Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory leadership vote today 08:47 - Jun 18 with 9665 viewsHerbivore

Who do we think is going?

I expect Stewart to definitely fall and probably Javid too. I wouldn't be hugely surprised to see Raab go, his team really needed to do a Boris and not let him speak in public.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tory leadership vote today on 08:48 - Jun 18 with 2435 viewshomer_123

Rory 'Corbyn' Stewart will end up fighting Boris for it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Tory leadership vote today on 08:48 - Jun 18 with 2437 viewsRadlett_blue

Unless there is a lot of tactical voting, it's looking near certain that Boris will be in the run off with Gove or (preferably) Hunt.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Tory leadership vote today on 08:49 - Jun 18 with 2434 viewsBigManBlue

I try and see the best in people, but Raab just creeps me out. Looks like the kind of guy who stares at a wall in a fugue state for 22 hours a day, then switches himself on just to make a poorly thought through or offensive comment. Rinse and repeat...

Edit - Stewart, Raab and probably Javid all to go today.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2019 8:49]

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Tory leadership vote today on 08:49 - Jun 18 with 2429 viewsHerbivore

Tory leadership vote today on 08:48 - Jun 18 by homer_123

Rory 'Corbyn' Stewart will end up fighting Boris for it.

No chance. He's miles from having the backing needed within the parliamentary party.

Tory leadership vote today on 08:53 - Jun 18 with 2411 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rory Stewart will get through today. Raab will go. Perhaps Saj.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2019 8:53]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Tory leadership vote today on 09:05 - Jun 18 with 2387 viewsStokieBlue

I'm really hoping that Stewart gets through for the simple reason he will absolutely tear Boris apart in the debate this evening.

It's all pointless though, why are there even debates on something the huge majority of the population can't even vote on?

It's a done deal. Boris as PM. Sad times.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Tory leadership vote today on 09:07 - Jun 18 with 2370 viewsHerbivore

Tory leadership vote today on 09:05 - Jun 18 by StokieBlue

I'm really hoping that Stewart gets through for the simple reason he will absolutely tear Boris apart in the debate this evening.

It's all pointless though, why are there even debates on something the huge majority of the population can't even vote on?

SB

Sad times indeed. When you look at some of the stuff Boris has got up to over the years the fact he'll be PM is equally staggering and terrifying.

Tory leadership vote today on 09:10 - Jun 18 with 2356 viewsWacko

SB

Stewart needs 14 of Hancock's 20 votes to go through, and claims he has them. I think after the C4 debate there'll be even more for him from elsewhere, he's second favourite after all

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Login to get fewer ads

Tory leadership vote today on 09:11 - Jun 18 with 2346 viewsGuthrum

SB

It can serve a useful purpose, in that someone seen to be going down badly in the country would therefore be less likely to win a general election and so less attractive as leader.

However, counter to that, party members often have an exaggerated idea of the extent to which they themselves reflect the views of the electorate, so are likely to believe that someone who coincided with their opinions would do better in an election than is actually the case (call it the "silent majority" factor).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Tory leadership vote today on 09:12 - Jun 18 with 2341 viewsStokieBlue

Tory leadership vote today on 09:10 - Jun 18 by Wacko

Stewart needs 14 of Hancock's 20 votes to go through, and claims he has them. I think after the C4 debate there'll be even more for him from elsewhere, he's second favourite after all

We will see. Lots of Tories will just go with covering themselves so they are in favour with the new regime.

I would also caveat it that the votes are likely not to remain in blocks as people drop out.

SB

Tory leadership vote today on 09:14 - Jun 18 with 2338 viewsGuthrum

Tory leadership vote today on 09:10 - Jun 18 by Wacko

I think Stewart will be drawing votes in from elsewhere. Most commentators think he did well in the debates so far and his campaign seems to be picking up momentum (and still attracting senior backers within the party, e.g. Liddington).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Tory leadership vote today on 09:17 - Jun 18 with 2324 viewsRadlett_blue

Tory leadership vote today on 09:14 - Jun 18 by Guthrum

I think Stewart will be drawing votes in from elsewhere. Most commentators think he did well in the debates so far and his campaign seems to be picking up momentum (and still attracting senior backers within the party, e.g. Liddington).

If enough Tory MPs want to see a right v left run off for leader then, yes, they could opt for Stewart.

Tory leadership vote today on 09:18 - Jun 18 with 2322 viewsROKERITE

Tory leadership vote today on 08:49 - Jun 18 by BigManBlue

I try and see the best in people, but Raab just creeps me out. Looks like the kind of guy who stares at a wall in a fugue state for 22 hours a day, then switches himself on just to make a poorly thought through or offensive comment. Rinse and repeat...

Edit - Stewart, Raab and probably Javid all to go today.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2019 8:49]

I like Raab and find him impressive, not withstanding his Dover gaffe of a few weeks ago. Unfortunately he doesn't have the ability to argue on his feet necessary, particularly now, in politics.
The outstanding Tory M.P. in my opinion is Priti Patel but she didn't put herself forward and wouldn't have got far if she had.
Barring a monumental cock-up Boris is going to be P.M. and it's as much hope as expectation even from his supporters. As for Rory Stewart he's regarded by most Conservatives as the Tory non-Tories would prefer but still never vote for.
Tory leadership vote today on 09:18 - Jun 18 with 2324 viewsGlasgowBlue

SB

Boris is terrified of Rory Stewart. Hence the MI6 story in today’s telegraph. Although I don’t see this hurting him.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Tory leadership vote today on 09:20 - Jun 18 with 2308 viewsIpswichKnight

Javid and Raab to go today.

Not sure what the Borisgraph was doing trying to out Stewart as a spy this morning. Boris getting a little edgy with Stewart even lending votes to Hunt to make sure he goes through.
Tory leadership vote today on 09:20 - Jun 18 with 2308 viewsHerbivore

Tory leadership vote today on 09:17 - Jun 18 by Radlett_blue

If enough Tory MPs want to see a right v left run off for leader then, yes, they could opt for Stewart.

You think Stewart is left???

Tory leadership vote today on 09:22 - Jun 18 with 2304 viewsPinewoodblue

Probably the most difficult electorate to try and work out what they will do in these early stages in the process.

Rory Stewart hit a nerve when he said there are 100 conservative MPs who would vote the government down if Boris attempted to bypass parliament and leave the EU on 31sr October.

I think that Stewart will finish in the first three when the results are known ahead of either Gove or Hunt but will then fall out in Wednesday's vote. Agree that Raab and Javid will fail to attract 33 votes.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Tory leadership vote today on 09:22 - Jun 18 with 2303 viewsHerbivore

Tory leadership vote today on 09:14 - Jun 18 by Guthrum

I'm not sure how much that will all matter ultimately, the Tory party seems to have closed ranks and gone into full on self-preservation mode. What the wider public thinks is largely irrelevant.

Tory leadership vote today on 09:23 - Jun 18 with 2301 viewsElephantintheRoom

The battle is almost over. Raab will be gone, Javed Miandad too. Gove is already angling for a place in Boris's cabinet with most key positions promised twice already. Hunt needs to be reassured he can keep being a patronizing Foreign Secretary, then it's job done - but he will not bow out for a few days yet. There is already a substantial swing behind Stewart from the saner wing of the Party. The final task will be to persuade Stewart to withdraw for the good of the nation etc etc thus showing the party is united and there is no need for a vote.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Tory leadership vote today on 09:23 - Jun 18 with 2296 viewsIpswichKnight

Tory leadership vote today on 09:18 - Jun 18 by GlasgowBlue

Boris is terrified of Rory Stewart. Hence the MI6 story in today’s telegraph. Although I don’t see this hurting him.

It won't in fact it will have quite the opposite effect ( though it's been known for years he had been working for MI6 working for an NGO in dodgy places has always been a favourite cover story for MI6 agents )
Tory leadership vote today on 09:25 - Jun 18 with 2281 viewsRadlett_blue

Tory leadership vote today on 09:20 - Jun 18 by Herbivore

Left of the centre of the Tory party, yes.

Tory leadership vote today on 09:25 - Jun 18 with 2284 viewshomer_123

Tory leadership vote today on 09:20 - Jun 18 by Herbivore

Ex Labour member.

He's the most likely candidate (in a GE) to pull votes from Lab and Lib Dem supporters. He's not gone crazy bat sh*t on tax cuts for the rich and manic spending either.

Tory leadership vote today on 09:26 - Jun 18 with 2279 viewshomer_123

Tory leadership vote today on 08:49 - Jun 18 by Herbivore

No chance. He's miles from having the backing needed within the parliamentary party.

Of course he has a chance.

Tory leadership vote today on 09:27 - Jun 18 with 2282 viewsStokieBlue

Tory leadership vote today on 09:18 - Jun 18 by GlasgowBlue

I'm struggling to understand how a past in MI6 is in any way a bad thing?

It demonstrates a likely level of competence and also an understanding of complex geopolitical issues that a PM is likely to face.

It's a very odd line of attack.

SB

Tory leadership vote today on 09:28 - Jun 18 with 2272 viewshomer_123

Tory leadership vote today on 09:27 - Jun 18 by StokieBlue

I'm struggling to understand how a past in MI6 is in any way a bad thing?

It demonstrates a likely level of competence and also an understanding of complex geopolitical issues that a PM is likely to face.

It's a very odd line of attack.

SB

Indeed - singularly the strangest attack I've seen for a while.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024