Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Farage launches his new party 17:02 - Apr 12 with 9949 viewsElderGrizzly

With the sort of language that led to the death of an MP. Utter tool...

Farage launches his new party on 19:30 - Apr 12 with 2788 viewsvapour_trail

Farage launches his new party on 19:23 - Apr 12 by baxterbasics

Balls has a cheek though. Farage May be exploiting Brexit anger among the masses, but is is Balls and his ilk that are causing it to begin with.

Alright Baxter. How’s things post Keith?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Farage launches his new party on 19:31 - Apr 12 with 2787 viewsMullet

Farage launches his new party on 19:24 - Apr 12 by ballycastle

It is correct to blame the gregarious gobsh1tes who whip up hatred in people who are already indoctrinated.

Farage is a symptom, Islam's hate preachers are a symptom, a symptom of literal teachings from a controlling organisation, they all incite the weak.

Farage is a hate preacher. He's just not brown and wears tweed rather than hooks for hands.

He is spitting bile and claiming to represent the people and thing he most definitely is not. There is absolutely no difference in intent or method. To deny otherwise is simply ignoring the evidence.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Farage launches his new party on 19:31 - Apr 12 with 2787 viewsballycastle

Farage launches his new party on 19:29 - Apr 12 by footers

You may want to check the meaning of the word 'gregarious'. You may mean 'egregious'.

That's the one, I was using the term with runaway mouth as my thought.
Farage launches his new party on 19:34 - Apr 12 with 2775 viewsballycastle

Farage launches his new party on 19:31 - Apr 12 by Mullet

Farage is a hate preacher. He's just not brown and wears tweed rather than hooks for hands.

He is spitting bile and claiming to represent the people and thing he most definitely is not. There is absolutely no difference in intent or method. To deny otherwise is simply ignoring the evidence.

I'm not denying it in any way, it is the specific of Jo Cox that is wrong, it is hyperbole and ruins what is a correct argument by stoking in a manner similar to he MO of Farage.
Farage launches his new party on 19:38 - Apr 12 with 2760 viewsGuthrum

Farage launches his new party on 19:26 - Apr 12 by ballycastle

Bullseye, they created the disconnect with the lies about immigration and their invasions of sovereign states.

It was Farage and co (before that Griffin and the BNP) who told them they needed to be angry about immigration.

Invasions of sovereign states was nothing to do with the EU.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Farage launches his new party on 19:40 - Apr 12 with 2751 viewsvapour_trail

Farage launches his new party on 19:38 - Apr 12 by Guthrum

It was Farage and co (before that Griffin and the BNP) who told them they needed to be angry about immigration.

I think that was levelled at the Labour Party with their illegal war.

That would be correct.

Farage launches his new party on 19:45 - Apr 12 with 2737 viewsMullet

Farage launches his new party on 19:34 - Apr 12 by ballycastle

I'm not denying it in any way, it is the specific of Jo Cox that is wrong, it is hyperbole and ruins what is a correct argument by stoking in a manner similar to he MO of Farage.

I disagree entirely. As with the bloke who rented a van from Swansea and mowed down innocent Muslims the link is there, it is is real and the language that inspires these acts is every bit delineated from the forked tongues of scum like Farage and SYL.

I think it's an utter cop out to be selectively blind or disingenuous to the parallels between the far right and the Islamist misfits and who yanks their chains into action.

I would say the Brexiteers have Cox's blood on their hands, however unintentional or unforeseen it may have been. The link is too well defined to pretend otherwise. It should be a lesson and caution to them, not a source of politicking and whatabouting.

Farage launches his new party on 19:45 - Apr 12 with 2737 viewsGuthrum

Farage launches his new party on 19:40 - Apr 12 by vapour_trail

I think that was levelled at the Labour Party with their illegal war.

That would be correct.

But how does disliking Labour for the invasion of Iraq translate into a strong desire to leave the European Union? Non sequitur.

Especially given the (European) French and Germans strongly refused to be part of it.

Login to get fewer ads

Farage launches his new party on 19:46 - Apr 12 with 2736 viewsballycastle

Farage launches his new party on 19:38 - Apr 12 by Guthrum

The invasions are all part of the lies told by the established political parties that have caused the disconnect and total lack of faith in the supposed leaders
It is a vacuum and people want to have something to believe in, even if they are wrong.
Farage launches his new party on 19:51 - Apr 12 with 2719 viewsGuthrum

Farage launches his new party on 19:46 - Apr 12 by ballycastle

The invasions are all part of the lies told by the established political parties that have caused the disconnect and total lack of faith in the supposed leaders
It is a vacuum and people want to have something to believe in, even if they are wrong.

For that, you may as well blame Thatcher who oversaw the dissolution of mining and heavy industry in places like the North East and South Wales, which later became key areas in Leave winning the Referendum.

Economic imbalance is a far stronger factor than things politicians have said and done.

Farage launches his new party on 19:56 - Apr 12 with 2682 viewsGlasgowBlue

Farage launches his new party on 19:45 - Apr 12 by Mullet

I disagree entirely. As with the bloke who rented a van from Swansea and mowed down innocent Muslims the link is there, it is is real and the language that inspires these acts is every bit delineated from the forked tongues of scum like Farage and SYL.

I think it's an utter cop out to be selectively blind or disingenuous to the parallels between the far right and the Islamist misfits and who yanks their chains into action.

I would say the Brexiteers have Cox's blood on their hands, however unintentional or unforeseen it may have been. The link is too well defined to pretend otherwise. It should be a lesson and caution to them, not a source of politicking and whatabouting.

It’s extremely harsh to say the 17.2 million people who voted for Brexit, or the scores of decent people who put forward sound and reasoned arguments for Brexit, have the blood of Jo Cox on their hands.

Those who stirred up hate, and those who use language such as “enemy of the people” or label those wanting to stay in the EU as traitors most definitely do. And people such as Farage and SYL certainly do.

Post referendum, people like Rees Mogg and Steve Baker will certainly be complicit if any harm comes to decent and honourable people on the remain side such as Anna Soubry and Chuka.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Farage launches his new party on 19:58 - Apr 12 with 2690 viewsvapour_trail

Farage launches his new party on 19:51 - Apr 12 by Guthrum

For that, you may as well blame Thatcher who oversaw the dissolution of mining and heavy industry in places like the North East and South Wales, which later became key areas in Leave winning the Referendum.

Economic imbalance is a far stronger factor than things politicians have said and done.

The issue of trust is relevant. Trust has collapsed in institutions since the proliferation of the internet.

Government, corporates, media, charities. If you follow the edelman trust barometer you’ll be familiar with the trend (as I’m sure you are guthers).

Trust was far greater in Maggie’s day, even when she was robbing your milk.

Farage launches his new party on 20:00 - Apr 12 with 2682 viewsMullet

Farage launches his new party on 19:56 - Apr 12 by GlasgowBlue

It’s extremely harsh to say the 17.2 million people who voted for Brexit, or the scores of decent people who put forward sound and reasoned arguments for Brexit, have the blood of Jo Cox on their hands.

Those who stirred up hate, and those who use language such as “enemy of the people” or label those wanting to stay in the EU as traitors most definitely do. And people such as Farage and SYL certainly do.

Post referendum, people like Rees Mogg and Steve Baker will certainly be complicit if any harm comes to decent and honourable people on the remain side such as Anna Soubry and Chuka.

I'd say the term Brexiteers refers to the political class not the elements of the franchis they exploited. I'd also say they should have worked harder to disassociate and drown out the extremists not ride the crest of a wave their hate created before .

I'd say "scores" is the type of hyperbole being lamented a post or two up too.

Farage launches his new party on 20:02 - Apr 12 with 2672 viewsfooters

Farage launches his new party on 19:58 - Apr 12 by vapour_trail

The issue of trust is relevant. Trust has collapsed in institutions since the proliferation of the internet.

Government, corporates, media, charities. If you follow the edelman trust barometer you’ll be familiar with the trend (as I’m sure you are guthers).

Much as I hate Thatcher, she actually campaigned for milk to stay free. It was Heath who overruled her, I believe.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Farage launches his new party on 20:05 - Apr 12 with 2656 viewsvapour_trail

Farage launches his new party on 19:56 - Apr 12 by GlasgowBlue

It goes deeper than that. The people who lied repeatedly through the referendum campaign to bring confirmation to people that they were being short changed, that promised the sunlit uplands that don’t exist, the people that knew they were lying, they need to reflect upon their behaviour. But they won’t, because they are politicians, some professional, some amateur, some successful, some failed, some on a provincial football message board.

They sold a lie, provided the environment for a cancer to develop.

For any of them to subsequently align with TIG is just another layer of deceit.

Farage launches his new party on 20:07 - Apr 12 with 2627 viewsGlasgowBlue

Farage launches his new party on 20:05 - Apr 12 by vapour_trail

It goes deeper than that. The people who lied repeatedly through the referendum campaign to bring confirmation to people that they were being short changed, that promised the sunlit uplands that don’t exist, the people that knew they were lying, they need to reflect upon their behaviour. But they won’t, because they are politicians, some professional, some amateur, some successful, some failed, some on a provincial football message board.

I’ll ignore the usual tedious dig and respectfully disagree.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Farage launches his new party on 20:09 - Apr 12 with 2633 viewsvapour_trail

Farage launches his new party on 20:02 - Apr 12 by footers

Much as I hate Thatcher, she actually campaigned for milk to stay free. It was Heath who overruled her, I believe.

That doesn’t rhyme!

Farage launches his new party on 20:11 - Apr 12 with 2622 viewsfooters

Farage launches his new party on 20:09 - Apr 12 by vapour_trail

That doesn’t rhyme!

Lovely to have you back vapes :)

I like to be fair with my comments where possible. It's not like I'm playing Virtual Backbencher 2019 or summat when posting!

Farage launches his new party on 20:14 - Apr 12 with 2613 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Did he call someone a tool?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Farage launches his new party on 20:16 - Apr 12 with 2606 viewsGuthrum

Farage launches his new party on 19:58 - Apr 12 by vapour_trail

I think it's less that people trusted the establishment more (I certainly don't recall that in the '80s), but that it has become easier to harvest mistrust and make use of it with the improvements in mass communication.

Back then, agitators could only reach the small numbers who could hear them speak in person, through leaflets or via personal networks. Nationwide exposure on TV, or even in the papers, was almost unobtainable. Influence was minor and limited to certain circles.

Now the internet brings every opinion direct to your phone/computer. He who is cleverest at using that can make a big impact.

I don't believe there was genuinely less distrust (especially if you go back to the interwar period and before), just that it has become easier to manipulate and thus more dangerous.

Farage launches his new party on 20:16 - Apr 12 with 2604 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Farage launches his new party on 17:29 - Apr 12 by positivity

we just need a few more brexit parties to dilute the extremist vote, aaron banks? dominic cummings? neil warnock?

at the moment with ukip being such a mess i think they'll get meps which is going to be pretty depressing!

You mean uplifting surely.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Farage launches his new party on 20:21 - Apr 12 with 2592 viewsfooters

Farage launches his new party on 20:16 - Apr 12 by Guthrum

I think it's less that people trusted the establishment more (I certainly don't recall that in the '80s), but that it has become easier to harvest mistrust and make use of it with the improvements in mass communication.

Back then, agitators could only reach the small numbers who could hear them speak in person, through leaflets or via personal networks. Nationwide exposure on TV, or even in the papers, was almost unobtainable. Influence was minor and limited to certain circles.

Now the internet brings every opinion direct to your phone/computer. He who is cleverest at using that can make a big impact.

I don't believe there was genuinely less distrust (especially if you go back to the interwar period and before), just that it has become easier to manipulate and thus more dangerous.

Just as a note to this:

I used to work for a marketing company who were also a 'data warehouse'. We could target pretty much anyone who we had on file by keyword segmentation. We had more than 280 million people on our books in Europe alone.

If you don't already use AdBlock, Disconnect plug-ins for your browser, then you really should. With the proviso that you whitelist sites like TWTD and others you enjoy, of course.

Farage launches his new party on 20:25 - Apr 12 with 2579 viewsm14_blue

Farage launches his new party on 20:05 - Apr 12 by vapour_trail

Agree with all of that, apart from the unnecessary dig (at someone who actually has reflected on the campaign too).

Among the leading Brexiteers there hasn’t been a shred of humility or contrition since the vote. Almost everything they said has been shown to be demonstrably untrue and yet they have chosen to double down on their lies, spreading their bile and division ever deeper and increasing the warlike rhetoric which will inevitably lead to tragedy. How long before one of the yellow vest simpletons plants a bomb? Mark my words, the ERG, and their UKIP brethren will have blood on their hands before this is over. Not that they will acknowledge it of course.
Farage launches his new party on 20:30 - Apr 12 with 2551 viewsjjblue84

He’s right, they need a good kick up the arse and more!
Farage launches his new party on 20:30 - Apr 12 with 2559 viewsvapour_trail

Farage launches his new party on 20:16 - Apr 12 by Guthrum

I don’t agree. Trust in our institutions has collapsed over the last decade wherever it is measured. Some of this has been triggered by individual events, however the abrupt shift in how people access information has been the key driver.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024