Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some really worrying numbers here 09:11 - Apr 25 with 40418 viewsStokieBlue

500,000 UK children have missed a measles jab.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-48039524

I know there is a tiny chance of side-effects from the vaccine but overall the huge weight of evidence is that having the vaccine is statistically far better for any individual.

We will get anecdotal evidence no doubt which counters this but anecdotal evidence is tail events not the weight of probability.

Something needs to be done.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:53 - May 2 with 1993 viewscaught-in-limbo

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:44 - May 2 by StokieBlue

You're lying again, please stop.

"You support the compulsory vaccination of babies against diseases which cause the death of one in ten thousand."

Where have I actually said that?

If choice is based on false information is it really free?

Your comment was censored because it's a proven falsehood and it actually dangerous.
You should be ashamed of yourself for posting such things on here where they could actually have a harmful effect.

SB

Like I said, you completely missed how I pretexted the comment: "Well, if we're going down the scientific road of speculation..."

Anyway, I asked for a link to the study that disproves measles vaccine with autism, I'd love to read it - for reasons of public safety, of course.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:56 - May 2 with 1990 viewsDanTheMan

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:53 - May 2 by caught-in-limbo

Like I said, you completely missed how I pretexted the comment: "Well, if we're going down the scientific road of speculation..."

Anyway, I asked for a link to the study that disproves measles vaccine with autism, I'd love to read it - for reasons of public safety, of course.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24814559

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Some really worrying numbers here on 11:01 - May 2 with 1978 viewscaught-in-limbo

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:56 - May 2 by DanTheMan

Thanks, I'll check it out.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Some really worrying numbers here on 13:06 - May 2 with 1948 viewsHarry_Palmer

Some really worrying numbers here on 16:26 - May 1 by SpruceMoose

Seems unlikely. The anti-vaxx nutter making the rational person look silly? Sure thing.

I tell you what, you know those people who thinks the Earth is flat? Or that the Earth is only 3000 years old? Or that 9/11 was an inside job? You're their peer. That's how the world rightly sees you.
[Post edited 1 May 2019 16:26]

No, its how ignorant people who are not capable of any critical thinking whatsoever see me.

The fact that you belittle such an important and multi layered topic by drawing comparison with flat earth theory really says everything about you.

You are so determined not to be linked in any possible way to 'conspiracy theory' that you have completely blinded yourself to any evidence that contradicts your view. I post peer-reviewed studies - you ignore them, I post data from the office of national statistics - its 'dangerous nonsense'

To be honest its actually people like you that are dangerous to society not me, because by blindly following the hysteria around measles outbreaks and the subsequent rabid hatred towards all so-called 'anti vaxxers' you are helping to facilitate a society in your own country that is the complete opposite of the freedom it pretends to uphold.

Right now they are pushing through bills in all states to make vaccines mandatory, no exemptions, no freedom of choice, no informed consent, just the state telling you exactly what must be injected into your children and a pharmaceutical industry that is completely unaccountable when anything goes wrong, and for some poor souls it will.

If I can't get you to at least consider a different viewpoint on this, then perhaps this man can. I will leave you to ponder the words of state senator heard from Oregan who describes the people at the top of the Pharma companies as some of "the most corrupt, evil people on the planet" But I guess he's just an 'anti-vax conspiracy nutter' as well?

Some really worrying numbers here on 13:16 - May 2 with 1937 viewsHarry_Palmer

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:56 - May 2 by DanTheMan

Or there's these 157 studies that support the possibility that there is a link...

https://www.scribd.com/doc/220807175/157-Research-Papers-Supporting-the-Vaccine-

Or the senior CDC official that also admitted that vaccines could be a trigger in certain children.

https://sharylattkisson.com/2018/12/cdc-possibility-that-vaccines-rarely-trigger

Who to believe eh?

Disclaimer, now I do confess, I have not reviewed all of the 157 studies but it is just to show that there is science out there that contradicts the repeated mantra.
[Post edited 2 May 2019 13:36]
Some really worrying numbers here on 13:25 - May 2 with 1917 viewsStokieBlue

Some really worrying numbers here on 13:16 - May 2 by Harry_Palmer

Or there's these 157 studies that support the possibility that there is a link...

https://www.scribd.com/doc/220807175/157-Research-Papers-Supporting-the-Vaccine-

Or the senior CDC official that also admitted that vaccines could be a trigger in certain children.

https://sharylattkisson.com/2018/12/cdc-possibility-that-vaccines-rarely-trigger

Who to believe eh?

Disclaimer, now I do confess, I have not reviewed all of the 157 studies but it is just to show that there is science out there that contradicts the repeated mantra.

I don't know what to say anymore, you're dangerous and this type of misinformation which can lead to actual real life consequences shouldn't be allowed on this site.

SB

Some really worrying numbers here on 13:38 - May 2 with 1888 viewsHarry_Palmer

Some really worrying numbers here on 13:25 - May 2 by StokieBlue

I don't know what to say anymore, you're dangerous and this type of misinformation which can lead to actual real life consequences shouldn't be allowed on this site.

SB

Why am I dangerous? I've not conducted the studies and I didn't make the comments in the other link, a CDC official did.
Some really worrying numbers here on 13:40 - May 2 with 1883 viewsSpruceMoose

Some really worrying numbers here on 13:16 - May 2 by Harry_Palmer

Who to believe eh?

Oh please. Sharyl Attkisson? She of the Sinclair Broadcast group? The organisation who just can't stop pushing the lunatic right wing agenda? The one who claims the government is hacking into her computers? She lost her mind when Obama took office. She's a joke. As is her article you linked to. Give me a break. I'd encourage everyone to actually read the transcript. Utterly twisted, yet again, to fit the anti-vax agenda. All it shows its that you don't understand the scientific process, or that you are more than happy to willfully misrepresent it.

As for your 157 'studies', I got as far as study number two when I realised that if you're offering up little more than a bogus internet survey masquerading as serious research then there's no point taking you seriously. This paper was peer reviewed by such leading idiots as Linda Mullin Elkins, a chiropractor at Life University (I sh!t you not!)

A little research into 'Life University' shows that it bills itself as:

"We are at the forefront of the vitalistic health revolution by offering studies within the fields of Chiropractic, Functional Kinesiology, Vitalistic Nutrition, Positive Psychology, Functional Neurology and Positive Business, using entrepreneurship for social change."

"Vitalistic nutrition”? “Functional kinesiology”? “Vitalistic health revolution” - utter, utter bobbins. You insult us if you think we won't actually look into what you try so hard to portray as serious research.

Also worth noting that Frontiers in Public Health pulled the article from publication citing "This article was provisionally accepted but not published. In response to concerns raised, we have reopened its review. "

If these are the best arguments you can find to back up your nonsense then you really are scraping the bottom of the barrel.
[Post edited 2 May 2019 13:47]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Some really worrying numbers here on 14:17 - May 2 with 1846 viewseireblue

Some really worrying numbers here on 13:38 - May 2 by Harry_Palmer

Why am I dangerous? I've not conducted the studies and I didn't make the comments in the other link, a CDC official did.

I had a quick scan of the first 10 or so.

You are not a scientist, but can understand English.

None of the first 10, are proving anything.

All but 1 of them suggest the result of their study, isn’t to stop vaccination. They all use terms like, “this may...”, “ further studies are needed”.

You personally are presenting 157 studies as proof of something, and haven’t yet read their conclusions.

By the way, a previous study you placed on here, one of the recommendations was that two vaccines should be considered for better protection than one.

I suggest you read all 157 reports, and all critiques of every single report.
[Post edited 2 May 2019 14:19]
Some really worrying numbers here on 15:06 - May 2 with 1812 viewsHarry_Palmer

Some really worrying numbers here on 13:40 - May 2 by SpruceMoose

Oh please. Sharyl Attkisson? She of the Sinclair Broadcast group? The organisation who just can't stop pushing the lunatic right wing agenda? The one who claims the government is hacking into her computers? She lost her mind when Obama took office. She's a joke. As is her article you linked to. Give me a break. I'd encourage everyone to actually read the transcript. Utterly twisted, yet again, to fit the anti-vax agenda. All it shows its that you don't understand the scientific process, or that you are more than happy to willfully misrepresent it.

As for your 157 'studies', I got as far as study number two when I realised that if you're offering up little more than a bogus internet survey masquerading as serious research then there's no point taking you seriously. This paper was peer reviewed by such leading idiots as Linda Mullin Elkins, a chiropractor at Life University (I sh!t you not!)

A little research into 'Life University' shows that it bills itself as:

"We are at the forefront of the vitalistic health revolution by offering studies within the fields of Chiropractic, Functional Kinesiology, Vitalistic Nutrition, Positive Psychology, Functional Neurology and Positive Business, using entrepreneurship for social change."

"Vitalistic nutrition”? “Functional kinesiology”? “Vitalistic health revolution” - utter, utter bobbins. You insult us if you think we won't actually look into what you try so hard to portray as serious research.

Also worth noting that Frontiers in Public Health pulled the article from publication citing "This article was provisionally accepted but not published. In response to concerns raised, we have reopened its review. "

If these are the best arguments you can find to back up your nonsense then you really are scraping the bottom of the barrel.
[Post edited 2 May 2019 13:47]

I did say I had not looked at those studies in detail so ok with hindsight they were not the best examples and I never actually claimed that they proved anything. The other article was article relevant for the Dr De Stefano's comments not the site it was on, but of course it suits you best to focus on the latter.

Seeing are you are at least attempting some sort of debate on the subject, how did you feel about Senator Heard's speech on my other post which you seem to have overlooked? And are you in favour of Mandatory vaccination for all and the State deciding which medical treatment you should or shouldn't have?
Some really worrying numbers here on 15:13 - May 2 with 1801 viewsStokieBlue

Some really worrying numbers here on 15:06 - May 2 by Harry_Palmer

I did say I had not looked at those studies in detail so ok with hindsight they were not the best examples and I never actually claimed that they proved anything. The other article was article relevant for the Dr De Stefano's comments not the site it was on, but of course it suits you best to focus on the latter.

Seeing are you are at least attempting some sort of debate on the subject, how did you feel about Senator Heard's speech on my other post which you seem to have overlooked? And are you in favour of Mandatory vaccination for all and the State deciding which medical treatment you should or shouldn't have?

I think that post is a bit disingenuous.

Harry: "I never actually claimed that they proved anything":
Harry: "Or there's these 157 studies that support the possibility that there is a link... "

You were implying they had equal weight to fully reviewed and published studies which show that vaccines don't cause autism. It muddies the waters and can lead to bad decisions.

"Disclaimer, now I do confess, I have not reviewed all of the 157 studies but it is just to show that there is science out there that contradicts the repeated mantra."

It's not science though which is what Spruce and Eire were pointing out.

SB
[Post edited 2 May 2019 15:15]

Some really worrying numbers here on 15:33 - May 2 with 1781 viewsWeWereZombies

Interesting...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-48130848

'The ship is reportedly the Freewinds, which is said to be owned and operated by the Church of Scientology.'

Sir Michael Caine's book choice on Desert Island Discs? The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00pbltz

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Some really worrying numbers here on 15:54 - May 2 with 1761 viewseireblue

I really do think, in the politest possible way, you should go away and actually read all the stuff you are posting.

Also, all the stuff that critiques the stuff you are posting.

Then all the science articles that support a counter view point.
Then sit down and and understand it all.

Then decide if you want to make a point about civil liberties, or the science of vaccination.

Until then, maybe you should consider not posting on these topics.
Some really worrying numbers here on 16:05 - May 2 with 1751 viewsHarry_Palmer

Some really worrying numbers here on 15:13 - May 2 by StokieBlue

I think that post is a bit disingenuous.

Harry: "I never actually claimed that they proved anything":
Harry: "Or there's these 157 studies that support the possibility that there is a link... "

You were implying they had equal weight to fully reviewed and published studies which show that vaccines don't cause autism. It muddies the waters and can lead to bad decisions.

"Disclaimer, now I do confess, I have not reviewed all of the 157 studies but it is just to show that there is science out there that contradicts the repeated mantra."

It's not science though which is what Spruce and Eire were pointing out.

SB
[Post edited 2 May 2019 15:15]

I accept it was careless of me to post that link without having fully reviewed all of them personally ( which would take a rather long time! ), however you have actually highlighted yourself that I only stated they support the possibility of a link, not that they are conclusive proof.

There is however stronger evidence of this link but I will refrain from posting on this occasion as I think the board has probably had enough of this thread for now.
Some really worrying numbers here on 17:00 - May 2 with 1718 viewsSpruceMoose

Some really worrying numbers here on 16:05 - May 2 by Harry_Palmer

I accept it was careless of me to post that link without having fully reviewed all of them personally ( which would take a rather long time! ), however you have actually highlighted yourself that I only stated they support the possibility of a link, not that they are conclusive proof.

There is however stronger evidence of this link but I will refrain from posting on this occasion as I think the board has probably had enough of this thread for now.

Not for now. For good.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024