Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some really worrying numbers here 09:11 - Apr 25 with 40427 viewsStokieBlue

500,000 UK children have missed a measles jab.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-48039524

I know there is a tiny chance of side-effects from the vaccine but overall the huge weight of evidence is that having the vaccine is statistically far better for any individual.

We will get anecdotal evidence no doubt which counters this but anecdotal evidence is tail events not the weight of probability.

Something needs to be done.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Some really worrying numbers here on 17:16 - Apr 26 with 4210 viewsSpruceMoose

Some really worrying numbers here on 17:13 - Apr 26 by jjblue84

Haha, enjoy your world...

Ha ha don't sulk. You're not the first person I've mugged off on here.

It's amusing to read the excuses you keep coming up with to avoid actually posting your Dear Diary piece though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Some really worrying numbers here on 17:19 - Apr 26 with 4204 viewsjjblue84

Some really worrying numbers here on 17:16 - Apr 26 by SpruceMoose

Ha ha don't sulk. You're not the first person I've mugged off on here.

It's amusing to read the excuses you keep coming up with to avoid actually posting your Dear Diary piece though.

You're just so *dull*. Never anything interesting to say, and rarely in possession of the facts...but you do *enjoy* your ignorance, so that's good for you!
Some really worrying numbers here on 17:25 - Apr 26 with 4195 viewsSpruceMoose

Some really worrying numbers here on 17:19 - Apr 26 by jjblue84

You're just so *dull*. Never anything interesting to say, and rarely in possession of the facts...but you do *enjoy* your ignorance, so that's good for you!

Post your essay.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Some really worrying numbers here on 17:26 - Apr 26 with 4190 viewsjjblue84

Some really worrying numbers here on 17:25 - Apr 26 by SpruceMoose

Post your essay.

The lights are on but no-ones home!
Some really worrying numbers here on 17:28 - Apr 26 with 4187 viewsSpruceMoose

Some really worrying numbers here on 17:26 - Apr 26 by jjblue84

The lights are on but no-ones home!

With spelling and grammar like that it isn't any wonder Phil laughed his c0ck off as he binned your writing

Some really worrying numbers here on 17:28 - Apr 26 with 4190 viewsStokieBlue

Some really worrying numbers here on 12:11 - Apr 26 by Harry_Palmer

1) https://physiciansforinformedconsent.org/measles/dis/
"between 1959 and 1962, annually there were 400 measles deaths out of 4 million cases, about 1 in 10,000 cases".
The graph yet again shows the decline in deaths well and truly underway from about 1940, well before the vaccine was introduced.

2) I never implied it was full blown, I said atypical measles.

3) Asking me for sources but all the time but no source provided by yourself.

4) Probability is not proof but ok I will retract the 'highly ineffective' and change that to 'shown to sometimes be ineffective'

5) The Vaers website is available to all, take a look.

6) Sorry about that, we'll leave that one, I think 9 is enough to be getting on with.

7) Its self explanatory. A baseline figure is not really relevant.

8) Yes, its true.

9) Can't access your link, but Thompson confessed to omitting data that showed there was an Autism link, not the other way around. There are many other studies that also provide links to autism and other neurological development conditions, a few links below. I am not suggesting vaccines are THE cause but there is evidence that they can be a contributing factor in susceptible individuals. And no I am not ashamed of stating the truth.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19773461 ( fever being one of the most common listed vaccine side effects )
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4215490/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=19106436

10) Not at all, just highlighting the fact that getting measles doesn't always end in disaster and can even have a positive side effect.

1). That's a known anti-vax group and thus it's not really a reliable source.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-strange-saga-of-peter-gotzsche-and-physicia

Here you can see even at the worst case it's 0.2% in developed countries, an order of magnitude more than the extremely low figure you provided:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidemiology_of_measles

2). "he measles vaccine contains the live virus meaning you can acquire the very disease you hope to avoid from the vaccine."

So explicitly said (let alone implied) you could get measles so please don't be disingenuous. Furthermore the "atypical" measles you mention is very mild indeed so to use it as a negative is misleading.

3). What bit do you want a source for? You haven't even said which bit you disagree with.

4). I'd say that's even too strong. We know how effective it is, it's 97%+ effective with two jabs.

5). I can't see the starting date of the data - is it 1990?

7). Of course a baseline figure is needed. If the previous figure was 1 then an increase to 4 cases isn't really showing anything, it could just mean a number of people for who the vaccine doesn't work are all in contact with each other. The figures as you posted them are totally meaningless.

8). And? What is your point exactly? Every medicine has possible reactions, that is why they are listed. Paracetamol has a list of possible reactions. Even hayfever tablets have a list. It's a misleading point as the number sounds a lot. It's preying on peoples emotions rather than rational reasoning.

9). The whole paper has been retracted yet you cite it - why is that? It's a not a reasonable thing to do. He said this:

"I regret that my coauthors and I omitted statistically significant information in our 2004 article published in the journal Pediatrics. The omitted data suggested that African American males who received the MMR vaccine before age 36 months were at increased risk for autism. Decisions were made regarding which findings to report after the data were collected, and I believe that the final study protocol was not followed.
I want to be absolutely clear that I believe vaccines have saved and continue to save countless lives. I would never suggest that any parent avoid vaccinating children of any race. Vaccines prevent serious diseases, and the risks associated with their administration are vastly outweighed by their individual and societal benefits."

So he says everyone should vaccinate their children - why are you using him as evidence not to vaccinate?

10). The thing is that having measles is more likely to end in "disaster" than not having it because you've drastically reduced your chances via a vaccination. I don't think anybody should do that and saying their might be beneficial outcomes later in life is muddying the waters and I feel a bit irresponsible.

SB

Some really worrying numbers here on 17:29 - Apr 26 with 4180 viewsmos

Some really worrying numbers here on 09:49 - Apr 25 by StokieBlue

We've been over this, you refused to actually address the points last time. I know you have anecdotal evidence which blinds you in this case but the weight of scientific opinion isn't on your side.

What "poisons" are in the measles vaccine?

The vaccine doesn't guarantee protection but it gives a high probability of protection. If everyone has it then the chances of coming into contact with the disease are greatly reduced thus herd immunity does work regardless of your statements to the converse. You don't seem to look at this from a probabilistic angle, more an absolutes angle which isn't the way it should be viewed.

Why would I need a booster? Two shots is enough for a lifetime. As for other items I've had many boosters via my travelling. Not sure what your point is?

Where is your evidence that I'm not protected? Science doesn't agree with you I'm afraid. The immune response doesn't suddenly disappear over time.

SB

In fairness, the measles virus is actually in the vaccine itself.

Obviously that’s the point of a vaccine, but still worthy of note.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Some really worrying numbers here on 17:34 - Apr 26 with 4172 viewsStokieBlue

Some really worrying numbers here on 17:29 - Apr 26 by mos

In fairness, the measles virus is actually in the vaccine itself.

Obviously that’s the point of a vaccine, but still worthy of note.

I think you need to read the rest of the thread as that's been covered (and I don't think I ever said it wasn't present).

What needs to be distinguished though is that it isn't the full flavour measles virus, it's a heavily weakened one that at most will give you a very minor case which is easily shrugged off by the body if you do develop any symptoms. To claim that "measles" which in my mind means the full thing is present (as was done) is misleading.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

Some really worrying numbers here on 17:47 - Apr 26 with 4150 viewsmos

Some really worrying numbers here on 17:34 - Apr 26 by StokieBlue

I think you need to read the rest of the thread as that's been covered (and I don't think I ever said it wasn't present).

What needs to be distinguished though is that it isn't the full flavour measles virus, it's a heavily weakened one that at most will give you a very minor case which is easily shrugged off by the body if you do develop any symptoms. To claim that "measles" which in my mind means the full thing is present (as was done) is misleading.

SB

You are injected with inactive/faulty measles virus. That’s what happens.

I recall having the injection 2 years ago, which gave me terrible side effects for several days after the injection. I could not sleep, focus and to an extent even walk. No overall damage was done, and they were simply side effects, but it was awful.

Some of my friends had no side effects at all, but many people had similar side effects to me.

Presumably we are all safe from something much worse, which is the full on measles virus itself.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Some really worrying numbers here on 17:53 - Apr 26 with 4143 viewsStokieBlue

Some really worrying numbers here on 17:47 - Apr 26 by mos

You are injected with inactive/faulty measles virus. That’s what happens.

I recall having the injection 2 years ago, which gave me terrible side effects for several days after the injection. I could not sleep, focus and to an extent even walk. No overall damage was done, and they were simply side effects, but it was awful.

Some of my friends had no side effects at all, but many people had similar side effects to me.

Presumably we are all safe from something much worse, which is the full on measles virus itself.

Unless you believe that measles isn't really that bad and actually could be beneficial later in life as has been rather worryingly postulated in this thread.

SB

Some really worrying numbers here on 18:50 - Apr 26 with 4095 viewsjjblue84

Some really worrying numbers here on 17:28 - Apr 26 by SpruceMoose

With spelling and grammar like that it isn't any wonder Phil laughed his c0ck off as he binned your writing

Let me know if there's something you don't understand...oh hang on..
Some really worrying numbers here on 18:52 - Apr 26 with 4093 viewsSpruceMoose

Some really worrying numbers here on 18:50 - Apr 26 by jjblue84

Let me know if there's something you don't understand...oh hang on..

Why your mother didn't drown you at birth would be my number one question.

Number two would be why you won't post your beloved blog you keep going on and on about.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2019 18:53]

Some really worrying numbers here on 18:53 - Apr 26 with 4089 viewsjjblue84

Some really worrying numbers here on 18:52 - Apr 26 by SpruceMoose

Why your mother didn't drown you at birth would be my number one question.

Number two would be why you won't post your beloved blog you keep going on and on about.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2019 18:53]

just never anything of note...
Some really worrying numbers here on 20:07 - Apr 26 with 4055 viewsbluebud

Some really worrying numbers here on 15:20 - Apr 26 by jjblue84

Admin only bans what it disagrees with, not what's right and wrong! And I speak from personal experience as Phil still has my blog chained up in his dungeon!

...you should post it yourself mate, the more the merrier.
Some really worrying numbers here on 20:12 - Apr 26 with 4048 viewsbluebud

Some really worrying numbers here on 21:34 - Apr 26 with 4022 viewsEdmundo

Some really worrying numbers here on 09:49 - Apr 25 by BlueBadger

It is of course, pure coincidence that measles deaths are practically non-existent since we started vaccinating all children against easily preventable diseases and pure coincidences that outbreaks are on the up since idiots decided that their opinions are on a par with hard facts.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 9:53]

If you look at the data from the start of the 20th century, measles outbreaks (and deaths) were going down well before the 1968 measles vaccine introduction. The chart here shows this quite well:
Ultimately it's a personal decision that every parent has to take.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Some really worrying numbers here on 21:41 - Apr 26 with 4013 viewsm14_blue

Some really worrying numbers here on 21:34 - Apr 26 by Edmundo

If you look at the data from the start of the 20th century, measles outbreaks (and deaths) were going down well before the 1968 measles vaccine introduction. The chart here shows this quite well:

Some really worrying numbers here on 21:46 - Apr 26 with 4006 viewsWD19

Some really worrying numbers here on 21:34 - Apr 26 by Edmundo

You want to keep your fingers crossed nobody has bothered to post a chart of the actual numbers immediately before your post otherwise you might end up looking a bit silly.

Oh....
[Post edited 26 Apr 2019 21:47]
Some really worrying numbers here on 21:51 - Apr 26 with 4000 viewsEdmundo

Some really worrying numbers here on 21:46 - Apr 26 by WD19

You want to keep your fingers crossed nobody has bothered to post a chart of the actual numbers immediately before your post otherwise you might end up looking a bit silly.

Oh....
[Post edited 26 Apr 2019 21:47]

Right so UK Office of National Statistics numbers are fake, whereas the USA numbers are real? I know the data i posted was used in court a few years ago. Look at the dates... hygiene has as much a role in the decline of infectious disease as vaccination. I'm not saying that vaccination isn't a good thing, but its role in developed countries is overstated.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Some really worrying numbers here on 21:55 - Apr 26 with 3993 viewsPhilTWTD

Some really worrying numbers here on 15:20 - Apr 26 by jjblue84

Admin only bans what it disagrees with, not what's right and wrong! And I speak from personal experience as Phil still has my blog chained up in his dungeon!

Little tired of being misrepresented on this now. If I remember rightly, nothing was banned. You wrote a blog, there were a couple of factual errors, I suggested changes in a PM, you didn't respond - and I forgot about it - until you claimed it had been censored on here several months to a year later.
Some really worrying numbers here on 21:57 - Apr 26 with 3990 viewsPhilTWTD

Some really worrying numbers here on 17:40 - Apr 25 by Harry_Palmer

Please point out the potentially dangerous falsehoods in the post concerned. It is a fact that people get damaged from vaccines and it is also a fact that adverse reactions are under reported. It is also a fact that vaccines do not guarantee protection.

I didn't have you down as one for censorship Phil, but maybe I was wrong.

I think others have more than adequately pointed out the inaccuracies.
Some really worrying numbers here on 21:58 - Apr 26 with 3988 viewsWD19

Some really worrying numbers here on 21:51 - Apr 26 by Edmundo

Right so UK Office of National Statistics numbers are fake, whereas the USA numbers are real? I know the data i posted was used in court a few years ago. Look at the dates... hygiene has as much a role in the decline of infectious disease as vaccination. I'm not saying that vaccination isn't a good thing, but its role in developed countries is overstated.

The key bit here is that vaccination is a key part of the progress and anything that undermines that message is spectacularly unhelpful and a completely unnecessary risk to human health. I draw the line when the health of real human beings is compromised by ppl being numpties on the internet.
Some really worrying numbers here on 22:30 - Apr 26 with 3964 viewsSpruceMoose

Some really worrying numbers here on 21:55 - Apr 26 by PhilTWTD

Little tired of being misrepresented on this now. If I remember rightly, nothing was banned. You wrote a blog, there were a couple of factual errors, I suggested changes in a PM, you didn't respond - and I forgot about it - until you claimed it had been censored on here several months to a year later.

Lol. What a clown.

Some really worrying numbers here on 23:29 - Apr 26 with 3943 viewsjjblue84

Some really worrying numbers here on 21:55 - Apr 26 by PhilTWTD

You refused to publish it, there were no factual errors, you simply disagreed with my points.
Some really worrying numbers here on 23:33 - Apr 26 with 3937 viewsWeWereZombies

Some really worrying numbers here on 23:29 - Apr 26 by jjblue84

You refused to publish it, there were no factual errors, you simply disagreed with my points.

And you will break all your toys if you keep on throwing them out of your pram.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024