Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Quaner bloke. 15:10 - Mar 16 with 4053 viewsJohnny_Boy

Better than some would have you think.
That Quaner bloke. on 15:16 - Mar 16 with 4028 viewsNthsuffolkblue

From what I have seen, he has good ball control and can hold the ball up. However, his decision making once he has the ball is poor. He does not look like a natural goal scorer either.

He has potential as a hold-up player but limited potential.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

That Quaner bloke. on 15:17 - Mar 16 with 4017 viewsBlueBadger

He's no Paul Taylor though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

That Quaner bloke. on 15:36 - Mar 16 with 3923 viewsJohnny_Boy

That Quaner bloke. on 15:16 - Mar 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

From what I have seen, he has good ball control and can hold the ball up. However, his decision making once he has the ball is poor. He does not look like a natural goal scorer either.

His decision making whilst with the ball is better than Jackson or Harrison.
That Quaner bloke. on 18:09 - Mar 16 with 3793 viewsflimflam

That Quaner bloke. on 15:36 - Mar 16 by Johnny_Boy

His decision making whilst with the ball is better than Jackson or Harrison.

Thought that his best game today. Played well.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

That Quaner bloke. on 18:26 - Mar 16 with 3743 viewsMrTown

Thought he was p*ss poor. Scored a goal but he offers nothing, his hold up play isn't great, doesn't have the physical presence to shield off defenders, jumps but brings his head down to make himself smaller, can't run off the back of defenders because he isn't quick enough.

However, what you can never knock him for is his commitment, the guy doesn't stop running, not effective running but he never just strolls around the pitch and you can always tilt your hat to that kind of attitude.

Jackson looked sharp again today, needs some 1-on-1 training with a professional striking coach.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

That Quaner bloke. on 18:47 - Mar 16 with 3685 viewsclive_baker

He’s awful.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

That Quaner bloke. on 18:53 - Mar 16 with 3669 viewsKieran_Knows

Really? He’s dreadful.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

That Quaner bloke. on 19:01 - Mar 16 with 3643 viewsReuser_is_God

He’s woeful.

Doesn’t make runs & doesn’t challenge for the ball.

Jackson was better than him today & he missed 2 one v ones & didn’t socre like Quaner.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

That Quaner bloke. on 19:12 - Mar 16 with 3618 viewsDubtractor

Wasn't there today, but when I've seen him he has underwhelmed, if I'm being kind.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 19:12]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

That Quaner bloke. on 19:27 - Mar 16 with 3569 viewsjas0999

Disagree. He has scored one goal in his last FIFTY appearances! Poor by any standard.
That Quaner bloke. on 19:32 - Mar 16 with 3554 viewstractor_lady

That Quaner bloke. on 18:26 - Mar 16 by MrTown

Thought he was p*ss poor. Scored a goal but he offers nothing, his hold up play isn't great, doesn't have the physical presence to shield off defenders, jumps but brings his head down to make himself smaller, can't run off the back of defenders because he isn't quick enough.

However, what you can never knock him for is his commitment, the guy doesn't stop running, not effective running but he never just strolls around the pitch and you can always tilt your hat to that kind of attitude.

Jackson looked sharp again today, needs some 1-on-1 training with a professional striking coach.

His running was awful, never put them under pressure and just looked aimless... terrible player. Jackson gave their defence much more trouble but just needs the end product
That Quaner bloke. on 19:34 - Mar 16 with 3542 viewstractor_lady

That Quaner bloke. on 19:01 - Mar 16 by Reuser_is_God

He’s woeful.

Doesn’t make runs & doesn’t challenge for the ball.

Jackson was better than him today & he missed 2 one v ones & didn’t socre like Quaner.

Totally agree Jackson has real potential...Quaner does not simple!
That Quaner bloke. on 19:40 - Mar 16 with 3523 viewschristiand

What I saw today, Jackson needs to be starting ahead of him IMHO. We looked far more threatening with Jackson on than Quaner and he offers the team far more.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

That Quaner bloke. on 20:08 - Mar 16 with 3440 viewsReuser_is_God

That Quaner bloke. on 19:34 - Mar 16 by tractor_lady

Totally agree Jackson has real potential...Quaner does not simple!

His 2 1 v 1 misses were just typical of a striker lacking in game time & confidence.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

That Quaner bloke. on 20:53 - Mar 16 with 3352 viewstractor_lady

That Quaner bloke. on 20:08 - Mar 16 by Reuser_is_God

His 2 1 v 1 misses were just typical of a striker lacking in game time & confidence.

Agreed but rest of his game has come on so much - given time the finishing will happen I am sure
That Quaner bloke. on 21:08 - Mar 16 with 3317 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That Quaner bloke. on 19:40 - Mar 16 by christiand

What I saw today, Jackson needs to be starting ahead of him IMHO. We looked far more threatening with Jackson on than Quaner and he offers the team far more.

Different types of player really aren't they?

I see PL as looking to Quaner to wear down a defence with his constant running and Jackson to utilise the space with a tiring defence.

Not sure either does either well enough. Jackson might be OK with a bit of confidence from a run in the side in League 1 but I think we would be better with someone who has scored goals at that level already.

That Quaner bloke. on 21:10 - Mar 16 with 3313 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That Quaner bloke. on 15:16 - Mar 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

daveU care to share the reason for the downvote - because you think he has no potential, does not have the attributes I suggest he does, or because you believe he has more than the limited potential I suggest?

That Quaner bloke. on 21:20 - Mar 16 with 3283 viewspatrickswell

In terms of goalscoring instinct, this is the weakest bunch of strikers we’ve had since 2005-06. Jackson, in particular, seems to have no conviction at all.
That Quaner bloke. on 21:24 - Mar 16 with 3272 viewschristiand

That Quaner bloke. on 21:20 - Mar 16 by patrickswell

In terms of goalscoring instinct, this is the weakest bunch of strikers we’ve had since 2005-06. Jackson, in particular, seems to have no conviction at all.

Think that will come with a bit of confidence and a run in the side.

That Quaner bloke. on 21:30 - Mar 16 with 3258 viewschristiand

That Quaner bloke. on 21:08 - Mar 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Different types of player really aren't they?

I see PL as looking to Quaner to wear down a defence with his constant running and Jackson to utilise the space with a tiring defence.

Not sure either does either well enough. Jackson might be OK with a bit of confidence from a run in the side in League 1 but I think we would be better with someone who has scored goals at that level already.

Quaner just doesn’t do enough for me to justify a start. For a big man he is easily dominated, his touch is very in consistent and not sure again if he won one challenge in the air. His effort to close people down looks laboured too. Jackson looked the far better option when he came on and looked sharp. Yes, he missed a couple of chances but you need to be in the right position to miss those. Jackson should start for me, give him the confidence through playing and I think he’ll start converting those chances.

That Quaner bloke. on 21:30 - Mar 16 with 3257 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That Quaner bloke. on 21:24 - Mar 16 by christiand

Think that will come with a bit of confidence and a run in the side.

Problem is whether we can afford to do that to see if he has got enough about him. Perhaps giving him more chance in our remaining games might help us (PL) see. I get the feeling Lambert isn't convinced because he seems to be last choice all the time.

That Quaner bloke. on 21:33 - Mar 16 with 3246 viewschristiand

That Quaner bloke. on 21:30 - Mar 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Problem is whether we can afford to do that to see if he has got enough about him. Perhaps giving him more chance in our remaining games might help us (PL) see. I get the feeling Lambert isn't convinced because he seems to be last choice all the time.

Based on today, Steve Wonder would be able to see. Jackson will be here next season, Quaner won’t thankfully. Start Jackson, it’s that simple.

That Quaner bloke. on 21:37 - Mar 16 with 3234 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That Quaner bloke. on 21:33 - Mar 16 by christiand

Based on today, Steve Wonder would be able to see. Jackson will be here next season, Quaner won’t thankfully. Start Jackson, it’s that simple.

I get what you are saying but I say again, I get the feeling Lambert doesn't see Jackson as being up to it. I suspect he will continue to give him cameos off the bench.

If Harrison is fit, he will start ahead of Jackson. Personally, I would be interested to see how Harrison and Jackson together would work or, if Lambert doesn't think Jackson can manage on his own, play him alongside Quaner from the start even if it does mean no proper striker on the bench.

That Quaner bloke. on 21:41 - Mar 16 with 3226 viewschristiand

That Quaner bloke. on 21:37 - Mar 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

I get what you are saying but I say again, I get the feeling Lambert doesn't see Jackson as being up to it. I suspect he will continue to give him cameos off the bench.

If Harrison is fit, he will start ahead of Jackson. Personally, I would be interested to see how Harrison and Jackson together would work or, if Lambert doesn't think Jackson can manage on his own, play him alongside Quaner from the start even if it does mean no proper striker on the bench.

I’d like to see Jackson paired with Keane (when fit). Keane is much better at holding the ball up and bringing others in to play, Jackson could feed off this service. Quaner is just too inconsistent to be effective.

Just my opinion, doesn’t mean it’s right!!
[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 21:52]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024