Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Life through JC's eyes..... 12:05 - Jun 15 with 25760 viewshampstead_blue

Even when caught on camera JC wants to support his mates.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48645280

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Life through JC's eyes..... on 14:47 - Jun 15 with 1486 viewsfooters

Life through JC's eyes..... on 14:42 - Jun 15 by Bluesquid

Elder Grizzly stated that our intelligence services don’t get many things wrong.

What i posted rather shows this not to be the case, my post was about his statement which is just plain wrong.

Something I'm sure a whole tube carriage of people and the family of Mr DeMenezes can attest to.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Life through JC's eyes..... on 14:47 - Jun 15 with 1486 viewsBrixtonBlue

Life through JC's eyes..... on 14:27 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

In the interest of balance nobody has been able to verify that statement. It's been made by the owner and nobody else as far as I'm aware. Not even any quotes from the crew and human memory is very poor in these things.

The general public simply don't know at the moment, there isn't enough information. That's not saying governments don't know though.

SB
[Post edited 15 Jun 2019 14:28]

Why, in the interest of balance, do you always take the opposite view of me? Not looking to start a row, a genuine question.

I'm going on what the BBC has said. There appears to be doubt, so further investigation seems right and proper to me.

And if the government does know, why is Hunt only saying "ALMOST certain"?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Life through JC's eyes..... on 14:48 - Jun 15 with 1482 viewsStokieBlue

Life through JC's eyes..... on 14:42 - Jun 15 by Bluesquid

Elder Grizzly stated that our intelligence services don’t get many things wrong.

What i posted rather shows this not to be the case, my post was about his statement which is just plain wrong.

Your post didn't show that. It shows one public thing they got wrong. What about all the things they got right? You've certainly not disproven "don't get many things wrong".

How long do you maintain historical events as contemporary evidence. You often use this that are 40+ years old as evidence. It's a deeply flawed approach. You seem to revel in criticising anything Western.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Life through JC's eyes..... on 14:49 - Jun 15 with 1482 viewsBrixtonBlue

Life through JC's eyes..... on 14:33 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

It's not boom.

Bluesquid plays this card every single time. You cannot base everything on historical events. By that rationale the UK intelligence forces can never be trusted ever again even though it's likely a lot of those people have moved on.

It's an annoying tactic deployed endlessly on here to take pops at the West.

SB

I take your point... but you can't blindly trust them either.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Life through JC's eyes..... on 14:51 - Jun 15 with 1477 viewsBluesquid

Life through JC's eyes..... on 14:47 - Jun 15 by footers

Something I'm sure a whole tube carriage of people and the family of Mr DeMenezes can attest to.

Yes and the Manchester Arena attack after the bomber was allowed back into the UK on Theresa Mays watch.
Life through JC's eyes..... on 14:56 - Jun 15 with 1459 viewsBrixtonBlue

Life through JC's eyes..... on 14:48 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

Your post didn't show that. It shows one public thing they got wrong. What about all the things they got right? You've certainly not disproven "don't get many things wrong".

How long do you maintain historical events as contemporary evidence. You often use this that are 40+ years old as evidence. It's a deeply flawed approach. You seem to revel in criticising anything Western.

SB

It was a pretty big one to get wrong. It resulted in war and thousands of people killed.

Footers has added another couple.

I think the point is proven that you can't 100% trust them.

Life through JC's eyes..... on 14:57 - Jun 15 with 1455 viewsBluesquid

Life through JC's eyes..... on 14:48 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

SB

Iraq war intelligence blunders not enough for you then?

Manchester Arena attack and see Footers post.
Life through JC's eyes..... on 15:02 - Jun 15 with 1432 viewsStokieBlue

Life through JC's eyes..... on 14:47 - Jun 15 by BrixtonBlue

Why, in the interest of balance, do you always take the opposite view of me? Not looking to start a row, a genuine question.

I'm going on what the BBC has said. There appears to be doubt, so further investigation seems right and proper to me.

And if the government does know, why is Hunt only saying "ALMOST certain"?

Eh? I've not taken any side. You asked what people made of that point and I gave you the latest position on it.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

Life through JC's eyes..... on 15:03 - Jun 15 with 1425 viewsStokieBlue

Life through JC's eyes..... on 14:49 - Jun 15 by BrixtonBlue

I take your point... but you can't blindly trust them either.

That's a perfectly valid position.

All we can hope is that they are more in the know that us. It's their job after all and the public aren't and shouldn't be privy to all intelligence information.

SB
[Post edited 15 Jun 2019 15:04]

Life through JC's eyes..... on 15:16 - Jun 15 with 1392 viewsBrixtonBlue

Life through JC's eyes..... on 15:02 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

Eh? I've not taken any side. You asked what people made of that point and I gave you the latest position on it.

SB

The article was posted less than half an hour ago, you have more up-to-date info than that?

Even if he is the only source, it's enough to urge caution (rather than the Trump approach) wouldn't you say?

Life through JC's eyes..... on 15:17 - Jun 15 with 1385 viewsfooters

Anyone else been humming this since seeing the thread title?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Life through JC's eyes..... on 15:56 - Jun 15 with 1351 viewsClapham_Junction

Life through JC's eyes..... on 16:23 - Jun 15 with 1316 viewsjaykay

Life through JC's eyes..... on 12:57 - Jun 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Try saying that about Israeli lobbying money.....go on, dare you!

you got him bang to rights there. silence is golden

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Life through JC's eyes..... on 16:30 - Jun 15 with 1311 viewsStokieBlue

Life through JC's eyes..... on 15:16 - Jun 15 by BrixtonBlue

The article was posted less than half an hour ago, you have more up-to-date info than that?

Even if he is the only source, it's enough to urge caution (rather than the Trump approach) wouldn't you say?

Those statements were made yesterday by the Japanese executive - in fact they are mentioned by another poster in a thread yesterday.

Pretty sure I've said numerous times there needs to be better evidence. I've also said the public may not be (and perhaps shouldn't be) privy to all intelligence. We don't make all decisions by public vote.

SB

Life through JC's eyes..... on 16:35 - Jun 15 with 1296 viewsBrixtonBlue

Life through JC's eyes..... on 16:30 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

Those statements were made yesterday by the Japanese executive - in fact they are mentioned by another poster in a thread yesterday.

Pretty sure I've said numerous times there needs to be better evidence. I've also said the public may not be (and perhaps shouldn't be) privy to all intelligence. We don't make all decisions by public vote.

SB

Regardless of when the statements were made, the BBC article was (at the time) less than half an hour old. I'd say that would be pretty up to date on developments.

Anyway, going on your 3rd from last sentence, do you agree Corbyn's right to urge caution then?

Life through JC's eyes..... on 16:37 - Jun 15 with 1289 viewsStokieBlue

Life through JC's eyes..... on 14:57 - Jun 15 by Bluesquid

Iraq war intelligence blunders not enough for you then?

Manchester Arena attack and see Footers post.

Iraq was bad, as I've acknowledged. It was also 16 years ago, I suspect most involved have moved on don't you?

Manchester (from the BBC in 2018):

"A previous report into the attack revealed that MI5 had planned to review the risks posed by Abedi - but the meeting was not scheduled to take place before the attack occurred."

So they were looking into it but weren't fast enough - this is entirely different to the points being made.

de Menezes was horrible but that was a mistake and poor operation by the MET not the intellgience agencies.

Nobody is saying they are perfect but your blanket dismissal of them with regards to anything is rather insulting to a large number of people who are doing their best to try and protect the country. We have no idea how many incidents have been prevented yet you make it out like they are sitting around plotting against people and working out ways to lie to the public.

It's shameful.

SB

Life through JC's eyes..... on 16:38 - Jun 15 with 1285 viewsStokieBlue

Life through JC's eyes..... on 16:35 - Jun 15 by BrixtonBlue

Regardless of when the statements were made, the BBC article was (at the time) less than half an hour old. I'd say that would be pretty up to date on developments.

Anyway, going on your 3rd from last sentence, do you agree Corbyn's right to urge caution then?

I've not disagreed with anything JC has said about the matter in any of my posts have I?

I think caution is sensible. However if the evidence is credible (something we don't really know as the public) I suspect JC and I might diverge in our opinions.

SB
[Post edited 15 Jun 2019 16:40]

Life through JC's eyes..... on 16:51 - Jun 15 with 1268 viewsBrixtonBlue

Life through JC's eyes..... on 16:38 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

I've not disagreed with anything JC has said about the matter in any of my posts have I?

I think caution is sensible. However if the evidence is credible (something we don't really know as the public) I suspect JC and I might diverge in our opinions.

SB
[Post edited 15 Jun 2019 16:40]

"I've not disagreed with anything JC has said about the matter in any of my posts have I?"

Nope. And I never said you did.

Not sure why you think you and JC might diverge in your opinions. He's asked for credible evidence. If it's forthcoming I'm sure he'll be happy.

All he's done is asked for it.

Life through JC's eyes..... on 16:51 - Jun 15 with 1268 viewsDarth_Koont

Life through JC's eyes..... on 15:56 - Jun 15 by Clapham_Junction

France and Germany are clearly extremists.

Pronouns: He/Him

Life through JC's eyes..... on 16:55 - Jun 15 with 1256 viewsNo9

Can you explain that?
Not sure 'JC' has a navy
Life through JC's eyes..... on 16:59 - Jun 15 with 1248 viewsNo9

Life through JC's eyes..... on 13:48 - Jun 15 by BrixtonBlue

Why has Hunt said "almost certainly"?

You're merely trying to smear Corbyn rather than look at it objectively. Even Bully (Sparks) in this thread, who is very anti Corbyn, is saying his approach is the correct way to be.

It may well be the Iranians, all Corbyn is asking for is definitive proof before we go in all guns blazing. The correct and proper thing to do.

Maybe people missed what the F Secretary said but, it was along the lines of - we need to spend much more on defence because the Americans want us to
Now he's one of the people in the tory rat race; not sure I would take too much noice of anythign he says as he plays to the hang em & flog em brigade
Life through JC's eyes..... on 17:05 - Jun 15 with 1246 viewsPinewoodblue

Can someone explain why you would want to attach Limpet mines above the water line.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2019 17:24]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Life through JC's eyes..... on 17:11 - Jun 15 with 1225 viewsDarth_Koont

Life through JC's eyes..... on 17:05 - Jun 15 by Pinewoodblue

Can someone explain why you would want to attach Limpet mines above the water line.

So you can show a picture of them?

Pronouns: He/Him

Life through JC's eyes..... on 17:12 - Jun 15 with 1224 viewsNo9

On a double skin tanker the limpet mine would pierce the outer skin but would be very unlikely to pierce the inner skin.
This would show the tanker coud be hit but without the risk of explosion or terrible pollution.
Life through JC's eyes..... on 17:12 - Jun 15 with 1221 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

To save the koalas.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024