Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GOT with spoilers 21:52 - Apr 29 with 36723 viewsCoastalblue

One of their epic episodes, but I felt a little deflated by it, it was more a case of who rather than if the way the entire episode went, I did expect more casaulties though I must admit.

It was a little painting by numbers at the end, everybody about to die and then....
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 22:21]

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

GOT with spoilers on 17:39 - May 7 with 6596 viewsflimflam

on 11:38 - May 7 by _

No need to get abusive ya massive fanny.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

GOT with spoilers on 18:04 - May 7 with 6578 viewsBLUEBEAT

I find it hard to believe there is only one wheelchair user in the entire GOT world, but that is how it is depicted.

Poll: W or W

on 07:21 - May 8 with 6515 views_

GOT with spoilers on 17:39 - May 7 by flimflam

GOT with spoilers on 19:15 - May 8 with 6459 viewsJ2BLUE

I've been thinking about the last episode. The stuff between Varys and Tyrion was entertaining but I was thinking what power do either of them have to suddenly declare for Jon? Varys seems like he would do it and Tyrion's reluctance seems to be out of fear more than actual belief in Dany. That got me thinking about the line of succession in the Baratheon/Lannister era. If Cersei dies while pregnant and before marrying Euron wouldn't that make Tyrion next in line? With Jaime in the Kingsguard wouldn't Tyrion be next in line for the throne and the new undisputed Lord of Casterly Rock?

If so, he could, with a bit of persuading possibly have the Lannister forces, the gold cloaks and the Kingsguard (minus a killed Mountain) become loyal to him. Could he, Sansa and Varys plot to install Jon as king? Perhaps Dany will kill a load of civilians with dragon fire and Jon will feel he has no choice but to go along with it to maintain peace and protect the people of King's Landing. This could lead to a fitting end for Dany if she has a fit and tries to get her dragon to kill Jon only for it to side with the true Targ heir and kill her instead.

Or in a massive twist could we see Jon reject the throne without Dany and Tyrion on the Iron Throne with Queen Sansa and Jon maintained as Warden of the North?

Yes i've been thinking about this a lot! Forgive me but with only two episodes left time is running out to enjoy it!
[Post edited 8 May 2019 19:17]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

GOT with spoilers on 19:19 - May 8 with 6450 viewsSpruceMoose

GOT with spoilers on 17:39 - May 7 by flimflam

So quick to perceive insults and abuse where there are none. If you're this sensitive in real life you must spend all day fighting back tears.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

GOT with spoilers on 19:22 - May 8 with 6435 viewschicoazul

GOT with spoilers on 19:15 - May 8 by J2BLUE

I've been thinking about the last episode. The stuff between Varys and Tyrion was entertaining but I was thinking what power do either of them have to suddenly declare for Jon? Varys seems like he would do it and Tyrion's reluctance seems to be out of fear more than actual belief in Dany. That got me thinking about the line of succession in the Baratheon/Lannister era. If Cersei dies while pregnant and before marrying Euron wouldn't that make Tyrion next in line? With Jaime in the Kingsguard wouldn't Tyrion be next in line for the throne and the new undisputed Lord of Casterly Rock?

If so, he could, with a bit of persuading possibly have the Lannister forces, the gold cloaks and the Kingsguard (minus a killed Mountain) become loyal to him. Could he, Sansa and Varys plot to install Jon as king? Perhaps Dany will kill a load of civilians with dragon fire and Jon will feel he has no choice but to go along with it to maintain peace and protect the people of King's Landing. This could lead to a fitting end for Dany if she has a fit and tries to get her dragon to kill Jon only for it to side with the true Targ heir and kill her instead.

Or in a massive twist could we see Jon reject the throne without Dany and Tyrion on the Iron Throne with Queen Sansa and Jon maintained as Warden of the North?

Yes i've been thinking about this a lot! Forgive me but with only two episodes left time is running out to enjoy it!

I'm going to hold back on my outrage for now but it is a bit annoying that they seem to be going down the "women are mad eh lads" route. Can you think of a female character on the show who is basically sympathetic has agency and isnt portrayed as being or going nuts? The only one I really can is Sansa who has of course been the victim of many sexual assaults.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

GOT with spoilers on 19:32 - May 8 with 6407 viewsHerbivore

GOT with spoilers on 19:22 - May 8 by chicoazul

I'm going to hold back on my outrage for now but it is a bit annoying that they seem to be going down the "women are mad eh lads" route. Can you think of a female character on the show who is basically sympathetic has agency and isnt portrayed as being or going nuts? The only one I really can is Sansa who has of course been the victim of many sexual assaults.

Brienne, Arya, the Wilding women before they died. Quite a few actually. Cersei isn't mad either, just a cold bitch.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

GOT with spoilers on 19:36 - May 8 with 6417 viewsGlasgowBlue

GOT with spoilers on 19:15 - May 8 by J2BLUE

I've maintained for some time that Jon will kill Dany.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

GOT with spoilers on 19:41 - May 8 with 6406 viewschicoazul

GOT with spoilers on 19:36 - May 8 by GlasgowBlue

I've maintained for some time that Jon will kill Dany.

I don't see why he would. He is Mr Nobility and has declared his fidelity many times.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

GOT with spoilers on 20:04 - May 8 with 6393 viewsJ2BLUE

GOT with spoilers on 19:41 - May 8 by chicoazul

I don't see why he would. He is Mr Nobility and has declared his fidelity many times.

Jon always does what is right. If Dany becomes the mad queen then he might do it to protect the people. He fell for Ygritte but still honoured his Night's Watch vows.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

GOT with spoilers on 20:16 - May 8 with 6381 viewsGlasgowBlue

GOT with spoilers on 19:41 - May 8 by chicoazul

For the greater good. She may even beg him to do it as she realises she's slipping into the Targaryen madness. A tragic final scene.

There definitely won't be a happy ending.

Iron Lion Zion

GOT with spoilers on 10:59 - May 13 with 6274 viewschicoazul

GOT with spoilers on 19:22 - May 8 by chicoazul

"women are mad eh lads"

GOT with spoilers on 11:12 - May 13 with 6258 viewschicoazul

GOT with spoilers on 20:16 - May 8 by GlasgowBlue

For the greater good. She may even beg him to do it as she realises she's slipping into the Targaryen madness. A tragic final scene.

Your last line is 100% correct haha!

GOT with spoilers on 11:22 - May 13 with 6246 viewsflimflam

GOT with spoilers on 11:12 - May 13 by chicoazul

Your last line is 100% correct haha!

I have been very critical of previous episodes this series but last night was GOT at its best once again.

Best episode of this series by a country mile.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

GOT with spoilers on 11:55 - May 13 with 6229 viewsIpswichKnight

GOT with spoilers on 20:16 - May 8 by GlasgowBlue

To quote Ramsey " If you think this has a happy ending you haven't been paying attention"!

Go back to season 2 and Danny's vision showed her getting within touching distance of the Iron throne while her dragon flew over the ruins of Kings Landing, she is going to get killed next episode either by Jon/Aegon or by Araya.

I don't think Jon wants to be King so who ends up on the throne is anyones guess. I still think it will end with Samwell telling this story to kids or something.
GOT with spoilers on 12:21 - May 13 with 6215 viewsDecoy_Octopus

GOT with spoilers on 11:55 - May 13 by IpswichKnight

To quote Ramsey " If you think this has a happy ending you haven't been paying attention"!

Go back to season 2 and Danny's vision showed her getting within touching distance of the Iron throne while her dragon flew over the ruins of Kings Landing, she is going to get killed next episode either by Jon/Aegon or by Araya.

I don't think Jon wants to be King so who ends up on the throne is anyones guess. I still think it will end with Samwell telling this story to kids or something.

The Samwell telling the story thing was my thoughts too. With an older Samwell played by George R R Martin in a cameo. In a Peaceful Republic of the Seven Provinces or something
GOT with spoilers on 13:08 - May 13 with 6194 viewschicoazul

GOT with spoilers on 11:55 - May 13 by IpswichKnight

Believe that if we do see someone at the very end "telling the story" it will be 1000 year old Bran passing it on to the next Three Eyed Raven as someone in the future has made the mistake of reawakening the Night King or some sht like that, since this story seems to resolve around Nietzsche and the Eternal Return.
My tip for the throne, if it still exists, is Tyrion. Isnt he now basically next in line, taking Targaryans out of the equation?

GOT with spoilers on 13:24 - May 13 with 6182 viewsIpswichKnight

GOT with spoilers on 13:08 - May 13 by chicoazul

Believe that if we do see someone at the very end "telling the story" it will be 1000 year old Bran passing it on to the next Three Eyed Raven as someone in the future has made the mistake of reawakening the Night King or some sht like that, since this story seems to resolve around Nietzsche and the Eternal Return.
My tip for the throne, if it still exists, is Tyrion. Isnt he now basically next in line, taking Targaryans out of the equation?

Guess it is actually Gendry now he's been made Lord Of Stormsend and is Robert's son. I'd be surprised if Tyrion makes it out alive from the last episode his advice has been as much use a chocolate shield against Dragonfire.
GOT with spoilers on 16:08 - May 13 with 6152 viewschicoazul

GOT with spoilers on 13:24 - May 13 by IpswichKnight

Guess it is actually Gendry now he's been made Lord Of Stormsend and is Robert's son. I'd be surprised if Tyrion makes it out alive from the last episode his advice has been as much use a chocolate shield against Dragonfire.

Good point. Feel like his story is over now though.
There arent many strands left to tidy up now really. Pretty much all the main characters stories are over apart from Jon Dany and Tyrion. the only thing I can think of that is really hanging out a bit is Bronn's threat to Tyrion.

GOT with spoilers on 16:19 - May 13 with 6142 viewsIpswichKnight

I think Araya still has an arc as well otherwise what was the point of her going to Kings Landing. Do agree about the others though.

I heard a podcast this morning which was not exactly glowing in it's review. Surprisingly it's not ending how they wanted it and they are throwing the toys out of the pram going so far in calling for the producers to be sued and sacked from Star Wars!
GOT with spoilers on 16:37 - May 13 with 6136 viewschicoazul

GOT with spoilers on 16:19 - May 13 by IpswichKnight

I think Araya still has an arc as well otherwise what was the point of her going to Kings Landing. Do agree about the others though.

I heard a podcast this morning which was not exactly glowing in it's review. Surprisingly it's not ending how they wanted it and they are throwing the toys out of the pram going so far in calling for the producers to be sued and sacked from Star Wars!

Haha! I didnt really buy Dany being evil all of a sudden, and I find the whole "women are mad" direction they have taken a bit grating, but in general I felt the episode made sense from a story point of view and from a character point of view and gave some satisfying pay offs to Hound, Jaime, Cersei and Varys' stories.
Take your point about Arya though.

GOT with spoilers on 20:56 - May 13 with 6088 viewsN2_Blue

GOT with spoilers on 11:22 - May 13 by flimflam

I have been very critical of previous episodes this series but last night was GOT at its best once again.

Are you for real? I think this was potentially the worst episode. It's been slated in some reviews and I couldn't agree more. Such a disappointing end of some major characters. What was that death all about for Cercei...massively anticlimactic. Jamie Lanister suddenly not giving a damn about the end of Kings Landing. Jon snow appear to be completely pointless. I'm really not sure the last episode can salvage this writing mess now.

Whilst Dany going mad was probably now expected this was predominantly 80 minutes of a dragon breathing fire and obliterating everything...all rather pointless imo.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

GOT with spoilers on 23:27 - May 13 with 6009 viewsCoastalblue

I did enjoy this episode, bt this whole season is now starting to feel like it's been compressed down completely out of character for all the preceding ones.

I'm all for things quitting whilst they are ahead, and hate things being milked when they are succesful but this feels like the opposite of that, even another four episodes would have allowed things a little room to breathe more in keeping with what went before.

The Brianne/Jamie thing kind of summed up a lot of this series for me, three or four series of build up and then it's all over in bout 20 minutes of screen time.

Having said all that, I'm still really enjoying it and as someone who was a big fan of the books it's nice for once for them to actually translate to something equally as good on screen.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

GOT with spoilers on 23:30 - May 13 with 6006 viewsHerbivore

GOT with spoilers on 11:22 - May 13 by flimflam

Really? I thought it was the worst by far.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

GOT with spoilers on 10:20 - May 14 with 5920 viewsGlasgowBlue

GOT with spoilers on 16:37 - May 13 by chicoazul

Haha! I didnt really buy Dany being evil all of a sudden, and I find the whole "women are mad" direction they have taken a bit grating, but in general I felt the episode made sense from a story point of view and from a character point of view and gave some satisfying pay offs to Hound, Jaime, Cersei and Varys' stories.
Take your point about Arya though.

I predict one of two outcomes next week.

Dany tells the dragon to burn Jon but the dragon refuses because he’s a Targaryen.

Dany begs Jon to kill her as she knows she’s lost the plot.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024