Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ 15:51 - Mar 18 with 24955 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It’s baffling this stuff makes the national news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-47612616

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:02 - Mar 18 with 3588 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:01 - Mar 18 by ballycastle

Nope, it is a genuine blending of the OP.

I'll answer your question. 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 years.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:02 - Mar 18 with 3589 viewsMullet

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 17:57 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

You don’t take people disagreeing with you at all well do you?

But embarrassing really.

We don’t all have to think the exact same you know and can disagree with things in this PC 2019 world.

But in this thread you've used the wrong term inaccurately.

Therefore what you're insisting on is the freedom to think something which is incorrect. That's slightly different to freedom of speech/"PC" or anything like that.

There simply aren't haven't been two genders throughout much of human life. There isn't a point in time where that's been the case.

You might disagree with how Sam Smith feels, but it's nothing to do with you or I is it? Nor does it change the fact we can't go around telling people what they feel they are. Being angry at them because they don't conform to narrow cultural norms you value, is just daft.

Why does it really matter if some people feel they don't fit in if you're not prepared to even acknowledge they truly exist? It's flat earth, 5G, crystal skulls type thinking if you can call it that at all.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:04 - Mar 18 with 3586 viewsballycastle

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:01 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

Jesus wept.

Please do not blaspheme, it is deeply offensive.
‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:04 - Mar 18 with 3584 viewsjeera

But embarrassing really.

We don’t all have to think the exact same you know and can disagree with things in this PC 2019 world.

Along with Dixons 2019 Carphone.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:05 - Mar 18 with 3583 viewsMullet

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:01 - Mar 18 by tractorboy7777

This is what I find confusing and frustrated by.
Being lesbian, gay, bisexual and transsexual, they have fought for basic human rights and have been subjected to horrendous acts for something they have no control of, sexual orientation. (LGBT) . I can understand intersex, pansexual and asexual

As a gay man, I find it frustrating that those who identify as non-binary etc associate along with the lgbt community. Non-binary is regarded as masculinity or femininity, traits which Gay and Straight people have. You have masculine gay men, masculine straight women etc. What is also frustrating and I think takes from my perspective (which could be deemed selfish) is that it seems the hatred towards those who previously suffered persecution is reappearing. You have those who don’t feel they should be putting Mr or Ms/Miss/Mrs on a form, there shouldn’t just be toilets for men and women but also non-binary.

I have no issues with whether someone is masculine or femine but I do find it weird they are associating with LGBT community

Yep, it's an issue I'm not qualified to make a judgement on. I guess it's a bit like when the LGBT community went into bat with say the miners in Wales or other equally odd bedfellows (if you'll forgive the term) and saw another group in need of support and solidarity? That temporary arrangement was too different to become permanent, but in the case of LGBT rights, and the expanding QI+ era it lumps people together more easily maybe?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:07 - Mar 18 with 3573 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:01 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

No I don't think so. I've only ever seen the Office from him really. Was it in that? Someone said his newest show was decent if you can get through the first episode.

Humanity it’s called. Is on Netflix. Very good too.

He does a whole bit about people identifying as things they aren’t. And then decides he’s going to identify as a chimp. Hence the reference.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:08 - Mar 18 with 3566 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:02 - Mar 18 by Mullet

But in this thread you've used the wrong term inaccurately.

Therefore what you're insisting on is the freedom to think something which is incorrect. That's slightly different to freedom of speech/"PC" or anything like that.

There simply aren't haven't been two genders throughout much of human life. There isn't a point in time where that's been the case.

You might disagree with how Sam Smith feels, but it's nothing to do with you or I is it? Nor does it change the fact we can't go around telling people what they feel they are. Being angry at them because they don't conform to narrow cultural norms you value, is just daft.

Why does it really matter if some people feel they don't fit in if you're not prepared to even acknowledge they truly exist? It's flat earth, 5G, crystal skulls type thinking if you can call it that at all.

Whether I disagree with how he feels is irrelevant. I never said I did anyway.

I just question why it’s big enough information for the world to know to make the main page of BBC worldwide news.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:08 - Mar 18 with 3563 viewstractorboy7777

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:05 - Mar 18 by Mullet

Yep, it's an issue I'm not qualified to make a judgement on. I guess it's a bit like when the LGBT community went into bat with say the miners in Wales or other equally odd bedfellows (if you'll forgive the term) and saw another group in need of support and solidarity? That temporary arrangement was too different to become permanent, but in the case of LGBT rights, and the expanding QI+ era it lumps people together more easily maybe?

But are the non-binary persons being persecuted by the law for it?

On a side note, there’s a funny but true story film regarding the miners and gay community called Pride. Worth a watch if anyone has a desire to!

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

Login to get fewer ads

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:09 - Mar 18 with 3561 viewsHerbivore

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:04 - Mar 18 by ballycastle

Please do not blaspheme, it is deeply offensive.

Christ alive.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:09 - Mar 18 with 3559 viewsSpruceMoose

But embarrassing really.

You seem to be the one flipping out about all this, not me.

I most certainly do not think the same way as you. Perhaps my life experiences have allowed me to understand that there are ways of feeling and living out there which can seem alien to me, but still be perfectly valid.

I stand by my point. Hopefully you'll get some more varied life experiences at university and realise that the stuff you've said today is not only unnecessary, but pretty insulting and unkind.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:10 - Mar 18 with 3550 viewsMullet

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:08 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

I just question why it’s big enough information for the world to know to make the main page of BBC worldwide news.

Because that's how the media works. That's why Keith Flint and the reality bloke made national news and the bloke who was found hanged in a park in Stockport in between them, got a couple of paragraphs in the local paper this weekend.

Association with the celebrity means people read it and they make money.

You said there are only two genders, that's disagreeing with how he feels implicitly Rommy. So forgive me, but that's exactly what you seem to be saying.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:11 - Mar 18 with 3540 viewsfooters

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:07 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

He does a whole bit about people identifying as things they aren’t. And then decides he’s going to identify as a chimp. Hence the reference.

Ah well, if self-certified genius Ricky Gervais has a view on it, I'm sold.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:11 - Mar 18 with 3540 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:08 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Because people are interested in it. Whether its to get worked up about, or because it is something they personally identify with.

The very fact that we are discussing it answers your question as to why it is news.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:13 - Mar 18 with 3533 viewsMullet

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:08 - Mar 18 by tractorboy7777

But are the non-binary persons being persecuted by the law for it?

On a side note, there’s a funny but true story film regarding the miners and gay community called Pride. Worth a watch if anyone has a desire to!

I remember the trailer, but never saw it. I'll give it a look.

I don't know the answer to your question, I'm sure there are examples. But I'm not able to draw on them from memory. I do feel a bit like the proverbial messenger in your rifle sights though!

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:13 - Mar 18 with 3525 viewsLankHenners

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:07 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

A Ricky “look how edgy I am making jokes about taboo subjects” Gervais joke about gender identity sounds about as funny as eating a bowlful of turds washed down with a glassful of vomit.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:13 - Mar 18 with 3522 viewsfooters

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:11 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

Because people are interested in it. Whether its to get worked up about, or because it is something they personally identify with.

The very fact that we are discussing it answers your question as to why it is news.

Especially if it's in the sidebar navigation, which directly corresponds to the number of page views a story has. So guess some people are interested in it.

Including the OP.

Fck me, this thread has been a rollercoaster of ignorance. So many fragile senses of self.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 18:16]

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:16 - Mar 18 with 3501 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:13 - Mar 18 by LankHenners

A Ricky “look how edgy I am making jokes about taboo subjects” Gervais joke about gender identity sounds about as funny as eating a bowlful of turds washed down with a glassful of vomit.

Another example of you not appreciating that other people have different views to your own. Quite a trio.

Disappointing from yourselves it really is. Tut tut.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:16 - Mar 18 with 3494 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:13 - Mar 18 by footers

Especially if it's in the sidebar navigation, which directly corresponds to the number of page views a story has. So guess some people are interested in it.

Including the OP.

Fck me, this thread has been a rollercoaster of ignorance. So many fragile senses of self.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 18:16]

Every time I thought we were getting somewhere on this thread the goalposts get moved. One minute its 'why is this on the BBC?', the next it's 'you can be male or female and that all' then before you know it we are back to asking 'why it is on the BBC?' again.

I don't think some people can keep up with the different kinds of outrage that they feel.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:17 - Mar 18 with 3493 viewstractorboy7777

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:13 - Mar 18 by Mullet

I remember the trailer, but never saw it. I'll give it a look.

I don't know the answer to your question, I'm sure there are examples. But I'm not able to draw on them from memory. I do feel a bit like the proverbial messenger in your rifle sights though!

Wasn’t a question for you to answer as such, just a general question as I’ve not seen it either or recall of an example.

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:18 - Mar 18 with 3487 viewsfooters

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:16 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Another example of you not appreciating that other people have different views to your own. Quite a trio.

As is your unwillingness to do any research into a subject before spouting off ignorant, negatives opinions on something you have no clue about. And that doesn't directly affect you.

Like I said, unless you want to shag them not sure why you'd care.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:19 - Mar 18 with 3480 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:16 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Nicely demonstrating that your view on how somebody identifies has no relevance. Unlike whether you like Ricky Gervais or not.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:19 - Mar 18 with 3480 viewsfooters

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:16 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

Every time I thought we were getting somewhere on this thread the goalposts get moved. One minute its 'why is this on the BBC?', the next it's 'you can be male or female and that all' then before you know it we are back to asking 'why it is on the BBC?' again.

I don't think some people can keep up with the different kinds of outrage that they feel.

SOMEONE HAS DONE SOMETHING I DON'T UNDERSTAND, THAT MAKES ME ANGRY FOR REASONS.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:21 - Mar 18 with 3472 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:19 - Mar 18 by footers

SOMEONE HAS DONE SOMETHING I DON'T UNDERSTAND, THAT MAKES ME ANGRY FOR REASONS.

It's like Benters has hacked Rommy's account or something.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:24 - Mar 18 with 3448 viewsHerbivore

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:21 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

It's like Benters has hacked Rommy's account or something.

I think Benters has groomed him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:25 - Mar 18 with 3435 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:24 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

I think Benters has groomed him.

Don't be daft. Only men and woman fall in love.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024