Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia 09:12 - May 17 with 1726 viewsSwansea_Blue

On IDAHOBIT Day, it's worth taking a moment to remember that 72 countries and territories still criminalise same sex relations between consenting adults, and in 11 of those it's punishable by death.

We're lucky that a lot of progress has been made in this country, but here's a few things we could all do to help make the world a better place:

- seek to challenge our own stereotypes
- practice inclusive behaviours
- seek education and information for ourselves
- support friends, loved ones and colleagues from the LGBT community
- actively challenge biophobia when you encounter it. Interrupt derogatory language, offensive comments and "banter" when you hear it to let people know it's not ok.

https://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/news-centre/speeches/2019/internationa

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 09:17 - May 17 with 1708 viewsBlueBadger

Ah, today's first ten-pager.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 09:29 - May 17 with 1682 viewsuefacup81

Leftie bumfest ahoy!!

(Can I still say that?)

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 09:30 - May 17 with 1678 viewsartsbossbeard

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 09:29 - May 17 by uefacup81

Leftie bumfest ahoy!!

(Can I still say that?)

Only if that's the lane that you're driving in.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 09:31 - May 17 with 1677 viewsuefacup81

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 09:30 - May 17 by artsbossbeard

Only if that's the lane that you're driving in.

Touche sir. Touche.

(There's a lane for that sort of thing these days?)
[Post edited 17 May 2019 9:31]

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 09:33 - May 17 with 1663 viewsSwansea_Blue

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 09:29 - May 17 by uefacup81

Leftie bumfest ahoy!!

(Can I still say that?)

well that didn't take long

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 10:01 - May 17 with 1626 viewsfactual_blue

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 09:31 - May 17 by uefacup81

Touche sir. Touche.

(There's a lane for that sort of thing these days?)
[Post edited 17 May 2019 9:31]

Provided you observe the limit, yes.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 10:32 - May 17 with 1594 viewsuefacup81

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 10:01 - May 17 by factual_blue

Provided you observe the limit, yes.

What's that? 69?

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 10:33 - May 17 with 1590 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Or how about they act like normal people and stop making their sexuality a big deal, no one cares what they do, it’s up to them, just stop jamming it down our throats.
When is heterosexual day then
Login to get fewer ads

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 10:44 - May 17 with 1574 viewsuefacup81

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 10:33 - May 17 by never_lose_the_faith

Or how about they act like normal people and stop making their sexuality a big deal, no one cares what they do, it’s up to them, just stop jamming it down our throats.

I imagine that there'll be a heterosexual day at the point at which hetrosexual people have suffered years of persecution and discrimination for the sake of their sexuality.

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 10:44 - May 17 with 1570 viewsfactual_blue

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 10:32 - May 17 by uefacup81

What's that? 69?

It was rounded up to seventy, as sixty-nine is a bit of a mouthful.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Definitely closeted. (n/t) on 10:49 - May 17 with 1555 viewsBlueBadger

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 10:33 - May 17 by never_lose_the_faith

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 10:57 - May 17 with 1532 viewscaught-in-limbo

" as of 2018, there are 72 countries that still criminalize same-sex activity, and at least 38 of these nations were once under the British colonial rule (Han and O’Maloney, 2018). This is over 50% of the countries. Thus, other colonizers did not leave as prominent of a legacy for criminalization of same-sex activity as the British did."

https://www.panoramas.pitt.edu/news-and-politics/britains-persistent-colonial-le

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 11:03 - May 17 with 1508 viewslowhouseblue

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 10:57 - May 17 by caught-in-limbo

" as of 2018, there are 72 countries that still criminalize same-sex activity, and at least 38 of these nations were once under the British colonial rule (Han and O’Maloney, 2018). This is over 50% of the countries. Thus, other colonizers did not leave as prominent of a legacy for criminalization of same-sex activity as the British did."

https://www.panoramas.pitt.edu/news-and-politics/britains-persistent-colonial-le

i blame the victorians. with their steam engines and table leg fetishisms.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 11:16 - May 17 with 1482 viewsBlueBadger

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 10:44 - May 17 by uefacup81

I imagine that there'll be a heterosexual day at the point at which hetrosexual people have suffered years of persecution and discrimination for the sake of their sexuality.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/gay-pride-month-straight-pride-march-hetero

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 11:20 - May 17 with 1476 viewsWeekender

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 11:38 - May 17 with 1436 viewsSwansea_Blue

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 10:57 - May 17 by caught-in-limbo

Ah, makes you proud to be part of the Empire's legacy. Maybe this is the greatness some people want to return to?

Anyone making an issue of there not being a heterosexual pride day/month/march, would do well to read about how people in same-sex relationships over there are sometimes treated. No doubt some don't get much better treatment in the UK.

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 11:40 - May 17 with 1429 viewsSwansea_Blue

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia on 11:20 - May 17 by Weekender

They're back! Brilliant work as usual.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024