Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we get promoted straight back as Champions 19:29 - Apr 29 with 10103 viewsAlexGreen

Would all the trauma of this year have been worth it?

If we go right back up then I say yes - it beats 2 years of 15th placed finishes. I think. Probably.

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:05 - Apr 29 with 2352 viewsblueislander

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:40 - Apr 29 by Mullet

1992 we had a right mix. I'm not sure it was largely home grown was it?

Not as many as the others, but a fair sprinkling. As a Town fan , are you not excited at the thought of a very much home grown team playing, or do you just prefer McCarthy and his “proper blokes”?
If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:09 - Apr 29 with 2345 viewsIllinoisblue

would rather go up at Wembley with 45,000 Town fans roaring "Ipswich are Back"

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:09 - Apr 29 with 2346 viewsMullet

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:05 - Apr 29 by blueislander

Not as many as the others, but a fair sprinkling. As a Town fan , are you not excited at the thought of a very much home grown team playing, or do you just prefer McCarthy and his “proper blokes”?

I'd rather have Mick's blend of both and some decent football to watch.

Lambert will have to go some to galvanise the team, develop as many kids as Mick did and deliver decent finishes at this level. Evans has his work cut out to get us back there and it was as recent as last August when it was still firmly established.

Who were the academy boys in the 1992 team?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:09 - Apr 29 with 2347 viewstextbackup

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:24 - Apr 29 by Mullet

Winning the third tier is not success for a club such as ours. The bar twelve months ago was winning promotion from this league doing that.

Those allowing it to drop, whilst pointing and going "wah Mick McCarthy" this week are part of the problem frankly. We should be furious Evans has let us drop, and determined to hold him accountable until we are back at a satisfactory standard.

"Winning the third tier is not success for a club such as ours."

who the fck do you think you actually follow? its Ipswich town, good in the 70/80's
I think you're stuck in time.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:10 - Apr 29 with 2343 viewsjas0999

No. It’s a disgrace that we find ourselves in this shameful position.
If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:17 - Apr 29 with 2325 viewstextbackup

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:10 - Apr 29 by jas0999

No. It’s a disgrace that we find ourselves in this shameful position.

why? what we've spent suggests we should go down, does it not?

so many clubs have had the investment and the TLC that Evans has failed us on. he deserves L1

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:18 - Apr 29 with 2317 viewsblueislander

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:09 - Apr 29 by Mullet

I'd rather have Mick's blend of both and some decent football to watch.

Lambert will have to go some to galvanise the team, develop as many kids as Mick did and deliver decent finishes at this level. Evans has his work cut out to get us back there and it was as recent as last August when it was still firmly established.

Who were the academy boys in the 1992 team?

Off the top of my head: Dozzell, Kiwomya, Milton, probably one or two more, but that doesn’t detract from my original point does it?
If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:22 - Apr 29 with 2310 viewsMullet

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:18 - Apr 29 by blueislander

Off the top of my head: Dozzell, Kiwomya, Milton, probably one or two more, but that doesn’t detract from my original point does it?

Well it sort of does if it's 3 and Milton was from non league not our academy wasn't he? Or did we take him young enough from Bury to be part of it? I'd have thought he was older than Kiwomya and Dozzell by a few years.

Login to get fewer ads

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:24 - Apr 29 with 2306 viewsTractorCam

Well of course, even if it is a division below it would be winning a league title, something we haven't done since 1992.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:26 - Apr 29 with 2297 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:00 - Apr 29 by Mullet

Who says I'm not chilled? You're dishing out downvotes and chucking out one liners, now trying to dictate how I feel again.

I'm guessing the whole shut up and support stuff, is as fragile as it seems.

I get it makes people uncomfortable but it's the biggest lesson our fans have in years. To dismiss it because people can't get past being wrong, is a recipe for disaster. Evans has and will continue to be the problem based on his previous.

So why do you back him so?

Because he is all we have, I don't see anyone else coming in to buy us.

You have no influence over the ownership situation.

There are much worse owners out there.

I choose to be positive, you choose to be negative. That's OK

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:30 - Apr 29 with 2286 viewsMullet

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:26 - Apr 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Because he is all we have, I don't see anyone else coming in to buy us.

You have no influence over the ownership situation.

There are much worse owners out there.

I choose to be positive, you choose to be negative. That's OK

That's just more guff though. It doesn't even address your own points as per.

Having no control and backing Evans blindly isn't being positive. Being logical and rational isn't negativity either. You're just trying to cover a lack of substance and dismiss all of these facts that make you uncomfortable it seems.

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:30 - Apr 29 with 2284 viewsblueislander

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:22 - Apr 29 by Mullet

Well it sort of does if it's 3 and Milton was from non league not our academy wasn't he? Or did we take him young enough from Bury to be part of it? I'd have thought he was older than Kiwomya and Dozzell by a few years.

You are rather splitting hairs. My main point was that next season’s team will probably contain a fair number of players from the academy. I think that this should excite Town fans and garner a lot of support, and allow us to move on from the turgid McCarthy football.
If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:31 - Apr 29 with 2279 viewsMullet

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:30 - Apr 29 by blueislander

You are rather splitting hairs. My main point was that next season’s team will probably contain a fair number of players from the academy. I think that this should excite Town fans and garner a lot of support, and allow us to move on from the turgid McCarthy football.

How am I splitting hairs exactly? It was your premise not mine!

I'm not being funny but every time you try and talk down to me and play the age card, you just look more and more ill informed about every aspect of every era of the club.

How is a worse standard of football going to do that exactly? It's a nonsense.

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:33 - Apr 29 with 2263 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:30 - Apr 29 by Mullet

That's just more guff though. It doesn't even address your own points as per.

Having no control and backing Evans blindly isn't being positive. Being logical and rational isn't negativity either. You're just trying to cover a lack of substance and dismiss all of these facts that make you uncomfortable it seems.

I've said my piece, be angry if you like.

I'm looking forward to next season. Let's all try to be a united fan Base and not carry this division forward. It's just not healthy.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:35 - Apr 29 with 2259 viewsMullet

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:33 - Apr 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

I've said my piece, be angry if you like.

I'm looking forward to next season. Let's all try to be a united fan Base and not carry this division forward. It's just not healthy.

You seem to be angry and insistent on a division with your Trump lite rhetoric.

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:39 - Apr 29 with 2251 viewsblueislander

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:31 - Apr 29 by Mullet

How am I splitting hairs exactly? It was your premise not mine!

I'm not being funny but every time you try and talk down to me and play the age card, you just look more and more ill informed about every aspect of every era of the club.

How is a worse standard of football going to do that exactly? It's a nonsense.

It is certainly not my intention to talk down to you. Our opinions differ very strongly. I was in fact very close to the club in the 60s,70s and 80s so I think I am reasonably well informed about those eras. My age is irrelevant to our discussion per se. you think McCarthy was a brilliant manager, apart from his first season when he starred us way from relegation, I beg to differ. Signing off now. Playing the age card.
If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:41 - Apr 29 with 2247 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:35 - Apr 29 by Mullet

You seem to be angry and insistent on a division with your Trump lite rhetoric.

Ha ha, you do come out with some classics.

Trump? LOL

Have a good evening. ;-)

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:53 - Apr 29 with 2223 viewsGuthrum

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:14 - Apr 29 by Mullet

No, having Champions of Div 3 on the resume this side of decimalisation is an embarrassment.

Sneak up in 2nd or even make some £ at Wembley if we have to be a story next season, by all means, but every year we're down is a travesty.

The sooner we are back to top half of the Championship or more, the better. Something tells me it won't be a major concern until we see Lambert's side a few times anyway.

I disagree. If we're going to get back up (as everyone desires), then the best way to do it is a thunderous season of dominance, pulverising all who come before us. A sort of Newcastle "just visiting" transposed one division lower.

The undeniable reality is we are in the third tier next season. I'd much rather we hit it head on and look to win the thing than sneak about shamefacedly, trying to pretend it isn't happening and risk semi-random failure in the play-offs.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:55 - Apr 29 with 2220 viewsMullet

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:53 - Apr 29 by Guthrum

I disagree. If we're going to get back up (as everyone desires), then the best way to do it is a thunderous season of dominance, pulverising all who come before us. A sort of Newcastle "just visiting" transposed one division lower.

The undeniable reality is we are in the third tier next season. I'd much rather we hit it head on and look to win the thing than sneak about shamefacedly, trying to pretend it isn't happening and risk semi-random failure in the play-offs.

I get that and if it happens like that, so be it. But does it make this season worth it?

Not even close.

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 22:11 - Apr 29 with 2196 viewsZacak

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 19:31 - Apr 29 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah, of course it would. It doesn’t feel like it right now but if in 12 months time we’ve stormed League 1 we’d have very quickly forgotten this sh1t show.

Balls...meant to be an uppie. Sorry mate 😟
If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 22:13 - Apr 29 with 2195 viewsGuthrum

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:55 - Apr 29 by Mullet

I get that and if it happens like that, so be it. But does it make this season worth it?

Not even close.

No, agree on that. One of my bitterest disappointments about relegation is losing our record - one of the few remaining ongoing ones we have - of being the team with the 9th longest continuous tenure in the top two divisions of English football.

Last time they played outside the top two divisions:
Everton 1888 (since foundation of the League system)
Manchester United 1892
Aresenal 1893
Liverpool 1893
Newcastle United 1893
Chelsea 1905 (since foundation)
Tottenham Hotspur 1908
West Ham United 1915
Ipswich Town 1957

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 22:16 - Apr 29 with 2189 viewsPJH

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:55 - Apr 29 by Mullet

Not even close.

As I said in another thread, the one about the seasons highlight, seeing Didzy next to Chambo applauding us at Bramall Lane last Saturday was mine-I so wish the last twelve months of ITFC had not happened.
If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 22:28 - Apr 29 with 2172 viewsPJH

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 21:18 - Apr 29 by blueislander

Milton was 24 when he joined us.

That team also included Forrest, Gavin Johnson and Stockwell.

I suppose you could include Warky as well as he was homegrown just that it was 17 years previously.
If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 22:31 - Apr 29 with 2172 viewsFtnfwest

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:14 - Apr 29 by Mullet

No, having Champions of Div 3 on the resume this side of decimalisation is an embarrassment.

Sneak up in 2nd or even make some £ at Wembley if we have to be a story next season, by all means, but every year we're down is a travesty.

The sooner we are back to top half of the Championship or more, the better. Something tells me it won't be a major concern until we see Lambert's side a few times anyway.

I imagine Sheffield Utd must be still cringing about that rather than celebrating promotion to the prem.
Edit, and Nodge of course
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 22:32]
If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 22:33 - Apr 29 with 2167 viewsGarv

If we get promoted straight back as Champions on 20:24 - Apr 29 by Mullet

Winning the third tier is not success for a club such as ours. The bar twelve months ago was winning promotion from this league doing that.

Those allowing it to drop, whilst pointing and going "wah Mick McCarthy" this week are part of the problem frankly. We should be furious Evans has let us drop, and determined to hold him accountable until we are back at a satisfactory standard.

Success is relative to where you are.

If you've been relegated you've deserved to be there. If you're promoted again, you deserve it.

Leeds have done it. Southampton have done it. Sheffield United. Sheffield Wednesday? Forest. Leicester. You don't think they succeeded by getting up from that league? All of them have either gone up again or come very close to doing so.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024