Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Evans statement 11:50 - Apr 14 with 16686 viewsTractorCam

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Marcus Evans statement on 13:04 - Apr 14 with 2541 viewsSwansea_Blue

Unless I’m mistaken, he still seems focussed on the off pitch stuff. We’re not a normal business. Whilst the off field stuff is important it’s secondary to what happens on the pitch, and if we continue to feck that up his vague talk of being back in the Championship is meaningless. Much like his longstanding, unfocused goal of being in the PL. There’s always been a dissonance between his words and actions.

Ho hum. Time for a bit of a break from the worres I think and then let’s see what the new season brings.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 13:05]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Marcus Evans statement on 13:04 - Apr 14 with 2535 viewsblueconscience

Marcus Evans statement on 12:59 - Apr 14 by SpruceMoose

Some people just want to ignore an inconvenient reality.

A reality other chairmen have adapted to :)

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Marcus Evans statement on 13:05 - Apr 14 with 2532 viewsSpruceMoose

Marcus Evans statement on 13:04 - Apr 14 by blueconscience

A reality other chairmen have adapted to :)

Yeah. Just ask Blackpool or Bolton fans.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Marcus Evans statement on 13:06 - Apr 14 with 2525 viewsPJH

Marcus Evans statement on 13:05 - Apr 14 by SpruceMoose

Yes, people at Bolton like that Anderson bloke so much that they work for him for nothing...oh.
Marcus Evans statement on 13:08 - Apr 14 with 2522 viewsRyorry

Marcus Evans statement on 13:03 - Apr 14 by Fixed_It

I detect a false use of the term 'we'...

66notout's profile = 4 posts to his name, surprise surprise the first of which was on 12/04/2019; 1 comment which accrued -10 ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Marcus Evans statement on 13:08 - Apr 14 with 2520 viewsGunnsAirkick

Fair enough I'd say. Things are not going to be sorted overnight (there is plenty wrong), but if he really didn't care at all why even bother releasing a statement like this one?
Marcus Evans statement on 13:09 - Apr 14 with 2508 viewsblueconscience

Marcus Evans statement on 13:05 - Apr 14 by SpruceMoose

Or Bournemouth fans, or Wolves Fans :)

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Marcus Evans statement on 13:13 - Apr 14 with 2490 viewsSpruceMoose

Marcus Evans statement on 13:09 - Apr 14 by blueconscience

Tell me what you know about the owners of those clubs other than the fact they fling obscene and unsustainable amounts of money around.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

Marcus Evans statement on 13:15 - Apr 14 with 2483 views66notout

Marcus Evans statement on 13:08 - Apr 14 by Ryorry

66notout's profile = 4 posts to his name, surprise surprise the first of which was on 12/04/2019; 1 comment which accrued -10 ...

Cards on the table, not a great fan of a manager who has won three of his 28 games with Town and who has suffered relegation in successive seasons. Not what I see as the way forward, that’s all. But don’t dare dispute my love for the club.
Marcus Evans statement on 13:16 - Apr 14 with 2472 viewsRyorry

Marcus Evans statement on 13:15 - Apr 14 by 66notout

Cards on the table, not a great fan of a manager who has won three of his 28 games with Town and who has suffered relegation in successive seasons. Not what I see as the way forward, that’s all. But don’t dare dispute my love for the club.

Fair enough, apologies.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Marcus Evans statement on 13:17 - Apr 14 with 2469 viewsSpruceMoose

Marcus Evans statement on 13:15 - Apr 14 by 66notout

What do you see as the way forward out of interest?

Marcus Evans statement on 13:18 - Apr 14 with 2455 viewsblueconscience

Marcus Evans statement on 13:13 - Apr 14 by SpruceMoose

Tell me what you know about the owners of those clubs other than the fact they fling obscene and unsustainable amounts of money around.

That their owners didn’t fail like the two quoted to me.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 13:22]

Marcus Evans statement on 13:36 - Apr 14 with 2403 views66notout

Marcus Evans statement on 13:17 - Apr 14 by SpruceMoose

What do you see as the way forward out of interest?

A different manager and backroom team. Lots of other positive stuff, given the negativity of our current situation, but I fear both Evans and a large number of fans are sadly invested in the wrong man, a view which I am basing on his record in recent years. I would never dispute that he did a fantastic job at Norwich but I am more swayed by events at his other previous clubs.
Marcus Evans statement on 13:40 - Apr 14 with 2390 viewsSpruceMoose

Marcus Evans statement on 13:36 - Apr 14 by 66notout

A different manager and backroom team. Lots of other positive stuff, given the negativity of our current situation, but I fear both Evans and a large number of fans are sadly invested in the wrong man, a view which I am basing on his record in recent years. I would never dispute that he did a fantastic job at Norwich but I am more swayed by events at his other previous clubs.

You mean like Hurst and Doig?

Marcus Evans statement on 13:41 - Apr 14 with 2387 viewsSpruceMoose

Marcus Evans statement on 13:18 - Apr 14 by blueconscience

That their owners didn’t fail like the two quoted to me.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 13:22]

You could have just said that you knew nothing.

Marcus Evans statement on 13:41 - Apr 14 with 2386 viewsBLUEBEAT

Marcus Evans statement on 13:36 - Apr 14 by 66notout

Those clubs didn’t give him much time, though.

Poll: W or W

Marcus Evans statement on 13:48 - Apr 14 with 2371 views66notout

Marcus Evans statement on 13:41 - Apr 14 by BLUEBEAT

Those clubs didn’t give him much time, though.

Have you ever wondered why?
Marcus Evans statement on 13:48 - Apr 14 with 2370 viewsblueconscience

Marcus Evans statement on 13:41 - Apr 14 by SpruceMoose

You could have just said that you knew nothing.

You are not worth arguing with, you would disagree with someone saying the home strip is blue and white.

I was told of two clubs/owners who had failed, so I said two that didn’t.

Marcus Evans statement on 13:49 - Apr 14 with 2366 views66notout

Marcus Evans statement on 13:16 - Apr 14 by Ryorry

Fair enough, apologies.

Thank you.
Marcus Evans statement on 13:53 - Apr 14 with 2353 viewsLeaky

Marcus Evans statement on 13:09 - Apr 14 by blueconscience

Both of whom have experienced league 1 football recently
Marcus Evans statement on 13:55 - Apr 14 with 2348 viewsblueconscience

Marcus Evans statement on 13:53 - Apr 14 by Leaky

Both of whom have experienced league 1 football recently

So you think league one will make Marcus more willing to invest as required? Ifso then great. But I have my doubts.

But you can all bookmark this thread and rub it in, should it ever happen.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 14:00]

Marcus Evans statement on 14:32 - Apr 14 with 2295 viewsNo9

I would not have expected as much as that.
At least it is positive.
Sod off, you dick. (n/t) on 14:33 - Apr 14 with 2296 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Marcus Evans statement on 14:47 - Apr 14 with 2281 viewsGeminiblue

Given they've mentioned names of ‘experienced players’, do you think that means Bart will stay and Gerken will go? Or am I reading too much in to that?
Marcus Evans statement on 15:36 - Apr 14 with 2241 viewsTractorCam

Marcus Evans statement on 14:47 - Apr 14 by Geminiblue

Given they've mentioned names of ‘experienced players’, do you think that means Bart will stay and Gerken will go? Or am I reading too much in to that?

That bit got me too, probably not the best idea to mention Bart as i'm also certain he will leave, but now that could come back to bite him if he does as fans will start waving that one around.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024