Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Posters who silently, rampantly but yet impotently up post 18:58 - May 8 with 2329 viewsBlackboots

..everything in sight.

Why do you do this?

Join in the conversation brothers and sisters, have your say with words, not up arrows!

I await the inevitable backsplash.

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

FAO Posters who silently, rampantly but yet impotently up post on 18:59 - May 8 with 2308 viewsSpruceMoose

I'm a simple man. I see a post I likes, and I upvote.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

FAO Posters who silently, rampantly but yet impotently up post on 19:35 - May 8 with 2263 viewsmonty_radio

I feel personally that down arrows are the greater enemy. Upping means I agree. Downvoting without a comment is just chucking a paper dart from the back of the class.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

FAO Posters who silently, rampantly but yet impotently up post on 19:37 - May 8 with 2253 viewsSpruceMoose

FAO Posters who silently, rampantly but yet impotently up post on 19:35 - May 8 by monty_radio

I feel personally that down arrows are the greater enemy. Upping means I agree. Downvoting without a comment is just chucking a paper dart from the back of the class.

Indeed. It allows the stupid to signal displeasure despite not having the wits to say why.

It diminishes us all

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

FAO Posters who silently, rampantly but yet impotently up post on 19:47 - May 8 with 2241 viewsBlackboots

FAO Posters who silently, rampantly but yet impotently up post on 19:37 - May 8 by SpruceMoose

Indeed. It allows the stupid to signal displeasure despite not having the wits to say why.

It diminishes us all

Sorry my post was probably badly judged. I actually agree with you. I rarely down arrow but when I do it’s in response to a post that probably doesn’t warrant or need a written reply.

The only reason I find them useful is as an indicator when I click on to the forum - I tend to look at those with an up or down arrow before those where the response is neutral.

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

FAO Posters who silently, rampantly but yet impotently up post on 19:57 - May 8 with 2216 viewsSpruceMoose

FAO Posters who silently, rampantly but yet impotently up post on 19:47 - May 8 by Blackboots

Sorry my post was probably badly judged. I actually agree with you. I rarely down arrow but when I do it’s in response to a post that probably doesn’t warrant or need a written reply.

The only reason I find them useful is as an indicator when I click on to the forum - I tend to look at those with an up or down arrow before those where the response is neutral.

No need to say sorry, I assumed you were just joking around!

FAO Posters who silently, rampantly but yet impotently up post on 20:00 - May 8 with 2217 viewshampstead_blue

FAO Posters who silently, rampantly but yet impotently up post on 19:35 - May 8 by monty_radio

Agree.
Many here do jump down the throat of the few do I can understand why some refrain.

Nowt wring with being a tall poppy. Speak your mind. Be polite and actually consider what's behind the words rather than jumping down someone's throat.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

FAO Posters who silently, rampantly but yet impotently up post on 20:09 - May 8 with 2207 viewsRyorry

1. Time, lack of.

2. Some people not bothering to read properly what you've actually written, esp when you've made an effort with a long & serious post.

3. Incredibly rude or childish responses from some people when you've made an effort as above.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

FAO Posters who silently, rampantly but yet impotently up post on 20:40 - May 8 with 2171 viewsmonty_radio

FAO Posters who silently, rampantly but yet impotently up post on 20:09 - May 8 by Ryorry

1. Time, lack of.

2. Some people not bothering to read properly what you've actually written, esp when you've made an effort with a long & serious post.

3. Incredibly rude or childish responses from some people when you've made an effort as above.

Hope the paper dart was a jest.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Posters who silently, rampantly but yet impotently up post on 20:59 - May 8 with 2136 viewsWD19

FAO Posters who silently, rampantly but yet impotently up post on 20:09 - May 8 by Ryorry

1. Time, lack of.

SUQ
FAO Posters who silently, rampantly but yet impotently up post on 21:10 - May 8 with 2112 viewsTheSelkirk

FAO Posters who silently, rampantly but yet impotently up post on 19:37 - May 8 by SpruceMoose

It diminishes us all

Not having the 'wits' to respond doesn't seem to stop some ...
FAO Posters who silently, rampantly but yet impotently up post on 23:16 - May 8 with 2020 viewsZacak

I dont often say much. Often I think I will say something but then decide it's not worth it because;

a) I may have spelt something wrong or my grammar may be incorrect
b) generally there are some very petty people on here
c) people can be quite rude and aggressive and I know I will be shot down. Face to face it would be different and I cant be bothered typing the reply required.
d) people can be quite obtuse/argumentative on here
e) it can be quite cliquey on here
FAO Posters who silently, rampantly but yet impotently up post on 23:33 - May 8 with 1999 viewsjaykay

FAO Posters who silently, rampantly but yet impotently up post on 18:59 - May 8 by SpruceMoose

I'm a simple man. I see a post I likes, and I upvote.

i understand that , but you down voted the o.p. when you often have a go at posters who down vote your posts without joining in the thread.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

FAO Posters who silently, rampantly but yet impotently up post on 23:41 - May 8 with 1986 viewsSpruceMoose

FAO Posters who silently, rampantly but yet impotently up post on 23:33 - May 8 by jaykay

i understand that , but you down voted the o.p. when you often have a go at posters who down vote your posts without joining in the thread.

Yes... That was the joke my man.

NFT (n/t) on 00:09 - May 9 with 1950 viewsslump

UTT

FAO Posters who silently, rampantly but yet impotently up post on 06:48 - May 9 with 1865 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

1. Time, lack of.

No you shut up

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024