Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fair comment by Souness 18:08 - May 1 with 2155 viewsMoriarty

Or “out of touch with the modern game”?

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/sport/uefa-champions-league/souness-throws-pen-im-fed-

fka omuircheartaigh

Fair comment by Souness on 18:12 - May 1 with 2112 viewsLord_Lucan

I’m not a Souness fan, never have been - but I tend to make him right.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Fair comment by Souness on 18:12 - May 1 with 2114 viewsSpruceMoose

Insight like that is why he's currently managing a team competing in the Champions League.

Oh.

Punditry is on a level with being a psychic in the 'stealing a living' stakes, so I suggest he shuts his face and keeps collecting his paycheck. It's like being paid to post on here.
[Post edited 1 May 2019 18:13]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Fair comment by Souness on 18:15 - May 1 with 2090 viewsMoriarty

Fair comment by Souness on 18:12 - May 1 by Lord_Lucan

I make him right as well.

fka omuircheartaigh

Fair comment by Souness on 18:17 - May 1 with 2085 viewsclive_baker

I think it's important to separate punditry and coaching. If he's talking purely about punditry, I would agree that I'm a bit sick of every minute detail of football being analysed to the nth degree by some washed up ex player and lectured in ones living room, watching offsides from 9 angles. It's tedious as sh1t. That's a little different to setting a team up from a coaching and managerial perspective, which he seems dismissive of. There's an element of what he's saying too, ultimately a will to win and work rate goes a long way, but you need that together with the tactical and technical nous.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Fair comment by Souness on 18:18 - May 1 with 2079 viewsMoriarty

Fair comment by Souness on 18:12 - May 1 by SpruceMoose

Insight like that is why he's currently managing a team competing in the Champions League.

Oh.

Punditry is on a level with being a psychic in the 'stealing a living' stakes, so I suggest he shuts his face and keeps collecting his paycheck. It's like being paid to post on here.

And there are some who some might pay not to post.

fka omuircheartaigh

Fair comment by Souness on 18:18 - May 1 with 2075 viewsclive_baker

Oh.

Wait, you're here voluntarily? You mug.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Fair comment by Souness on 18:18 - May 1 with 2075 viewsLord_Lucan

Oh.

Unless I am more Fick than I thought I was I think you miss the point.

Just skimming through it he wasn’t having a go at managers but fellow pundits and I think he has a very good point. It’s a bit like rolling news, everything gets boring and over complicated.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Fair comment by Souness on 18:19 - May 1 with 2072 viewsSpruceMoose

Fair comment by Souness on 18:18 - May 1 by Moriarty

And there are some who some might pay not to post.

Please send checks to me C/O Gav@TWTD

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Fair comment by Souness on 18:19 - May 1 with 2076 viewsSteve_M

He's talking crap, see this article from the weekend which is utterly fascinating:

This is a fascinating analysis of football at top of the Premier League by Steve_M 29 Apr 2019 11:53
And how different it is to even a decade ago. Probably some encouragement that the 9-0 might still disappear the way City and Liverpool are playing too.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/ken-early-football-s-new-age-neutralises-philosophies-of-the-past-1.3874358

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Fair comment by Souness on 18:22 - May 1 with 2059 viewschicoazul

Well generally speaking the best coaches at the big clubs now are the ones who seek to dominate possession - Pep, Poch, Allegri - and ones who are a bit more rock and roll - Klopp, Simeone. So he's sort of right but kind of wrong.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Fair comment by Souness on 18:26 - May 1 with 2032 viewsMoriarty

Fair comment by Souness on 18:17 - May 1 by clive_baker

I think it's important to separate punditry and coaching. If he's talking purely about punditry, I would agree that I'm a bit sick of every minute detail of football being analysed to the nth degree by some washed up ex player and lectured in ones living room, watching offsides from 9 angles. It's tedious as sh1t. That's a little different to setting a team up from a coaching and managerial perspective, which he seems dismissive of. There's an element of what he's saying too, ultimately a will to win and work rate goes a long way, but you need that together with the tactical and technical nous.

It has an element of “England are playing 4 4 f@cking 2” about it.

But if I understand his sentiment correctly, the basics must come first.

Maybe his thoughts have a certain relevance to our position this season? But I’ll park that one here!

fka omuircheartaigh

Fair comment by Souness on 18:34 - May 1 with 2007 viewsWeWereZombies

Ever since I heard Howard Gayle on Radio Four talking about Souness sticking up for him in the face of concerted bullying by Tommy Smith I have had a lot of time for Souness, before that 'Book of the Week' I regarded Souness as a thug but I have come to see that he was just competitive to the nth, however also very principled. So his comments are always worth considering.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Fair comment by Souness on 20:30 - May 1 with 1796 viewsJ2BLUE

Fair comment. We have decent pundits like Neville and Carragher (voice aside) but I cringe every time they start pissing around with the computer marking things out and analysing everything to death. There is no need for an hour build up to any game except cup finals or big decisive games. We don't need an hour of build up to Chelsea vs Burnley on a Monday night etc.

As for the stats in the game now I think you can prove literally anything you want to prove if you use the right stats. Sky now analyse 'duels won'. What the feck is a duel? The game is oversaturated with bullsh1t, buzzwords and frauds who place more emphasis on sounding like they know what they are talking about rather than actually knowing what they are talking about. It's like when you see posts on here referring to 'Ipswich Town Football Club' you know you're dealing with someone trying to sound more knowledgeable than they are.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Fair comment by Souness on 20:57 - May 1 with 1727 viewsHARRY10

Fair comment by Souness on 18:19 - May 1 by SpruceMoose

Please send checks to me C/O Gav@TWTD

checks ?

what on earth are they ?

I checked my front near side tyre this morning, perhaps I could sent you my thoughts on that
Fair comment by Souness on 21:02 - May 1 with 1713 viewsMelford

Fair comment by Souness on 18:12 - May 1 by Lord_Lucan

He is right, look at Hurst.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Fair comment by Souness on 21:33 - May 1 with 1656 viewsMoriarty

Fair comment by Souness on 20:30 - May 1 by J2BLUE

Fair comment. We have decent pundits like Neville and Carragher (voice aside) but I cringe every time they start pissing around with the computer marking things out and analysing everything to death. There is no need for an hour build up to any game except cup finals or big decisive games. We don't need an hour of build up to Chelsea vs Burnley on a Monday night etc.

As for the stats in the game now I think you can prove literally anything you want to prove if you use the right stats. Sky now analyse 'duels won'. What the feck is a duel? The game is oversaturated with bullsh1t, buzzwords and frauds who place more emphasis on sounding like they know what they are talking about rather than actually knowing what they are talking about. It's like when you see posts on here referring to 'Ipswich Town Football Club' you know you're dealing with someone trying to sound more knowledgeable than they are.

I like that post.

I could refer to gents on here who told/tell me GB is of touch with the “modern game” so my thought process here is rather predictable.

fka omuircheartaigh

Fair comment by Souness on 21:41 - May 1 with 1630 viewsWeWereZombies

Fair comment by Souness on 20:57 - May 1 by HARRY10

checks ?

what on earth are they ?

I checked my front near side tyre this morning, perhaps I could sent you my thoughts on that

He meant Czechs, we are signing Tomáš Kalas from Bristol City but need someone to give him a lift before Gav completes the deal with an agreed number of Hobknobs...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Fair comment by Souness on 21:48 - May 1 with 1596 viewsNo9

Which team does Mr Souness manage?
Fair comment by Souness on 21:53 - May 1 with 1575 viewsDurovigutum

Fair comment by Souness on 21:48 - May 1 by No9

Which team does Mr Souness manage?

Souness has won a league title as a manager...
Fair comment by Souness on 21:56 - May 1 with 1568 viewsNo9

Fair comment by Souness on 21:53 - May 1 by Durovigutum

Souness has won a league title as a manager...

I am speaking presently
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024