:31 - Feb 25 with 3555 viewsurbanblue

Just got back on 10:38 - Feb 25 by Whymarkmariner

Let's face it virtually every player in the Town's team have contributed to a more or lesser extent to where we are. Midfielders have lost possession through bad passes or trying to be too clever, forwards have missed chances, defenders have made horrendous blunders and both goalkeeper have come for crosses and missed, can't kick the ball up field or had mix up's with defenders. That;s why we are where we are. Not because of Knudsen, Bart, chambers, Kenlock, Quaner etc. But because of all of them. You don't find yourselves 9 points adrift down to one man, one Manager or even one owner. It's the whole kit and caboodle going back many seasons.

Mighty fine post that!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024