Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I wonder if that "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again" song 09:41 - May 16 with 1565 viewsBrixtonBlue

starts to get in the players' heads and becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It must be hard, when things are going wrong, to lift yourself as thousands are singing that. It's impossible to close your ears, even if players generally block out the crowd.

I've always thought opposition fans should chant "MISS, MISS, MISS" when a player takes a penalty. Just to be different and get the word in the player's head. Arms waving behind the goal doesn't do anything (as we've seen) as your focus is on the goal itself.

Have there been any psychological studies on these sorts of things?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I wonder if that "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again" song on 09:47 - May 16 with 1542 viewsDarth_Koont

Possibly.

On a side note, I thought it was a bit rich for the Derby fans to be singing it but I guess they think they're different somehow.

I hope Villa win, and not just for Mings and Hourihane's sake. There's something right with Derby in the Championship whereas Villa seems a bit out of place.

Pronouns: He/Him

I wonder if that "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again" song on 09:50 - May 16 with 1522 viewsGeoffSentence

I wonder if that "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again" song on 09:47 - May 16 by Darth_Koont

Possibly.

On a side note, I thought it was a bit rich for the Derby fans to be singing it but I guess they think they're different somehow.

I hope Villa win, and not just for Mings and Hourihane's sake. There's something right with Derby in the Championship whereas Villa seems a bit out of place.

Derby must be getting to the point where they will fall foul of FFP. For that reason I hope they fail as it should weaken them ready for when we get back up.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I wonder if that "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again" song on 09:50 - May 16 with 1518 viewsitfcjoe

I wonder if that "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again" song on 09:47 - May 16 by Darth_Koont

Possibly.

The 7 figure transfer top up on Waghorn might be more use to us than seeing Derby in the Championship for another year!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I wonder if that "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again" song on 09:52 - May 16 with 1510 viewsSwansea_Blue

It was a marvelous demonstration of bottling it. Although Leeds started well enough and if they had a vaguely competent keeper would have seen that out comfortably. Bloke was a liability last night.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I wonder if that "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again" song on 09:52 - May 16 with 1502 viewsPJH

I wonder if that "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again" song on 09:50 - May 16 by itfcjoe

The 7 figure transfer top up on Waghorn might be more use to us than seeing Derby in the Championship for another year!

I would rather they gave us Waggy back.
I wonder if that "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again" song on 09:52 - May 16 with 1501 viewsGeoffSentence

I wonder if that "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again" song on 09:52 - May 16 by Swansea_Blue

It was a marvelous demonstration of bottling it. Although Leeds started well enough and if they had a vaguely competent keeper would have seen that out comfortably. Bloke was a liability last night.

Bart will see them up next season.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I wonder if that "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again" song on 09:56 - May 16 with 1470 viewscaught-in-limbo

If Leeds have a good sports psychologist as part of their team, such chanting would work in their favour. Do Championship level teams actually have sports psychologists? They should do, if they don't.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

I wonder if that "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again" song on 10:32 - May 16 with 1389 viewsDarth_Koont

I wonder if that "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again" song on 09:50 - May 16 by itfcjoe

Well, ignore what I said. I'll take the cold, hard cash instead!

Has that top-up been confirmed?

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

I wonder if that "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again" song on 10:33 - May 16 with 1386 viewsitfcjoe

I wonder if that "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again" song on 10:32 - May 16 by Darth_Koont

Well, ignore what I said. I'll take the cold, hard cash instead!

Has that top-up been confirmed?

No, just rumour at the moment but hopefully it will be clarified in time for us to get our Derby scarves in the next week or so....!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I wonder if that "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again" song on 15:21 - May 16 with 1152 viewsBluespeed225

I wonder if that "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again" song on 09:52 - May 16 by Swansea_Blue

Although a helleva lot more pressure in last nights game, it was virtually a carbon copy of his mess up down here. Something for him to work on over the summer....
I wonder if that "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again" song on 15:32 - May 16 with 1124 viewsSouperJim

I wonder if that "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again" song on 10:33 - May 16 by itfcjoe

No, just rumour at the moment but hopefully it will be clarified in time for us to get our Derby scarves in the next week or so....!

Waggy was reported as £5m rising to £7.5m with top-ups. Seems reasonable to assume that at least some of the missing £2.5m is related to promotion.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024