Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some really worrying numbers here 09:11 - Apr 25 with 40431 viewsStokieBlue

500,000 UK children have missed a measles jab.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-48039524

I know there is a tiny chance of side-effects from the vaccine but overall the huge weight of evidence is that having the vaccine is statistically far better for any individual.

We will get anecdotal evidence no doubt which counters this but anecdotal evidence is tail events not the weight of probability.

Something needs to be done.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

on 11:15 - Apr 25 with 4835 views_

Some really worrying numbers here on 09:42 - Apr 25 by Harry_Palmer

Very encouraging numbers actually, it shows UK parents are starting to wake up to the reality that injecting documented poisons into your children is not a good idea and will certainly never make them healthy.

I note you mention the 'tiny' chance of side effects but fail to mention the also 'tiny' chance of any serious complications arising from measles in otherwise healthy individuals.

Of course, it is impossible to get a fair comparison of the risk because only a small percentage of adverse vaccine reactions are ever officially reported and those that do are often dismissed as coincidence and not accepted as a Vaccine reaction.

I also note you don't mention that getting measles offers guaranteed lifelong immunity from getting measles again whereas getting the vaccine a) does not guarantee protection at all and b) any immunity gained does not last indefinitely.

Have you had a booster of all the main vaccines yourself Stokie? (seeing as you are probably not now protected against anything you haven't had)

Some really worrying numbers here on 11:15 - Apr 25 with 4836 viewsSwansea_Blue

Some really worrying numbers here on 11:10 - Apr 25 by WeWereZombies

Also a historical attitude towards immunisation that it 'goes against the will of God' or something, in Victorian times there actually had to be prosecutions to make people comply with treatment to prevent epidemics. Unfortunately a bit of family tree research unearthed one such case of an ancestor being summoned before the beak in Ipswich because he refused to be inoculated. A bit further afield there was a good case of someone who ignored health warnings, nice lady:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Mallon

Blimey!

Maybe we should stop calling them anti-vaxxers and use terms like 'plague promoters' or 'pro-diseasers' instead?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Some really worrying numbers here on 11:44 - Apr 25 with 4804 viewsMattinLondon

Some really worrying numbers here on 11:15 - Apr 25 by Swansea_Blue

Blimey!

Maybe we should stop calling them anti-vaxxers and use terms like 'plague promoters' or 'pro-diseasers' instead?

What’s wrong with ‘f***** idiots’?
Some really worrying numbers here on 11:58 - Apr 25 with 4789 viewsSwansea_Blue

Some really worrying numbers here on 11:44 - Apr 25 by MattinLondon

What’s wrong with ‘f***** idiots’?

Good point

Some really worrying numbers here on 12:37 - Apr 25 with 4767 viewsWeWereZombies

Some really worrying numbers here on 11:15 - Apr 25 by Swansea_Blue

Blimey!

Well there was a film called 'Dirty Harry'...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Some really worrying numbers here on 13:09 - Apr 25 with 4753 viewsm14_blue

Very encouraging numbers actually, it shows UK parents are starting to wake up to the reality that injecting documented poisons into your children is not a good idea and will certainly never make them healthy.

I note you mention the 'tiny' chance of side effects but fail to mention the also 'tiny' chance of any serious complications arising from measles in otherwise healthy individuals.

Of course, it is impossible to get a fair comparison of the risk because only a small percentage of adverse vaccine reactions are ever officially reported and those that do are often dismissed as coincidence and not accepted as a Vaccine reaction.

I also note you don't mention that getting measles offers guaranteed lifelong immunity from getting measles again whereas getting the vaccine a) does not guarantee protection at all and b) any immunity gained does not last indefinitely.

Have you had a booster of all the main vaccines yourself Stokie? (seeing as you are probably not now protected against anything you haven't had)

Scary.

A new age of ignorance is upon us.
Some really worrying numbers here on 13:13 - Apr 25 with 4753 viewsm14_blue

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:56 - Apr 25 by Swansea_Blue

The next step is to cheat and cherry pick data to show what you want to show. Happens all the time.

I'm not sure what the driver is behind these anti-vaxxer conspiracies. I've never really looked into it. I understand climate change, as that's obviously something the oil and gas lobby need to fight to preserve consumption of their product. But anti-vax? It must simply be pure paranoia similar to the flat earthers. Dunno.

Idiots being idiots.
Some really worrying numbers here on 13:32 - Apr 25 with 4737 viewsjjblue84

The poster might well be wrong but it’s not abuse, silly TWTD!
Login to get fewer ads

Some really worrying numbers here on 14:23 - Apr 25 with 4721 viewsMattinLondon

Some really worrying numbers here on 13:09 - Apr 25 by m14_blue

Scary.

Yep- pretty sure that in a previous post he mentioned he has kids. Scary indeed.
Some really worrying numbers here on 14:41 - Apr 25 with 4716 viewsSpruceMoose

I always have tried to debate this with you respectfully. But your post has crossed a line I'm afraid. You're stupid and dangerous.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Some really worrying numbers here on 15:03 - Apr 25 with 4688 viewsSpruceMoose

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:49 - Apr 25 by Swansea_Blue

It's cool. I like how the data they use to show that vaccines don't work actually shows a huge and immediate fall in incidences of measles after the introduction of the vaccine (licenced in the mid-60s). Top line below.

[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 11:05]

Meanwhile in my city...

<a href=" https://ibb.co/GCr0LZ6"> src=" https://i.ibb.co/NWGsP0v/b.png" alt="b" border="0"></a>

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/24/health/measles-outbreaks-us.html

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Some really worrying numbers here on 15:34 - Apr 25 with 4671 viewsSwansea_Blue

Some really worrying numbers here on 15:03 - Apr 25 by SpruceMoose

Meanwhile in my city...

<a href=" https://ibb.co/GCr0LZ6"> src=" https://i.ibb.co/NWGsP0v/b.png" alt="b" border="0"></a>

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/24/health/measles-outbreaks-us.html

Sacrifice another goat, that'll sort it.

Some really worrying numbers here on 16:26 - Apr 25 with 4655 viewsHarry_Palmer

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:43 - Apr 25 by StokieBlue

We’ve been over this. The vaccine reduces the chances of getting measles but it’s not 100%. It likely helped you fight the disease as your body already had some idea what to do.

Why do you think that the immune response is maintained over time if you get measles but isn’t maintained over time if you have the vaccine?

SB

Its a proven fact that you cannot get measles twice. Its also a proven fact that the vaccine doesn't guarantee immunity at all in everybody so therefore it stands to reason it cannot guarantee lifelong immunity.
Some really worrying numbers here on 16:27 - Apr 25 with 4653 viewsHarry_Palmer

Some really worrying numbers here on 13:09 - Apr 25 by m14_blue

Scary.

I know, I am trying to help but some of you are very hard work.
Some really worrying numbers here on 16:30 - Apr 25 with 4647 viewsHarry_Palmer

Some really worrying numbers here on 13:32 - Apr 25 by jjblue84

The poster might well be wrong but it’s not abuse, silly TWTD!

Its ok, I understand that people get angry when confronted with views that go against the lies they have been sold, it hurts. I'm sure admin will see that there was zero abuse and reprimand the plonker concerned for wasting their time.
Some really worrying numbers here on 16:34 - Apr 25 with 4641 viewsHarry_Palmer

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:36 - Apr 25 by BlueBadger

You see that BIG drop-off around 1968? That's when the vaccine was introduced. The numbers are overwhelmingly showing the opposite to what you think they do and supporting the notion that vaccines, in conjunction with improved healthcare and public health legislation, prevent deaths.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 11:02]

It was introduced in 1963 in the states and 64 over here but don't let facts concern you.

The graphs show a steady decline was already ongoing well before the vaccine was introduced. Any drop in 1968 was in spite of the vaccine not because of. I invite you to prove otherwise.
Some really worrying numbers here on 16:39 - Apr 25 with 4626 viewsStokieBlue

Some really worrying numbers here on 16:26 - Apr 25 by Harry_Palmer

Its a proven fact that you cannot get measles twice. Its also a proven fact that the vaccine doesn't guarantee immunity at all in everybody so therefore it stands to reason it cannot guarantee lifelong immunity.

That statement is false.

It either protects you or it doesn't. It doesn't protect you for a bit and then stop working so please stop misrepresenting facts. The immune response is the same in both instances, you can't claim it works in one and not the other.

SB
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 16:58]

Some really worrying numbers here on 16:40 - Apr 25 with 4625 viewsBlueBadger

Some really worrying numbers here on 16:34 - Apr 25 by Harry_Palmer

It was introduced in 1963 in the states and 64 over here but don't let facts concern you.

The graphs show a steady decline was already ongoing well before the vaccine was introduced. Any drop in 1968 was in spite of the vaccine not because of. I invite you to prove otherwise.

!963 was the first licened vaccine, 1968 was a refined, improved vaccine. So, essentially, the first generation of vaccines wasn't effective, the second, very.

Remind me again of the last time someone died of polio or smallpox?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Some really worrying numbers here on 16:42 - Apr 25 with 4624 viewsBlueBadger

Some really worrying numbers here on 16:27 - Apr 25 by Harry_Palmer

I know, I am trying to help but some of you are very hard work.

All those irritating facts and hard data keep getting in the way, eh?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Some really worrying numbers here on 16:44 - Apr 25 with 4621 viewsStokieBlue

Some really worrying numbers here on 16:40 - Apr 25 by BlueBadger

!963 was the first licened vaccine, 1968 was a refined, improved vaccine. So, essentially, the first generation of vaccines wasn't effective, the second, very.

Interestingly it was 1978 and actually in the UK. It was also caused by a laboratory research sample since the virus was gone in the wild due to having very few vectors of infection due to herd immunity.

Only if you believe herd immunity works of course.

SB

Some really worrying numbers here on 16:49 - Apr 25 with 4618 viewsHarry_Palmer

Some really worrying numbers here on 14:41 - Apr 25 by SpruceMoose

I always have tried to debate this with you respectfully. But your post has crossed a line I'm afraid. You're stupid and dangerous.

Dangerous for posting a view different to yours on the internet, good one. Besides, you must be mistaking me for a poster that gives any actual fvcks about what you think.
Some really worrying numbers here on 17:04 - Apr 25 with 4603 viewsgiant_stow

Some really worrying numbers here on 16:49 - Apr 25 by Harry_Palmer

Dangerous for posting a view different to yours on the internet, good one. Besides, you must be mistaking me for a poster that gives any actual fvcks about what you think.

Assuming you're right, can I ask why the medical community would be misleading everybody on this? I don't understand whats in it for them....

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Some really worrying numbers here on 17:08 - Apr 25 with 4599 viewsHarry_Palmer

Some really worrying numbers here on 16:40 - Apr 25 by BlueBadger

There is not even a vaccine for smallpox anymore so not sure how that is relevant, of course I am sure you believe not only that the vaccine saved everybody but that it also wiped out the virus for eternity.

As for Polio well that's a big can of worms to open in itself but we'll save that for another day.
Some really worrying numbers here on 17:23 - Apr 25 with 4598 viewsPhilTWTD

Some really worrying numbers here on 16:30 - Apr 25 by Harry_Palmer

Its ok, I understand that people get angry when confronted with views that go against the lies they have been sold, it hurts. I'm sure admin will see that there was zero abuse and reprimand the plonker concerned for wasting their time.

Admin thinks it's perfectly understandable that people would report potentially dangerous falsehoods as abuse.
Some really worrying numbers here on 17:24 - Apr 25 with 4591 viewsEireannach_gorm

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:32 - Apr 25 by Harry_Palmer

I think you might find that mortality rates were already on a steep decline well before the measles vaccine was introduced.

I think you might also find access to better food, clean drinking water, improved sanitation, and less overcrowded and better living conditions may just have played a little part as well.

Seeing as you seem to struggle with the whole 'thinking' bit, here are some 'facts' to help you out a bit. You can thank me later.

https://childhealthsafety.wordpress.com/graphs/

The nature of human risk perception may also contribute to a preference for disease over the vaccine. A study showed that parents judged symptoms following vaccination as more severe than when the very same symptoms occurred during a disease . This bias occurs because humans tend to regret negative outcomes that result from their own actions more — because they feel guilty — than when the same outcomes occur due to inaction — because it’s fate. This effect can cause minor safety concerns to have disproportionately detrimental effects on vaccine uptake. Understanding this bias can help to make less biased decisions .

Taken from:
https://ecdc.europa.eu/en/measles/prevention-and-control/addressing-misconceptio
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024