Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dean Bowditch 20:33 - May 6 with 2893 viewsFixed_It

Released by Northampton Town today. Unfulfilled potential right there.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Dean Bowditch on 20:35 - May 6 with 2868 viewsIllinoisblue

although to be fair to him, he's had a 15-year career in professional football.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Dean Bowditch on 20:46 - May 6 with 2790 viewsFixed_It

Dean Bowditch on 20:35 - May 6 by Illinoisblue

True. But big things were expected of him IIRC. That hattrick he scored for us against Watford was probably his high point!

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Dean Bowditch on 20:48 - May 6 with 2765 viewsParisBlue

Dean Bowditch on 20:46 - May 6 by Fixed_It

True. But big things were expected of him IIRC. That hattrick he scored for us against Watford was probably his high point!

And Lenny Pidgeley's low point...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Dean Bowditch on 20:51 - May 6 with 2725 viewsFtnfwest

Remember him scoring a premier class goal v forest at home. That was after David Johnson 2 had left to join them. Think we lost 2-1 though
Dean Bowditch on 20:56 - May 6 with 2668 viewsPJH

That and setting up both our goals in a 2-0 win in Norfolk as a sub on his debut.

I thought we had got someone very special based on that start but he never reached the heights that I thought he would.
Dean Bowditch on 21:27 - May 6 with 2512 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Magilton's was going to build a team around him wasn't he? He looked as promising as Benty did when he first came through.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Dean Bowditch on 22:52 - May 6 with 2282 viewsActionMan

People also forget that he had a great six years with MK Dons which saw them promoted to the Championship. Had he not played for us previously he'd be the sort of player we'd be talking about on here as a semi decent signing!
Dean Bowditch on 23:05 - May 6 with 2232 viewsFixed_It

Dean Bowditch on 22:52 - May 6 by ActionMan

People also forget that he had a great six years with MK Dons which saw them promoted to the Championship. Had he not played for us previously he'd be the sort of player we'd be talking about on here as a semi decent signing!

I think 'great six years at MK Dons' is slightly over-egging it. A decentish career no doubt - but never hit the heights expected.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Login to get fewer ads

Dean Bowditch on 07:46 - May 7 with 1927 viewsSteve_M

Dean Bowditch on 20:51 - May 6 by Ftnfwest

Remember him scoring a premier class goal v forest at home. That was after David Johnson 2 had left to join them. Think we lost 2-1 though

The goal against Gillingham on the opening day of 2004-05 was a superb volley (might have been a half-volley) too. Bowditch started that season well but, as we became more direct to utilise Bent and Kuqi, there was no place for Bowditch or Pablo. I still think that was careless on Royle's part.

Anyone who claims Bowditch only stayed here because of that hat-trick is being very selective.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Dean Bowditch on 07:50 - May 7 with 1915 viewsOwainG1992

Dean Bowditch on 07:46 - May 7 by Steve_M

The goal against Gillingham on the opening day of 2004-05 was a superb volley (might have been a half-volley) too. Bowditch started that season well but, as we became more direct to utilise Bent and Kuqi, there was no place for Bowditch or Pablo. I still think that was careless on Royle's part.

Anyone who claims Bowditch only stayed here because of that hat-trick is being very selective.

You never know we might end up bringing him in on a 1 year deal in league 1.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Dean Bowditch on 09:12 - May 7 with 1800 viewschicoazul

Plus, and the youngsters here wont know anything about this, but he inspired so much beef and Bulbeck was in full on warfare mode for him so many times on here.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Dean Bowditch on 09:26 - May 7 with 1745 viewsSouperJim

I remember him having some ability, but always looking like a lightweight kid. Possibly why he never made it above League One?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Dean Bowditch on 09:29 - May 7 with 1732 viewsitfcjoe

A fantastic prospect, but realistically was a victim of being a very clever player that drifted between lines etc that had to be a square peg in a round hold of a 442 either as a wide midfielder/winger or centre forward.

If he was coming though now he'd go a lot further in the game than he has had.

But make no mistake - a 15 year Football league career, and over 400 football league games is a fantastic achievement

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dean Bowditch on 09:32 - May 7 with 1710 viewsSwansea_Blue

Dean Bowditch on 09:26 - May 7 by SouperJim

I remember him having some ability, but always looking like a lightweight kid. Possibly why he never made it above League One?

Being a striker that always struggled to score goals didn't help either.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024