Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should FA Cup semi finals be held at Wembley? 19:28 - Apr 7 with 2986 viewschristiand

Just think it takes the edge and gloss off the final. We’ve got some wonderful stadia around the country that could easily cope with demand. Thoughts?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Should FA Cup semi finals be held at Wembley? on 23:10 - Apr 7 with 612 viewsallezlesbleus

Should FA Cup semi finals be held at Wembley? on 22:08 - Apr 7 by Perublue

Non Wembley semis for me too........ Olympic stadium and maybe Chelsea once their place gets sorted out in the future if Arsenal and Spurs ended up drawing each other.
I doubt Hillsborough would ever be considered again.

Totally left field one ....... Twickers ?
[Post edited 7 Apr 2019 22:14]

I forgot about Olympic Stadium, but yes, definitely that could be a venue.
Should FA Cup semi finals be held at Wembley? on 23:14 - Apr 7 with 610 viewsbournemouthblue

Should FA Cup semi finals be held at Wembley? on 21:36 - Apr 7 by factual_blue

I daresay if you take out the fairly big number of corporate/club member seats at Wembley, then the share per club would (at a guess) be around 35,000 each. Old Trafford holds 72,000+, so would easily cope with 35,000 per club.

The Emirates and the new Spurs ground each hold 60,000+ - again plenty for a semi-final.

You've got the London Stadium and the Millennium Stadium again also

Even Anfield, St James' Park or the Etihad could hold them also?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Should FA Cup semi finals be held at Wembley? on 23:24 - Apr 7 with 595 viewsNthsuffolkblue

No, neutral venues for the semis was always a good idea.

But then Wembley should only have been used for football and never used by a club side.

Finances determine football and have ruined the magic the FA Cup once had. I wonder if lower league sides still see it as having some magic but certainly Premier League and Championship sides no longer seem to have any. Perhaps Watford fans do this year but it is few and far between that do.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Should FA Cup semi finals be held at Wembley? on 08:01 - Apr 8 with 557 viewsKeaneish

No. I went to the Man City Vs Brighton semi and there were lots of empty seats. Corporates were half empty and Brighton couldn't sell their allocation.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Should FA Cup semi finals be held at Wembley? on 08:24 - Apr 8 with 544 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Should FA Cup semi finals be held at Wembley? on 23:14 - Apr 7 by bournemouthblue

You've got the London Stadium and the Millennium Stadium again also

Even Anfield, St James' Park or the Etihad could hold them also?

They always took the most sensible neutral venue available if I recall. There are plenty of decent grounds around the country so there should always be an option.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Should FA Cup semi finals be held at Wembley? on 08:37 - Apr 8 with 538 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Nope, should be Villa Park and Old Trafford

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024