Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple 20:23 - Jun 4 with 3422 viewsWeWereZombies

Try and work this one out:

Arron Banks has said he had "willingly helped Farage and was honoured to do so", adding: "This was all designed to help Nigel get out of politics."

Mr Farage stepped down as leader later the same year [2016], but remained as an MEP before launching The Brexit Party in March this year.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 20:23 - Jun 4 with 3125 viewsSpruceMoose

Stand by for incoming whataboutery

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 20:26 - Jun 4 with 3112 viewsWeWereZombies

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 20:23 - Jun 4 by SpruceMoose

Stand by for incoming whataboutery

It is going to have to be very impressive to convince me that they are anything but duplicitous.

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 20:29 - Jun 4 with 3108 viewsSpruceMoose

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 20:26 - Jun 4 by WeWereZombies

It is going to have to be very impressive to convince me that they are anything but duplicitous.

Something about the ex-Peterborough MP maybe? I dunno how their minds work, I don't think there's much method to the madness.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 20:48 - Jun 4 with 3081 viewsMVBlue

We always looked on at American politics and marvelled how millionaires could buy politics and into power. Well it’s happening here it’s just Banks is the first to do it outside of the main parties. I watched the channel 4 news piece and it made it clear how Banks has paid Farages way around USA resulting in those famous shared lifts and podiums with Trump. Makes me sick.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 21:18 - Jun 4 with 3038 viewsFtnfwest

Yes, because we didn’t leave the EU
Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 23:13 - Jun 4 with 2965 viewsWeWereZombies

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 21:18 - Jun 4 by Ftnfwest

So do you think that any of that money that Aaron Banks spent on Farage was spent with the purpose of 'getting him out of politics'? Because some of the spending happened in 2016, long before three years had elapsed and yet there seems to have been a lot of political purpose behind it.

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 23:22 - Jun 4 with 2954 viewsMelford

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 20:48 - Jun 4 by MVBlue

We always looked on at American politics and marvelled how millionaires could buy politics and into power. Well it’s happening here it’s just Banks is the first to do it outside of the main parties. I watched the channel 4 news piece and it made it clear how Banks has paid Farages way around USA resulting in those famous shared lifts and podiums with Trump. Makes me sick.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 23:26 - Jun 4 with 2958 viewsvapour_trail

It would appear to be fraud.

Fraud. And you support this.

Well done. I hope you and the loved ones are well insulated financially.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 23:37 - Jun 4 with 2942 viewsvapour_trail

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 23:26 - Jun 4 by vapour_trail

It would appear to be fraud.

Fraud. And you support this.

Well done. I hope you and the loved ones are well insulated financially.

Ryorry is backing you up ftfnwest, be very afraid.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 02:59 - Jun 5 with 2877 viewsHARRY10

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 20:48 - Jun 4 by MVBlue

The greater concern here is.....who is Banks fronting the money for ?

As I doubt the millions that have been used to fund UKIP, the Brexit company and even 'my little fantasist' Yaxley-Lennon has been put up simply to placate any number of bigots who would rather there were fewer folk with brown faces in the UK.

Theirs is an intent to get the UK out of the EU with all it's pesky safe food, clean air/beaches regulations. Why should the very wealthy see their profits used to pay for employees health and welfare ?

And as you can guess that would not go down well, so dress it up under some nonsensical guff about 'control' and unelected Eurocrats and the bigots will think that at last someone else is a ignorant as they are.

Ironic thing is those very bigots would be the very ones who would see their care and hospital treatment severely curtailed (as in the US) were brexit ever to happen. Mind you, it would solve some of the housing shortage as elderly bigots were left to die.

Sell off the NHS - Kill off the elderly.
Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 07:16 - Jun 5 with 2794 viewsFtnfwest

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 23:13 - Jun 4 by WeWereZombies

So do you think that any of that money that Aaron Banks spent on Farage was spent with the purpose of 'getting him out of politics'? Because some of the spending happened in 2016, long before three years had elapsed and yet there seems to have been a lot of political purpose behind it.

2016 was when farage was looking to get out of politics. He only went back into it this year in creating the BP because we didn't leave as planned in March. He even stated that would be the only reason he would do 3 years ago.
Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 07:21 - Jun 5 with 2793 viewsFtnfwest

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 23:37 - Jun 4 by vapour_trail

Ryorry is backing you up ftfnwest, be very afraid.

She'll be knitting me a woolly next! I really only meant that hed got back into politics specifically because of the non leaving of the EU. Who knows what was behind Banks funding, I'm just saying the timeline fits with what farage has actually been doing in the last 3 years.
Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 07:24 - Jun 5 with 2788 viewsWeWereZombies

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 07:16 - Jun 5 by Ftnfwest

2016 was when farage was looking to get out of politics. He only went back into it this year in creating the BP because we didn't leave as planned in March. He even stated that would be the only reason he would do 3 years ago.

You miss my point. He never left politics and Banks bankrolled him so that he could stay in politics.

Which leads on to another question, why did he need Banks money when he had his MEP salary and expenses?

Should he ever, God forbid, get into power maybe we will see something akin to what is happening in the Czech Republic at the moment:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48510029

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 07:43 - Jun 5 with 2766 viewsHARRY10

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 07:24 - Jun 5 by WeWereZombies

You miss my point. He never left politics and Banks bankrolled him so that he could stay in politics.

Which leads on to another question, why did he need Banks money when he had his MEP salary and expenses?

Should he ever, God forbid, get into power maybe we will see something akin to what is happening in the Czech Republic at the moment:

Expenses are only a reimbursement of what you have already spent.

His salary would not have covered the cost of running ukip, not his lifestyle as he flew to the states, paid for promos and meetings.

Take look at the CH4 clip above. Farage has only ever been interested in lining his own pockets. As a failed trader he latched onto being an MEP to kkeep him afloat, and has spent the past two decades honing his skills as a competent liar. Happy to tell the gormless on Question Time the benefits of a 'Norway deal' only to oppose that now that doesn't fit.

The man is a crook, just as Jeffrey Archer was before. But that did not stop Archer from wowing the simple minded until finally caught - and so the question is how much longer has Farage got ?

Not too long I would suggest.
Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 08:08 - Jun 5 with 2738 viewsWeWereZombies

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 07:43 - Jun 5 by HARRY10

Expenses are only a reimbursement of what you have already spent.

His salary would not have covered the cost of running ukip, not his lifestyle as he flew to the states, paid for promos and meetings.

Take look at the CH4 clip above. Farage has only ever been interested in lining his own pockets. As a failed trader he latched onto being an MEP to kkeep him afloat, and has spent the past two decades honing his skills as a competent liar. Happy to tell the gormless on Question Time the benefits of a 'Norway deal' only to oppose that now that doesn't fit.

The man is a crook, just as Jeffrey Archer was before. But that did not stop Archer from wowing the simple minded until finally caught - and so the question is how much longer has Farage got ?

Not too long I would suggest.

Expenses are easily inflated and an MEPs salary is generous. I watched the clip when you posted it last night and it is very revealing but not the whole story. UKIP had enough to keep it going from members subscriptions surely. I think there is something closer to a pyramid scheme or the type of racket some evangelists get up to going on here. And I wonder about the partly George Soros funded 'Best For Britain' campaign too (despite happily getting the emails on a regular basis). Get people worked up about something and then ask them for money so that you can campaign on their behalf. Agree with your opponent that you will both run a halfarsed campaign so that the sh1tshow never ends and bank the difference?

Actually, when you think about it, insurance is a bit like that.

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 08:14 - Jun 5 with 2731 viewsFtnfwest

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 07:24 - Jun 5 by WeWereZombies

It was implied that it was set up to get him back into politics by way of setting up the BP. Given the position in 2016 was that it was in some doubt that parliament would even get a vote on the nature of the brexit deal/no deal let alone stop it altogether, it was as unlikely that he would want to get involved again any more than the reason for this payment that's currently being given. They've certainly got to answer for it.
Mind you, having seen the slap on the wrist from the EU that Barroso and Mandelson amongst others got for far worse years ago maybe he's just not that worried about it.
Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 08:28 - Jun 5 with 2720 viewsHARRY10

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 08:08 - Jun 5 by WeWereZombies

Expenses are easily inflated and an MEPs salary is generous. I watched the clip when you posted it last night and it is very revealing but not the whole story. UKIP had enough to keep it going from members subscriptions surely. I think there is something closer to a pyramid scheme or the type of racket some evangelists get up to going on here. And I wonder about the partly George Soros funded 'Best For Britain' campaign too (despite happily getting the emails on a regular basis). Get people worked up about something and then ask them for money so that you can campaign on their behalf. Agree with your opponent that you will both run a halfarsed campaign so that the sh1tshow never ends and bank the difference?

Actually, when you think about it, insurance is a bit like that.

I doubt very much if UKIP relied upon members donations fr its main funding. That was provided by others who used Banks as a front. Those were not interested in some petty pyramid scam, theirs was an intent to break up the standards and protections the EU offered to both it's commerce and citizens.

That has been the real intent from day one, albeit the idea was that it was merely helping to fund a bunch of confused bigots.

Trumps rather dimwitted admittance of that yesterday should have been the final proof, if only in the speed it was retracted (not the brightest is our Donald).

The idea that employees get 4 weeks paid holiday, not the two weeks as in the US and that food safety is far higher in the EU has been a source of constant frustration to the US. While they can produce food cheaper than can be produced in the EU it is only through having worse conditions for employees and very dodgy practices in the rearing of the animals.

The EU has set a base line to stop member countries from a 'race to the bottom', which means UK consumers can be assured of a reasonable level of food safety in what they buy.

It is only the brexit halfwits who somehow imagine they will benefit by having these standards lowered dramatically, if not removed completely. Because do that and the UK's farming industry would be killed off in a matter of a year or so as it would have to sink to that level to compete but see exports virtually end.
Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 08:48 - Jun 5 with 2704 viewsNo9

The BBC could have done a much better job on this story, infact it has come up short & again made it look like the EU is the villain in this story.

Mr Farage is Mr Banks tool to get the UK out of the EU and into a one sided trade deal with the Americans where Banks could then make even more £ from health & other dodgy insurances.

& that is just the tip of the iceberg the links Banks has with the Russians, the Russians links with election tinkering & the f act they can walk into the UK and bump people off is all begining to seem normal

The simple fact is that some if not most of these activities are illegal escapes the BBC and reflects very badly on the government who should be encouraging the police to get their finger out.
Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 09:05 - Jun 5 with 2675 viewsGuthrum

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 08:28 - Jun 5 by HARRY10

I doubt very much if UKIP relied upon members donations fr its main funding. That was provided by others who used Banks as a front. Those were not interested in some petty pyramid scam, theirs was an intent to break up the standards and protections the EU offered to both it's commerce and citizens.

That has been the real intent from day one, albeit the idea was that it was merely helping to fund a bunch of confused bigots.

Trumps rather dimwitted admittance of that yesterday should have been the final proof, if only in the speed it was retracted (not the brightest is our Donald).

The idea that employees get 4 weeks paid holiday, not the two weeks as in the US and that food safety is far higher in the EU has been a source of constant frustration to the US. While they can produce food cheaper than can be produced in the EU it is only through having worse conditions for employees and very dodgy practices in the rearing of the animals.

The EU has set a base line to stop member countries from a 'race to the bottom', which means UK consumers can be assured of a reasonable level of food safety in what they buy.

It is only the brexit halfwits who somehow imagine they will benefit by having these standards lowered dramatically, if not removed completely. Because do that and the UK's farming industry would be killed off in a matter of a year or so as it would have to sink to that level to compete but see exports virtually end.

Especially when you add in the removal of CAP subsidies, which, despite protestations to the contrary, are very unlikely to be covered by the UK government in reality - especially a set of leadership candidates making wild promises to slash taxation.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 10:25 - Jun 5 with 2631 viewsNo9

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 08:28 - Jun 5 by HARRY10

There are bliknkers that prevent people from seeing that Trumps 'America First' slogan means just that & not America & England first.

Trump has, courtesy of the trade wars he has created, got a serious problem with surplus Agri goods that most of the world don't want so he is looking for somewhere to dump them, the brexiters have given him considerable confidence that he will be able to dump them here.

The tory party is no longer full of farmers so that is one hurdle he doesn't have to jump.

Considering the Queen & her offspring are among the largest recipents of CAP money I am sure the tories will keep her well provided for.
Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 12:05 - Jun 5 with 2603 viewsOldsmoker

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 07:16 - Jun 5 by Ftnfwest

If he was "out of politics" then why the Question Time appearances?
He was on 4 times during this period.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 15:41 - Jun 5 with 2557 viewsMVBlue

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 10:25 - Jun 5 by No9

There are bliknkers that prevent people from seeing that Trumps 'America First' slogan means just that & not America & England first.

Trump has, courtesy of the trade wars he has created, got a serious problem with surplus Agri goods that most of the world don't want so he is looking for somewhere to dump them, the brexiters have given him considerable confidence that he will be able to dump them here.

The tory party is no longer full of farmers so that is one hurdle he doesn't have to jump.

Considering the Queen & her offspring are among the largest recipents of CAP money I am sure the tories will keep her well provided for.

Nigel Farages BnP is surely bank rolled by American focused funding people and insurance firms who hope to profit from the tearing down of rules.

I am still in disbelief that journalists won’t publish the full benefits we have had from EU policy including car safety, food safety, air quality, work benefits (maternity included).

This is separate to all the EU project funding, trading, inter state working rights and human rights.
What of all those benefits shall we choose to lose to become a tax free libertarian society???
[Post edited 5 Jun 2019 15:42]

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

POTD (n/t) on 15:56 - Jun 5 with 2549 viewsDyland

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 02:59 - Jun 5 by HARRY10

The greater concern here is.....who is Banks fronting the money for ?

As I doubt the millions that have been used to fund UKIP, the Brexit company and even 'my little fantasist' Yaxley-Lennon has been put up simply to placate any number of bigots who would rather there were fewer folk with brown faces in the UK.

Theirs is an intent to get the UK out of the EU with all it's pesky safe food, clean air/beaches regulations. Why should the very wealthy see their profits used to pay for employees health and welfare ?

And as you can guess that would not go down well, so dress it up under some nonsensical guff about 'control' and unelected Eurocrats and the bigots will think that at last someone else is a ignorant as they are.

Ironic thing is those very bigots would be the very ones who would see their care and hospital treatment severely curtailed (as in the US) were brexit ever to happen. Mind you, it would solve some of the housing shortage as elderly bigots were left to die.

Sell off the NHS - Kill off the elderly.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 16:18 - Jun 5 with 2533 viewsBlueBadger

Mainly down to the actions of the hard-core 'no deal' headbangers that he now claims to be one of.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2019 16:43]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 17:20 - Jun 5 with 2504 viewsWeWereZombies

Aaron Banks and Nigel Farage, the very odd couple on 08:14 - Jun 5 by Ftnfwest

It was implied that it was set up to get him back into politics by way of setting up the BP. Given the position in 2016 was that it was in some doubt that parliament would even get a vote on the nature of the brexit deal/no deal let alone stop it altogether, it was as unlikely that he would want to get involved again any more than the reason for this payment that's currently being given. They've certainly got to answer for it.
Mind you, having seen the slap on the wrist from the EU that Barroso and Mandelson amongst others got for far worse years ago maybe he's just not that worried about it.

How blinking obvious, when it already is, does it have to be made to you? Nigel Farage never left politics. And probably never had any intention of leaving politics because if he had then he would have resigned as an MEP when he went off in 2016.

Unless he was interested in taking money under false pretences...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024